A counterpoint to the Packet Loss trend?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Joe_Manco #1 Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:36 AM

Master Sergeant

• 3903 battles

I'm totally going to regret this, but I might suggest that not everyone is having technical issues with the game lately.  I've been paying close attention over the last month or so since the "troubles" began, looking out for signs of extreme game-ending packet loss and lag and whatnot in my own games.  In several hundred battles fought across all hours of the day and all days of the week, exactly one single time did I experience packet loss that kicked me out of the game.  Maybe two/three other times I noticed it flash up into the 30-40% range for a second but it calmed down immediately.  That's just a single time with game-ending PL, and I'm running vanilla WG Gamecenter on a crappy HP desktop with overpriced Mediacom internet here in Indiana, using vanilla WoWP with no mods or anything.  Surely my experience with the game lately is not unique?

What I'm trying to say is that perhaps, just perhaps, the majority of players are not experiencing these issues in-game?  Yes, a couple times I was not able to log on the game at all (as with everyone else) but on those rare times I just fired up Fallout 4 and went about my day.  My actual in-game experience since the Bad Times began has been quite normal and pleasant.  I have absolutely no idea why myself and many, many others have not had similar problems with PL and such as has been documented by others here on the forums, I'm not doing anything differently than most, right?

And yes yes yes I'm an unabashed low-tier seal clubber but that in no way diminishes my experience with the game mechanics at all (I hope).  

pyantoryng #2 Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:47 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1726 battles
It's less about packet loss than the constant server downage at this point...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

SkyWolf__WM #3 Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:41 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4901 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
What pyantoryng said.  :kamikaze:
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users