Jump to content


Premium shop broken


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Derpinoid #1 Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:55 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 15847 battles
  • 344
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
  • Member since:
    03-21-2015

So, for reasons I personally don't really understand, I bought the new premium spit, but I didn't get the plane or pilot, a small chunk of gold is all that showed up. You know something has gone horribly wrong when you can't even expect to get the swag you shouldn't have wasted your money on.

 

Given the general speed of support here, I guess I'll be filing a dispute with paypal, they might get my money back, or at least motivate WG to fix it.


Experience only counts when you're doing it right in the first place.

"When everything goes right, you don't learn anything" NASA rocket tester.


TeamTerrible #2 Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:24 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 46102 battles
  • 2,104
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-29-2012

Sometimes you have to tip the machine in order to get your purchase to fall into the gimme slot

 

 


 

 

         


GhostPrime #3 Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:28 PM

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 1654 battles
  • 2,037
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

View PostDerpinoid, on 24 July 2017 - 04:55 PM, said:

So, for reasons I personally don't really understand, I bought the new premium spit, but I didn't get the plane or pilot, a small chunk of gold is all that showed up. You know something has gone horribly wrong when you can't even expect to get the swag you shouldn't have wasted your money on.

 

Given the general speed of support here, I guess I'll be filing a dispute with paypal, they might get my money back, or at least motivate WG to fix it.

 

Did you submit a ticket about this issue? Support is fairly quick to answer tickets. 


Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!


Derpinoid #4 Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:42 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 15847 battles
  • 344
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
  • Member since:
    03-21-2015
Yep, first thing I did, automated response is all I got. Not fixed yet, any other suggestions?

Experience only counts when you're doing it right in the first place.

"When everything goes right, you don't learn anything" NASA rocket tester.


TeamTerrible #5 Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:52 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 46102 battles
  • 2,104
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-29-2012

View PostDerpinoid, on 25 July 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

Yep, first thing I did, automated response is all I got. Not fixed yet, any other suggestions?

 

If they cannot deliver your goods then request a refund, WG frowns on refunds and will work very hard to keep your money

 

 

 

 


 

 

         


pyantoryng #6 Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:53 AM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 12443 battles
  • 6,212
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
The one thing that should not be broken, has become broken............

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Derpinoid #7 Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:22 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 15847 battles
  • 344
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
  • Member since:
    03-21-2015
This is kinda the one area I'd expect them not to drop the ball, but there's the problem with expectations.

Experience only counts when you're doing it right in the first place.

"When everything goes right, you don't learn anything" NASA rocket tester.


RedSpartacus #8 Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:15 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 17552 battles
  • 1,519
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    02-02-2014

So many warnings in this forum not to use function premium_shop() :D

The small amount of gold that you've received is this 1000 ?

One thing that could keep you busy meanwhile is to check your account using the developer API https://developers.wargaming.net
But I don't know how to match the plane_id with the plane name.
 


Edited by RedSpartacus, 26 July 2017 - 02:28 PM.

  RUN WITH THE PACK

GhostPrime #9 Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:54 PM

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 1654 battles
  • 2,037
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

View PostDerpinoid, on 25 July 2017 - 12:42 PM, said:

Yep, first thing I did, automated response is all I got. Not fixed yet, any other suggestions?

 

Your ticket is being handled, and will be replied to shortly, and you will get what you paid for. Support is collecting information on this. If you are affected, please submit a ticket to support, and I assure you they will take care of you. 



Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!


Derpinoid #10 Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:00 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 15847 battles
  • 344
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
  • Member since:
    03-21-2015

View PostRedSpartacus, on 26 July 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

So many warnings in this forum not to use function premium_shop() :D

The small amount of gold that you've received is this 1000 ?

One thing that could keep you busy meanwhile is to check your account using the developer API https://developers.wargaming.net
But I don't know how to match the plane_id with the plane name.
 

 

Mostly, I've made many purchases without trouble, but this was the first time spending in a while.

View PostGhostPrime, on 26 July 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

 

Your ticket is being handled, and will be replied to shortly, and you will get what you paid for. Support is collecting information on this. If you are affected, please submit a ticket to support, and I assure you they will take care of you. 

I'm sure they don't want this problem, BTW tell support the system dispensed  2700 gold instead of the plane and 1000, it seems right for value conversion, maybe that will help. (The system might be confused over the similarity with the grind t5 spit) PS, I do have a ridiculous number of hangar slots, maybe I'm maxed out?


Edited by Derpinoid, 27 July 2017 - 07:42 PM.

Experience only counts when you're doing it right in the first place.

"When everything goes right, you don't learn anything" NASA rocket tester.


Derpinoid #11 Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:04 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 15847 battles
  • 344
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
  • Member since:
    03-21-2015
I still haven't heard a peep, GP can you ask your contacts to respond in any way? Silence is not exactly a confidence builder.

Experience only counts when you're doing it right in the first place.

"When everything goes right, you don't learn anything" NASA rocket tester.


Derpinoid #12 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:21 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 15847 battles
  • 344
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
  • Member since:
    03-21-2015

So, note to WG, the contest did in fact dispense a plane, so out of pity, and the giggles the new rocket arrangement has provided, (some corrosion to the soul may occur) I'm gonna let this slide, but I might be more cautious in the future.


Experience only counts when you're doing it right in the first place.

"When everything goes right, you don't learn anything" NASA rocket tester.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users