• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

mnbv_fockewulfe #1 Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4506 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Hello pilots,

Mod Updated to Version 0.1.1.

This mod features two cockpits chosen to go with the game's current Dunkirk event: the Spitfire I and the Bf 109E Tier V aircraft.

What's been updated:

- Hotfix, v0.1.1 has a working version of the mod. Previously the files I had uploaded to dropbox were somehow incompatible with the game. The correct files have been uploaded and are now ready for download.

- The hotfix also adds one more folder to decrease the fogginess of the glass by a bit.

- Added sniper view

List of available aircraft:

- Bf 109E, Spitfire I

List of Features:

- These two aircraft now have their own cameras which don't interfere with the other planes in the game.

- Camera pivots in place instead of going out of the cockpit when you look around with the hat switch.

- Pilot models removed, so no creepy hands inside the cockpit.

- Four levels of zoom inside the cockpit, including a sniper view.

- Camera doesn't lag behind when rolling the aircraft.

- Changing the field of view in settings under the battle tab no longer removes the instrument panel.

- Flying close to the ground no longer causes the camera to shift down.

For joystick users only! I'll do my best to make this work for mouse controls but the game is being very difficult in this regard.

The pros of the mod:

A better sense of control and a significant edge in close in dogfighting. And its just really cool to be able to fly from the seat of the plane.

Cons:

Poor visibility. All deflection shots are basically aiming at the lead indicator without being able to see the target. A small field of view makes situational awareness harder (fixed). The appearance of the glass is very foggy and milky on low graphics. Looking around with the hat switch pivots around a point in the front of the plane. In other words, the camera doesn't pan around from the point of the pilot's head.(fixed).

Warning, compatibility issues with other mods: This mod may be incompatible with skin mods because it uses and overwrites the aircrafts xml which is also used for textures. Feedback suggest that it is a possibility that the mod is incompatible with HryunoMod.

Features that I will be adding:

A cockpit view for every plane, two planes at a time. Hopefully one update a week.

Fixing the pivot point for looking around. Added

Fixing the foggy glass problem ( I believe this is a texture issue if there are any skinners out there that would like to help out with this) not completely resolved

Removing the pilot model in the cockpit for better camera positioning. Added

Instructions for installation:

Download the file "mnbv_fockwulfe's cockpit camera mod v0.1.zip" from dropbox.

Go to your WoWP folder and copy the scripts folder and vehicles folder to \res_mods\1.9.11

Copy the Clear_Cache_wowp.bat (author Zapperguy) file to the desktop and double click if the mod doesn't work the first time.

Modders please add to your mod installers! Thanks! :B

https://www.dropbox.com/s/btiv4zj9xxlztw1/mnbv_fockewulfe%27s%20Cockpit%20View%20Mod%20v0.1.1.zip?dl=0

Edited by mnbv_fockewulfe, 29 July 2017 - 09:36 PM.

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

mnbv_fockewulfe #2 Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4506 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

uNA6JEU.jpg

o3jdUaU.jpg

This is what it should look like (minus pilot models).

Edited by mnbv_fockewulfe, 26 July 2017 - 05:46 PM.

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

RedSpartacus #3 Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 17493 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
I've tried the latest version but I couldn't see the cockpit view ? Within the zip file there is a file with a .db extension, file size is 0 kb, that got deleted after starting the game, was this my problem ?

RUN WITH THE PACK

mnbv_fockewulfe #4 Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4506 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Yes, there has to be the file: cacheddb.bin in the db folder or the mod won't work. If it still deletes it, you can create your own by going to the res\scripts\db folder and copying the cacheddb.bin file in there and pasting it in the res_mods\1.9.11\scripts\db folder. After you do that, use a text editor like notepad and delete everything inside of the cache. Then use Zapper's WOWP cache clearer and it should work.

edit: hold on, I think I misunderstood your question. I'm going to make a zipped version of the files myself so I know what's in them and that should make the installation easier.

edit2: I uploaded the .zip to dropbox.

Edited by mnbv_fockewulfe, 28 July 2017 - 02:31 PM.

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

mnbv_fockewulfe #5 Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4506 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

mnbv_fockewulfe #6 Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4506 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Here's the thing, its actually really easy for me to make cockpit views now that I know how to do it. I now have views made for the Spitfire I, Bf 109E, Lagg3 34, Bf 110E, P-40, and P-38J. I have 30 odd planes in my hangar, which is the extent at which I can make views before I have to borrow someone's account with more planes. I'm hesitant to release more updates because of the lack of interest. I have only one person that I know of that tried out the mod and gave me feedback. His feedback was negative, showing that of incompatibility. I simply need more people to test this. The other thing that worries me is the 2.0 update. 2.0 is very likely to change a lot of the code in the game and it is a possibility that I may have to relearn how make camera views again. Do I waste time by making views now, when that could be rendered useless in the next month or so?

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

RedSpartacus #7 Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17493 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

You haven't wasted your time because you made the mod primarily for yourself. Beside that you've achieved an insight of how things are made.

Sharing your mod with us is very kind.

With yesterday's version of your zip file I was able to fly my BF109E to see the cockpit mode in the training room. I fumbled a bit with the settings and got the reticle fixed in my sight so that gave me some reality. Though I had a hard time to hit anything, but after 17000 battles behind my plane I didn't expect miracles.

Instead of adding more light fighters I would add one ground attacker to your collection in order to get the variety and then take a break. As you said, version 2.0 could change everything.

If anyone else will give it a try installation is super easy and fast. Removing it is no brainer either. It didn't work with my already installed mods. There was no harm done with my existing installation, it just didn't work. With my computer I'm able to boot different partitions and made a second clean install. You don't need to go in real battles, the training room is fine for feedback and getting a new impression.

Well done, mnbv_fockewulfe.

RUN WITH THE PACK

mnbv_fockewulfe #8 Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4506 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostRedSpartacus, on 31 July 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

You haven't wasted your time because you made the mod primarily for yourself. Beside that you've achieved an insight of how things are made.

Sharing your mod with us is very kind.

With yesterday's version of your zip file I was able to fly my BF109E to see the cockpit mode in the training room. I fumbled a bit with the settings and got the reticle fixed in my sight so that gave me some reality. Though I had a hard time to hit anything, but after 17000 battles behind my plane I didn't expect miracles.

Instead of adding more light fighters I would add one ground attacker to your collection in order to get the variety and then take a break. As you said, version 2.0 could change everything.

If anyone else will give it a try installation is super easy and fast. Removing it is no brainer either. It didn't work with my already installed mods. There was no harm done with my existing installation, it just didn't work. With my computer I'm able to boot different partitions and made a second clean install. You don't need to go in real battles, the training room is fine for feedback and getting a new impression.

Well done, mnbv_fockewulfe.

Thanks for the encouraging words! And I'm also very glad to hear that its working for you know.

My plan was to make a view for all of my tier V aircraft and release it as v0.2 and then take a break. Unfortunately I don't have any Tier V GA (the class never appealed very much to me) and I'm a bit short on silver. So when I do make a view for a GA, it will have to be after a decent amount of grinding or just have to be satisfied with the Tier 2 Russian GA.

Any other planes I make views for after v0.2 I'll keep to myself. My guess is WOWP 2.0 public test will happen sometime near the end or middle of august.

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Also tagged with mod, cockpit, view, camera, mnbv, mnbv_fockewulfe

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users