• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

GUNDY_ #21 Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:03 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 82 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostStyo, on 26 July 2017 - 06:15 PM, said:

So after watching Dunkirk I reinstalled the game only to find 400 players online, still no HD models unlike WoT. Only 1 new Nation (French).

This game still being neglected?

Should I just start playing War Thunder?

Are the devs even active on here? 

Any future improvements to the game coming?

Or are they just letting this game die?

Neglected? Yes, in many ways. Just read the hot topics on the forums the past 4 years.

WarThunder? That's up to you. In many ways, they've done something better than this. But, it's still a Russian developer... I'm waiting for a better WWII plane game to come along.

The devs are NOT active in the forums, and never have been.

They say there's a 2.0 coming with bomber attack mode, but from what I've heard the game isn't any better and reviews were mostly negative. DO you really want half the available human players to be in another game-mode?

(And, really, only 15 people were invited to the tests? That says something right there.)

Yes, they are letting the game die. Some reasons the game is still on life support: funds coming in from the other two games, the influx of customer support tickets complaining about the server issues, and addressing complaints against Sojo.

:trollface:

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #22 Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostGUNDY_, on 27 July 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

Neglected? Yes, in many ways. Just read the hot topics on the forums the past 4 years.

WarThunder? That's up to you. In many ways, they've done something better than this. But, it's still a Russian developer... I'm waiting for a better WWII plane game to come along.

The devs are NOT active in the forums, and never have been.

They say there's a 2.0 coming with bomber attack mode, but from what I've heard the game isn't any better and reviews were mostly negative. DO you really want half the available human players to be in another game-mode?

(And, really, only 15 people were invited to the tests? That says something right there.)

Yes, they are letting the game die. Some reasons the game is still on life support: funds coming in from the other two games, the influx of customer support tickets complaining about the server issues, and addressing complaints against Sojo.

:trollface:

+1

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

GhostPrime #23 Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:06 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 19 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostStyo, on 26 July 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

So after watching Dunkirk I reinstalled the game only to find 400 players online, still no HD models unlike WoT. Only 1 new Nation (French).

Hello! 

Let me adress your questions in order:

1. No

2. WoWp is still more fun. ;)

3. They do read the forums more than you guys realize 

4. Yes, a lot. 

Also, this game Does have HD models. Always has. It was the first of our title to have them out of the gate. There is a low res version though. You need to change it in the launcher to HD. 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

LBAEZ #24 Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
agree with  Pyantoryng  it should be a whole line from tier 1 to 10 on the Italian line of planes

Lt_Haruhi_Suzumiya #25 Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 62 battles

View PostStyo, on 26 July 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

er.. Welcome mister Alpha tester.
I think mister GeorgePatton give you sir answer already. but I will give it to you again :d

1.  This game still being neglected?
Yes.  I think we are.   er.. maybe?   thanks to mister Ghostprime. he don't neglect us.

2. Should I just start playing War Thun***?
Well.. I don't know :P  Little bit of try will not hurt you lot.   but If you liked warplanes before.. ? then nope.  

Talking half jokingly, I think WT has only two point of sameness with this game.  
First - Both of game can fly with WW2 planes.
Second - Both of games can shoot guns on it. and even drop some bombs on it.
Everything else are different between WT and WOWP.    unlikely those WT fanboys know bout WOWP does. (The guys who are coming to WOWP videos and throw blaming comment and laughing with each other of them. I think They usually think WOWP is the Dead old copy version of WT, which the one that everything are worse than WT)

3. Are the devs even active on here?

Nah, as mister George says, No devs are active on WOWP NA forum.  but.. gladly, Mister Ghostprime, Community coordinator of our forum is very veeery active.

4. Any future improvements to the game coming? Or are they just letting this game die?

Update 2.0 are coming. for us.  ETA? Soon

Improvement or Undesirable downgrade?  We don't know yet.  Update 2.0 is WOWP's Trump card, and the long card(last card on hand.)

If Update 2.0 success, WOWP will be great again, but If Update 2.0 flop? well.. I don't want to think bout that.

p.s .  We need more tech tree! mooooorrrreee!!   Seven nations with five national tech-tree are not enough!  We should have Italian tree, and British hurricanes, and.. French 'regular-planes' branch, even more!  The seven nation army can't hold me back!
ah, I think we don't need Chinese regular planes.   I guess that those things will be full of copycats like china branch on World of Tanks does.   specially, China TD for 'China server only' does.

Edited by Lt_Haruhi_Suzumiya, 27 July 2017 - 04:27 PM.

I guess, This pilot is worst teammate when you are on match, *Facepalm

Former 2.0 stat.
7155 matches,  53.12% win rate, Hall of fame 772.

Member Title : Senior Master Sergeant

Jaguardian #26 Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:03 PM

• 1 battle
WoWP 2.0 or WoWP 2.bl0ws - only time will tell.

pyantoryng #27 Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:37 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

View PostJaguardian, on 27 July 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

WoWP 2.0 or WoWP 2.bl0ws - only time will tell.

WoWP 0.2.......oh wait, that existed! :teethhappy:

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #28 Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
Ghost is an "illusionist" with a paycheck in tow.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

Psicko23 #29 Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:23 PM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostGhostPrime, on 27 July 2017 - 07:06 AM, said:

Hello! 

Let me adress your questions in order:

1. No

3. They do read the forums more than you guys realize 

4. Yes, a lot. 

Also, this game Does have HD models. Always has. It was the first of our title to have them out of the gate. There is a low res version though. You need to change it in the launcher to HD. 

There is a big difference between reading the forum, engaging on the forum, and actually listening to the NA forum.

GeorgePatton #30 Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:49 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 14 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMALICE_AT_BIRTH, on 27 July 2017 - 12:57 PM, said:

Ghost is an "illusionist" with a paycheck in tow.

From a completely objective point of view - Warplanes is actually a 'good' flight game. It's had a lot of bad press that scared a lot of people away. At the time, the bad press was actually deserved - now the only real complaint anyone can legitimately hold is the lack of players and 'end game' (clan wars) content. Gameplay is fun and IMO is the most fairly balanced between the three games in the 'World of' series. Are there things that could be better about it? Sure, there always will be things that could be better - even in real life - but as far as videogames go, Warplanes is not bad at all. We just need to attract more people to the game.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #31 Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostPsicko23, on 27 July 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

There is a big difference between reading the forum, engaging on the forum, and actually listening to the NA forum.

Here is the last thing I posted to our phantom Devs; when I was a fool and thought they would listen and entertain the idea - Not a word. Like most of the old timers that forwarded good ideas, reasonable idea’s with potential and no loss of potential profit to Wargaming, and an in game incentive for the player base. I have had similar good faith ideas. But, again this was the last one on record. e.g. July 19, 2016.

Turn EPIC & SERVICE Awards into EARNED ITEMS - 07.19.16

Hello Wargaming - WOWP Division

Lots of Awards, So what!  They have no Value - I SUGGEST – The ability to turn in ‘Epic Achievements” and Service Awards for in game items, i.e. Modules, Equipment, in game Silver etc- Example 500 ACES earns a Premium Plane? AS AN EXAMPLE - having awards is about as useless as a one legged man in an A** Kicking Contest. You should be able to earn awards for them; let them be worth the work and time we put into this game to earn such awards!

There is several variants of "What is Fair" X amount of EPIC Award(s) = Crew Points, Modules, Equipment, in game Silver, tickets, Premiums days etc- 

My Point - Treat your loyal customers for their time and energy (in-game) with earned items based on their service records - e.g. you don't earn 500 Aces playing a few hours a week! Your Diehard Loyal Customers do! Wargaming loyal tenured players deserve some incentives.

I feel this could be an equitable compromise.

Thanks,

Sojo

Edited by MALICE_AT_BIRTH, 28 July 2017 - 10:53 PM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

GhostPrime #32 Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:35 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 19 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostMALICE_AT_BIRTH, on 27 July 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

Here is the last thing I posted to our phantom Devs; when I was a fool and thought they would listen and entertain the idea - Not a word. Like most of the old timers that forwarded good ideas, reasonable idea’s with potential and no loss of potential profit to Wargaming, and an in game incentive for the player base. I have had similar good faith ideas. But, again this was the last one on record. e.g. July 19, 2016.

Turn EPIC & SERVICE Awards into EARNED ITEMS - 07.19.16

Hello Wargaming - WOWP Division

Lots of Awards, So what!  They have no Value - I SUGGEST – The ability to turn in ‘Epic Achievements” and Service Awards for in game items, i.e. Modules, Equipment, in game Silver etc- Example 500 ACES earns a Premium Plane? AS AN EXAMPLE - having awards is about as useless as a one legged man in an A** Kicking Contest. You should be able to earn awards for them; let them be worth the work and time we put into this game to earn such awards!

There is several variants of "What is Fair" X amount of EPIC Award(s) = Crew Points, Modules, Equipment, in game Silver, tickets, Premiums days etc- 

My Point - Treat your loyal customers for their time and energy (in-game) with earned items based on their service records - e.g. you don't earn 500 Aces playing a few hours a week! Your Diehard Loyal Customers do! Wargaming loyal tenured players deserve some incentives.

I feel this could be an equitable compromise.

Thanks,

Sojo

The best way to get a suggestion heard is to rally people up behind your idea or thought. There have been many ideas that are very good made by players. You have to keep in mind though that the devs can take every suggestion that comes up, some have been implemented, as feedback is taken seriously. Its not realistic for every idea someone has to be implemented. 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

BobozeeBear #33 Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Not to sound bitter or jaded GP, however...take the perfect example of Phoenix's thread asking for the original National Park map back into the game has fallen on deaf ears even though there was huge support from this community for it. Just look at all the names that signed the petition in support.

Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

Omega_Weapon #34 Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:56 PM

• 0 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostGeorgePatton, on 27 July 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

From a completely objective point of view - Warplanes is actually a 'good' flight game. It's had a lot of bad press that scared a lot of people away. At the time, the bad press was actually deserved - now the only real complaint anyone can legitimately hold is the lack of players and 'end game' (clan wars) content.

​I still like the game, but to be fair the laggyness of the game (server problems) is a legitimate gripe as well. Particularly the lag related to gun accuracy which is just ridiculous much of the time. I feel it was not this bad 2 years ago and has been slowly getting worse over time. I guess that is what happens though when you have to run a big game on the cheap. I'm hoping the game rebounds in popularity after 2.0, but that all depends on what the devs come up with. Fingers crossed.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #35 Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostGhostPrime, on 27 July 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

The best way to get a suggestion heard is to rally people up behind your idea or thought. There have been many ideas that are very good made by players. You have to keep in mind though that the devs can take every suggestion that comes up, some have been implemented, as feedback is taken seriously. Its not realistic for every idea someone has to be implemented. 

Name 3 player Idea's since release (November 12, 2013) that has been implemented by the developers solely for World of Warplanes?

This answer should be a wing digger - can't wait...

Careful you Don't add the B_S sauce to the Sh_t Sandwich, not everyone will agree to eat it, please keep that in mind.

Wait a few Ghost, George will answer this for you...

Edited by MALICE_AT_BIRTH, 27 July 2017 - 10:15 PM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

TeamTerrible #36 Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:36 AM

First Lieutenant

• 4 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMALICE_AT_BIRTH, on 27 July 2017 - 04:31 PM, said:

Name 3 player Idea's since release (November 12, 2013) that has been implemented by the developers solely for World of Warplanes?

This answer should be a wing digger - can't wait...

Careful you Don't add the B_S sauce to the Sh_t Sandwich, not everyone will agree to eat it, please keep that in mind.

Wait a few Ghost, George will answer this for you...

Hey !! how come Ghost gets the easy questions????

Heck I can answer that one!! 

Chuck_norris10 #37 Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:15 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
  • [300SP] 300SP

With the player base so small now and personal issues arising as can be seen in this topic,that says volumes about the game and I wont even recommend it to my buddies because of this.

You kids should take it behind the arena after school like we did 40 years ago and settle your differences before involving the rest of us in your drama.

Some of us just like to fly and have fun,some of us realize this is just a game and in no way will your WR make any differance on a resume so just chill out.

I would get a strike for posting some stuff like I have seen....jus sayin,time to reel them in boys,most dont care about your drama festivel or who gets the last word.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #38 Posted 28 July 2017 - 03:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostChuck_norris10, on 27 July 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

With the player base so small now and personal issues arising as can be seen in this topic,that says volumes about the game and I wont even recommend it to my buddies because of this.

You kids should take it behind the arena after school like we did 40 years ago and settle your differences before involving the rest of us in your drama.

Some of us just like to fly and have fun,some of us realize this is just a game and in no way will your WR make any differance on a resume so just chill out.

I would get a strike for posting some stuff like I have seen....jus sayin,time to reel them in boys,most dont care about your drama festivel or who gets the last word.

Hello Chuck, 

I agree with one thing you had mentioned -I grew up the same way – but look at the world today -  Participation Trophies  etc, I will never ever wrap my head around that one -  and so on,

Moving on -

Here's the inexcusable - that will never be justified - All the Ghost's and GP's can spew all the excuses and prevarications they want - 

It’s been1355 days, Or, if you like 3 years, 8 months, 17 days Since WOWP(S) release date; No Clan Wars no end game content - The failure to implement the former brought on the demise of WOWP(S) failure to have parity with World of Tanks and causing the brutal decline of its player's based population. All the bugle calling in defense of WG and its Developers will never detour from this evident fact.

I love this game like all the other diehards, but pi_s poor management of WOWP(S) is blatantly obvious from the top, to see it any other way is a fool’s errand.

Ghost – Like I said before, you have to pay your bills you have to support your employer or lose your job, I get it! 

Edited by MALICE_AT_BIRTH, 28 July 2017 - 04:04 AM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

Psicko23 #39 Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:29 AM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostChuck_norris10, on 27 July 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

The only one who brought up win rate is you. I don't like losing, but even worse than losing I hate the fact that a game I used to really like went to crap. Stats don't really mean much in the bot era. I kept on going hoping that the people who make decisions will fix the game and make it better and not just change up the sounds and make the air pretty. I really liked this game when it was 15vs15(or close) of all humans. I guess I'm still considered a die hard. I just wish they would make it great again. Make wowp great. 

Wolcott #40 Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:59 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on 27 July 2017 - 11:06 PM, said:

I'm not a fan of War Thunder (I've many complaints about that game), but the one thing it always has over WoWP is variety of planes. IIRC, WT has at least four tech tree Hurricanes, the Mk I, IIB, IV and the Sea Hurricane IC. WoWP does have the Hurricane IID. The only problem is that it's not even in the tech tree but as a gift/reward. That left me very disappointed. Perhaps you could try and get the devs to put her in the tech tree so I could buy it? I honestly wouldn't mind spending a bit of money here because it's the Hurricane. I think I've waited long enough for a Hurricane line which I know will never come (not to mention the Hellcat).

Brewster - for lasting mastery of the air

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users