GhostPrime Please Extend Operation Dynamo

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

MARS_REVENANT #1 Posted 21 July 2017 - 05:18 PM

Major

• 33749 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

With all the server 'downtime' and 'maintenance' (fake news words for server crashes) happening during the day and even during peak-time hours, how does WG expect people to be able to finish the missions by the originally specified dates?

Operation Dynamo: Part 1 July 14th - July 24th.

Here is a chart illustrating all the sever crashes since the patch was released and Operation Dynamo: Part 1 was released.  See for yourself: Source link here: https://stats.wotapi...s/wowp/na/total

Spoiler

GhostPrime,  get WG to make this right, or at lease make the best out of a bad situation.  Allow players to at least have a chance at finishing these missions dedicated to such an important historical event.  This is the minimum WG can do.  Based on other game, even in the WG titles, compensation on premium time should be distributed to players.  Given the issues are still ongoing I would suggest that Operation Dynamo be extended at least 7 days, and at a minimum 2 or 3 days of premium time be given to players.

I am not asking for too much here.  It is the right thing to do.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 21 July 2017 - 05:20 PM.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

GeorgePatton #2 Posted 21 July 2017 - 05:22 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7716 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

While I agree that there should be some form of compensation for the servers going down, I'm not sure that extending the Operation Dynamo events is exactly necessary. Part 1 only requires 50 kills for allies and 50 for axis if you want to do both parts. At 1 kill per battle, that's 50 battles which is easily do-able in one day. Judging by the server numbers and the players I see out there, they can pretty much all average 2 kills per battle, which makes both missions do-able in one day. There's still 3 days over the weekend left on the regular time and the missions have been up for quite a while now.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

MARS_REVENANT #3 Posted 21 July 2017 - 05:26 PM

Major

• 33749 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostGeorgePatton, on 21 July 2017 - 12:22 PM, said:

While I agree that there should be some form of compensation for the servers going down, I'm not sure that extending the Operation Dynamo events is exactly necessary. Part 1 only requires 50 kills for allies and 50 for axis if you want to do both parts. At 1 kill per battle, that's 50 battles which is easily do-able in one day. Judging by the server numbers and the players I see out there, they can pretty much all average 2 kills per battle, which makes both missions do-able in one day. There's still 3 days over the weekend left on the regular time and the missions have been up for quite a while now.

Cheers!
Glenn

That's not the point.  They originally gave 10 days to complete Part 1.  During the first 7 days up to this point there have been several interruptions each day, thereby reducing the amount of time they originally gave to complete the mission.

It shouldn't be up to the payers to cram all the plane kills into the few short hours they are able to connect.  They should have the full 10 days to complete it.  Think of this as a construction contract, if you are supposed to have a building complete by a certain date, but the client makes a bunch of changes that delay starting your work, it is not up to you to complete the same amount of work in the shorter amount of time, at least, not for the same fee.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 21 July 2017 - 05:27 PM.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

GeorgePatton #4 Posted 21 July 2017 - 05:29 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7716 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Yeah, that's true! Good points!

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

pyantoryng #5 Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:02 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12349 battles
Might as well run all three parts all at once...because server is bound to get bombed numerous times...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

hawkeyededic #6 Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:34 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 3444 battles

Also this time of year, there maybe issues with people going on vacation for a portion of that 10 day period. With the servers being down so much, that severely limits the amount of time they may have left to complete it.

If the server issues continue into part 2 it maybe nearly impossible for some people to get the required number of battles due to real life obligations. If the limited play time those folks have available is affected by server issues then completing part 2 maybe next o impossible.

I pretty much wrote off an possibility of completing part 2 for both sides before the event or server issues started since it coincides with my wife and I closing on our new house and moving into it. If these server issues continue as they have been I will probably not get either one done. 

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

_Warchylde_ #7 Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:20 AM

First Lieutenant

• 10944 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I have already given up trying to even play, let alone worry about event missions.

I may try to log in sometime today, but all in all, I've pretty much written off  WoWP.

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

x_WARHOG_x #8 Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:04 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 29911 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

If you cant complete this missions in the time allowed even with the crashes your doing it wrong.

I mean I got the first missions done in 2 hours after they dropped..................:trollface:

Sneaking up on your six.....................

pyantoryng #9 Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:51 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12349 battles

View Postx_WARHOG_x, on 22 July 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

If you cant complete this missions in the time allowed even with the crashes your doing it wrong.

I mean I got the first missions done in 2 hours after they dropped..................:trollface:

Got any Rudoffer? :trollface:

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users