Jump to content


2nd look


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Blutbad #1 Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:08 AM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 5 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013
Hello everybody,  I've played this game back in beta and a bit afterwards but as I was in a competitive clan in WOT had very little time to spare, moved on since played (and playing Wows) and recently gave warplanes a second look, I want to like this game as flying is really a favorite of mine, playing tiers 1-4 now as I suck frankly, I'm a bit skeptical about the low volume of online players and realize that a lot of planes are bots but how can you distinguish them from real players (beside clan names ) I only recognize bots by their similar flying characteristics are there other signs?  Also at what level are most players found?

GouIdy #2 Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:18 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 6 battles
  • 2,628
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013

There is a couple different ways of distinguishing players from bots.

#1 hold control then right click names while in a game & if the report menu pops up it's a human, no menu it's a bot.

#2 there is a mod called hryunomod which is kind of like XVM in tanks & it has a numbered rating for players & a letter for bots

 

Right now I think the majority of players are in tiers 3-6 & while in the queue screen it tells you where most players are currently playing.


Edited by GouIdy, 23 July 2017 - 02:35 AM.


Blutbad #3 Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:44 AM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 5 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013
Tsk for the info :honoring:

pyantoryng #4 Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:34 AM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1803 battles
  • 8,307
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
If a player's name looks out of place, is out of order with upper and lower case, or have underscrolls, they are players and not bots.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Psicko23 #5 Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:59 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 22 battles
  • 2,722
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014
Also, the bots will have singular names from the nations of planes they are flying. If it is a german name like Gottleb in a german plane, it is a bot. same thing with a USSR name and USSR plane, and goes for all the planes. Now there are/were a few people with Japanese names, but were human. I don't know if they still play. Most of those people were in a clan, so they had clan tags.

Dru83 #6 Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:12 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2994 battles
  • 274
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Member since:
    03-27-2016

The guys are right on.

 

The surefire way to know is right clicking on the player's name to see if the menu comes up and if it isn't, they're a bot. The matchmaker always puts in bots. Even if you have a full room, there'll still be about 4-5 bots per side.

Anybody whose name doesn't start with a capital letter or whose name has numbers, characters, or odd capitalization in it is a human. For example, my name has a capital letter, but it also has numbers, so I'm not a bot.

Also, in battle it is a good idea to use the alt key to be able to check the names of players in flight. Or you can set the labeling system up to always show you the player's names. Sometimes it's a good strategy to take out the humans first as they are usually the most dangerous. Sometimes it's good to be a nice guy and let the human players rack up some kills or ground targets first. I'll often be more than happy to give a human GA a couple seconds of peace to finish getting targets for his thunder before I finish him off.

The level players are found at depends on the time of day and whether or not it's a weekend. Usually in the middle of the night and during the day on weekdays are dead times and people are more likely to play low tiers. Generally between 17:00 and 23:00 Eastern US time is when there are more players and there are a lot more people playing mid and high tiers. On weekends, you're more likely to find people flying higher tiers in the middle of the day (on US time).



GhostPrime #7 Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:01 PM

    Community Specialist

  • Member
  • 64 battles
  • 2,278
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

View PostDru83, on 24 July 2017 - 06:12 AM, said:

The guys are right on.

 

The surefire way to know is right clicking on the player's name to see if the menu comes up and if it isn't, they're a bot. The matchmaker always puts in bots. Even if you have a full room, there'll still be about 4-5 bots per side.

Anybody whose name doesn't start with a capital letter or whose name has numbers, characters, or odd capitalization in it is a human. For example, my name has a capital letter, but it also has numbers, so I'm not a bot.

Also, in battle it is a good idea to use the alt key to be able to check the names of players in flight. Or you can set the labeling system up to always show you the player's names. Sometimes it's a good strategy to take out the humans first as they are usually the most dangerous. Sometimes it's good to be a nice guy and let the human players rack up some kills or ground targets first. I'll often be more than happy to give a human GA a couple seconds of peace to finish getting targets for his thunder before I finish him off.

The level players are found at depends on the time of day and whether or not it's a weekend. Usually in the middle of the night and during the day on weekdays are dead times and people are more likely to play low tiers. Generally between 17:00 and 23:00 Eastern US time is when there are more players and there are a lot more people playing mid and high tiers. On weekends, you're more likely to find people flying higher tiers in the middle of the day (on US time).

 

View PostPsicko23, on 23 July 2017 - 12:59 AM, said:

Also, the bots will have singular names from the nations of planes they are flying. If it is a german name like Gottleb in a german plane, it is a bot. same thing with a USSR name and USSR plane, and goes for all the planes. Now there are/were a few people with Japanese names, but were human. I don't know if they still play. Most of those people were in a clan, so they had clan tags.

 

Hello, and welcome back to WoWp! 

 

As far as the bot names, these guys are correct. 



Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!


lurpmaster #8 Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:51 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 38 battles
  • 61
  • Member since:
    07-11-2015
:rolleyes: Played a game this am. the other team had to be all bots everyone of them flew int either the ground or hills as I chased them around first time that ever happened in game for me lol.  Started out first match had 9 kills second match 10 kills and then no kills because the enemy all crashed int solid objects lol wish I had it recorded.

Edited by lurpmaster, 24 July 2017 - 03:52 PM.


GhostPrime #9 Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:26 PM

    Community Specialist

  • Member
  • 64 battles
  • 2,278
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

View Postlurpmaster, on 24 July 2017 - 07:51 AM, said:

:rolleyes: Played a game this am. the other team had to be all bots everyone of them flew int either the ground or hills as I chased them around first time that ever happened in game for me lol.  Started out first match had 9 kills second match 10 kills and then no kills because the enemy all crashed int solid objects lol wish I had it recorded.

 

You can turn on replays in the settings menu under Settings - Game. Videos, and replays help because we could send it into the devs. 

 



Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!


Psicko23 #10 Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:56 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 22 battles
  • 2,722
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

View Postlurpmaster, on 24 July 2017 - 07:51 AM, said:

:rolleyes: Played a game this am. the other team had to be all bots everyone of them flew int either the ground or hills as I chased them around first time that ever happened in game for me lol.  Started out first match had 9 kills second match 10 kills and then no kills because the enemy all crashed int solid objects lol wish I had it recorded.

I did highly doubt that the other team was all bots. The human on that other team could have been in a ground attack plane and crashed when going after targets, or just that bad and crashed. I've been in many games where I wished the other human on my team was a bot instead of that player.



GhostPrime #11 Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:24 PM

    Community Specialist

  • Member
  • 64 battles
  • 2,278
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

View PostPsicko23, on 24 July 2017 - 08:56 AM, said:

I did highly doubt that the other team was all bots. The human on that other team could have been in a ground attack plane and crashed when going after targets, or just that bad and crashed. I've been in many games where I wished the other human on my team was a bot instead of that player.

 

If there is one human on a team the other will have at least one as well. 

 



Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users