• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

GeorgePatton #1 Posted 23 July 2017 - 01:51 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7718 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Hey Wargaming!

As I'm sure many of you have seen, the R4M rockets are broken. We have so many videos (I've personally uploaded at least 3) showing rocket hits that should not have hit destroying aircraft, as well as the opposite - rockets that do hit doing nothing. 

Yes, I've had some fun with these broken rockets, and I've learned to avoid them for the most part, but that doesn't mean they aren't broken. I appreciate that Wargaming tried to improve a system that just wasn't working, but you accidentally made them too easy.

My suggestion is to remove the "increased chance" of hitting and instead do three things:

1. tighten the spread on the R4M rockets
  2. make them all explode when one or more of them score a hit
  3. increase the blast radius by 1-2 meters.

This would maintain the effectiveness we currently see on a direct head-to-head engagement (no maneuvering) while allowing maneuvers such as a barrel roll to be an effective way of avoiding a rocket attack. It would also bring back the layer of skill required to score a hit against a turning target while still leaving the R4M system more useable.

Cheers!

Glenn 

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

TeamTerrible #2 Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:55 PM

First Lieutenant

• 46394 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

The reason why the "system" wasn't working was due to laziness of the player base

Instead of learning how to aim with rockets they would simply give up while whining that its too hard for them

All WG did was enhance the laziness within players who are resistant to learning while offending anyone who takes the time attempting to be useful with their lives

Now we see these players chasing after Ga just for a worthless Zvonarev medal and thus team play has taken yet another fatal blow

Same ole story but thankfully there is already talk on the forums that WG listens to so we will see some form of nerf to noob rockets in the future 

My hopeful guess is WG will apply these rockets to the long awaited premium p-82b for one last money grab attempt and then the nerf bat will proceed to swing

Chances are George's proposal will be too confusing so don't expect any logical nerf :teethhappy:

SkywhaleExpress #3 Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:43 AM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 17397 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I did zvonarev when zvonarev was cool. In an IL-2t!!  

IL driverz 4 life!

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

SkywhaleExpress #4 Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:51 AM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 17397 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Oh, and... this game still exists?

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

Psicko23 #5 Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:46 AM

First Lieutenant

• 19786 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
That's a good proposal George. Its amazing how many videos I see of people getting zvonarevs when they didn't get very many rocketeers before the r4m nerf. If I had a working computer, I'd grind up the new German multi line and give them a go(without sacrificing team play).

PhoinexFire #6 Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9130 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
R4Ms are op... just the way I like them ;). If they put them on the 109 TL I'd buy that plane in a heartbeat,

pyantoryng #7 Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:57 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12468 battles

Well, very few planes can use affected rockets (BVs, 262, HG2, Starfire)...and bots are so crappy at using them unlike those Yak-9U's gigaderp.

View PostPhoinexFire, on 24 July 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

R4Ms are op... just the way I like them ;). If they put them on the 109 TL I'd buy that plane in a heartbeat,

Small rocket premium planes (Fw 190 variant that takes R4M maybe?) *might* sell like hot cakes...not that there are many folks willing to fork over money anymore....:trollface:

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

GeorgePatton #8 Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:46 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7718 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postpyantoryng, on 24 July 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

Well, very few planes can use affected rockets (BVs, 262, HG2, Starfire)...and bots are so crappy at using them unlike those Yak-9U's gigaderp.

Small rocket premium planes (Fw 190 variant that takes R4M maybe?) *might* sell like hot cakes...not that there are many folks willing to fork over money anymore....:trollface:

View PostPhoinexFire, on 24 July 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

I really hope they don't sell any premiums with the R4Ms until they fix them... A sale of premium aircraft with the current R4Ms, followed by a fix would probably be the death of this game. People would be so upset with losing something they clearly bought simply because it was so OP.

Cheers!
Glenn

pyantoryng #9 Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:36 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12468 battles

Then again, who listens to the NA playerbase?

Gotta hope that folks over in RU, and by extension STs, feel the same...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

CrayoIaCrayon #10 Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 15857 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
f94 doesn't use r4m's tho?

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

MARS_REVENANT #11 Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:24 AM

Colonel

• 34638 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostJetway, on 24 July 2017 - 11:44 PM, said:

it still got a rocket buff the same time they buffed the r4ms

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TeamTerrible #12 Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:24 AM

First Lieutenant

• 46394 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostJetway, on 24 July 2017 - 11:44 PM, said:

The F-94 rockets were also given the "increased hit chance"

TeamTerrible #13 Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:28 AM

First Lieutenant

• 46394 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostGeorgePatton, on 24 July 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

I really hope they don't sell any premiums with the R4Ms until they fix them... A sale of premium aircraft with the current R4Ms, followed by a fix would probably be the death of this game. People would be so upset with losing something they clearly bought simply because it was so OP.

Cheers!
Glenn

Wouldn't be the 1st time.....

WG is pretty famous for releasing a must have OP plane which eventually gets nerfed after they have made their money on it

GeorgePatton #14 Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:35 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7718 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostTeamTerrible, on 25 July 2017 - 12:28 AM, said:

Wouldn't be the 1st time.....

WG is pretty famous for releasing a must have OP plane which eventually gets nerfed after they have made their money on it

Yep - gotta wait until they nerf it to decide if you want it! haha

Cheers!
Glenn

comealong1 #15 Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:31 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 55594 battles
  • [_EFF_] _EFF_
Range of rockets!...Specs tell range of all but rockets...Most important spec & it's not there...Why?

pyantoryng #16 Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:45 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12468 battles

View PostTeamTerrible, on 23 July 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

The reason why the "system" wasn't working was due to laziness of the player base

Instead of learning how to aim with rockets they would simply give up while whining that its too hard for them

All WG did was enhance the laziness within players who are resistant to learning while offending anyone who takes the time attempting to be useful with their lives

Now we see these players chasing after Ga just for a worthless Zvonarev medal and thus team play has taken yet another fatal blow

Same ole story but thankfully there is already talk on the forums that WG listens to so we will see some form of nerf to noob rockets in the future 

My hopeful guess is WG will apply these rockets to the long awaited premium p-82b for one last money grab attempt and then the nerf bat will proceed to swing

Chances are George's proposal will be too confusing so don't expect any logical nerf :teethhappy:

Hasn't bomb kills been nerfed a long time ago? Now WG wouldn't let most plane have those 500kg and beyond bombs. Bots are notoriously aware of tailgating and bomb threats (Is it players being players that made bomb kills on the easy side?) I vaguely remember too that tailgate bombers used to get caught in their own bombs when they slowed down too much and killed in the process, by the same blast...nerfing the blast range and changing how the blast works mean that bombers were no longer killed by their own blast, or much less likely to.

Oh, and nerfing how ordnance work is sort of a global nerf so premium status wouldn't matter when that hammer strikes...smart...

Edited by pyantoryng, 25 July 2017 - 10:46 AM.

TeamTerrible #17 Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:14 PM

First Lieutenant

• 46394 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postpyantoryng, on 25 July 2017 - 05:45 AM, said:

Hasn't bomb kills been nerfed a long time ago? Now WG wouldn't let most plane have those 500kg and beyond bombs. Bots are notoriously aware of tailgating and bomb threats (Is it players being players that made bomb kills on the easy side?) I vaguely remember too that tailgate bombers used to get caught in their own bombs when they slowed down too much and killed in the process, by the same blast...nerfing the blast range and changing how the blast works mean that bombers were no longer killed by their own blast, or much less likely to.

Oh, and nerfing how ordnance work is sort of a global nerf so premium status wouldn't matter when that hammer strikes...smart...

I actually find bombing bots a lot easier

The standard "quit riding my (edited)" still has plenty of people who are resistant to learning from it but bots are programmed to veer off just as they can somehow see a rocket coming from their blindside.

As for taking your own bomb blast, you can drop a bomb on top of an aircraft and get some damage or when bombs magically sail above your plane and they land on top of it (has happened twice btw)

Bombs and rockets have been flawed since the get go like somebody has no clue of what they are programming 

Black_Hawk_BR #18 Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:25 PM

Senior Airman

• 31709 battles
  • [FNB] FNB
Please fix our R4M rockets.  They are very bad now.  There is no logic firing them.  Sometimes kill the enemy, sometimes passes through the enemy.  But now it is worst than never before, most times if fails.  Almost usuless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users