• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

NightFuryYoshi64 #1 Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:53 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9 battles
  • [-ERG-] -ERG-

Hello there!

I am recently moving back into Warplanes for the Dunkirk event, however, upon downloading the game from the page, the .exe file gives me a forced download of the Wargaming Center.  I prefer to NOT have this option, does anyone have an old .exe  that still works to download the game client? or have they moved Warplanes completely to WGC?

My issue is that when WGC is open, my internet will slowly die down after a few minutes and stop completely.

There are no DNS errors, nor connection errors on my browsers, everything just hangs.

- I've restarted and checked the router, and have found that the router is actually working well with other devices when my laptop fails to download completely.

- The issue is only resolved by restarting the computer, which after a few minutes of running WGC after logon, it fails again.

- I have two routers, both of which I connect to, and they both fail to respond after the slowdown.

- Running the computer without ever starting the WGC client seems to be just fine. It hung again when opening and closing the center. Therefore I have uninstalled it completely and my internet connection continues to run fine.

- I have had a similar issue like this when first downloading Beta World of Warships.

If anyone has an old executable that you think still works to install the game alone without WGC, please post it!

Thank you!

DrSinister #2 Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:57 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 4871 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

You will now need the WGC to do any updates.

You can do 2 things, launch WoWp via the WGC and then just kill WGC from the System Tray, WoWp will still play without it running, or you can only launch WGC for just the patches and then kill and then make a shortcut to the wowp exe and launch the game from that till the next update is needed.

NightFuryYoshi64 #3 Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:04 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9 battles
  • [-ERG-] -ERG-

Thanks Sinister.

Unfortunately, I don't have the game installed at all, so it appears I will have to suffer through restarts and disconnects until the game is completely downloaded before I can access it via the wowp.exe

DrSinister #4 Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:32 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 4871 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Ouch, good luck!

Bubba_Zanetti #5 Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 29232 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Check the settings and turn off uploads, and bump up the bandwidth for the downloads.  This may or may not help, but I was having a similar issue installing wowp on an older PC of mine via wireless recently.

Toggle #6 Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 24188 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
You can stop the Game Center from automatic downloading.  You can also stop it from automatically starting when you start your computer.  I made a shortcut to the WorldOfWarplanes.exe file and launch the game from there. 

Edited by Toggle, 21 July 2017 - 01:10 PM.

GhostPrime #7 Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:21 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1654 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostNightFuryYoshi64, on 20 July 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

Thanks Sinister.

Unfortunately, I don't have the game installed at all, so it appears I will have to suffer through restarts and disconnects until the game is completely downloaded before I can access it via the wowp.exe

Hello! 

As Tiggle states, you are able to change the settings in the WGC so it does not startup when you start your PC, and manage the download speeds. What internet connection type do you have? 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

mnbv_fockewulfe #8 Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4563 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostNightFuryYoshi64, on 21 July 2017 - 01:53 AM, said:

Hello there!

I am recently moving back into Warplanes for the Dunkirk event, however, upon downloading the game from the page, the .exe file gives me a forced download of the Wargaming Center.  I prefer to NOT have this option, does anyone have an old .exe  that still works to download the game client? or have they moved Warplanes completely to WGC?

My issue is that when WGC is open, my internet will slowly die down after a few minutes and stop completely.

There are no DNS errors, nor connection errors on my browsers, everything just hangs.

- I've restarted and checked the router, and have found that the router is actually working well with other devices when my laptop fails to download completely.

- The issue is only resolved by restarting the computer, which after a few minutes of running WGC after logon, it fails again.

- I have two routers, both of which I connect to, and they both fail to respond after the slowdown.

- Running the computer without ever starting the WGC client seems to be just fine. It hung again when opening and closing the center. Therefore I have uninstalled it completely and my internet connection continues to run fine.

- I have had a similar issue like this when first downloading Beta World of Warships.

If anyone has an old executable that you think still works to install the game alone without WGC, please post it!

Thank you!

This is the same exact problem I have.

Every time I try to download an update when it get's to about 30% WGC will crash and the only way to fix it is to restart the computer.

I've sent in a ticket regarding this and got ^&*$& help. The only fix I have been able to find is to close the WGC popup window and let it run the download in the background. Hope this helps.

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

NightFuryYoshi64 #9 Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:32 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9 battles
  • [-ERG-] -ERG-

Well, unfortunately,

>I've tried playing with the settings, enabling and disabling auto updates, and reinstalling the Game Center and the game files as well as deleting the old registry files with CCLeaner, and the problem still comes back every time I run the Game Center after a few minutes.

>Tried to minimize the program immediately to tray and leave it closed as MnBV suggests, still does the same thing.

At this point, I just seem to call it quits, perhaps another update will come to fix the problem.  The same issue I had with Warships, and well.. I have to miss the Closed Beta event and wait until future updates to download it.

I have uninstalled the Game Center and the Warplane files as well as their registry files, but kept the .log files of the Game Center in case anyone asks for them.

I basically wanted to play the game to be able to get a Spitfire, buuuut hopefully there will be other events in the future.

Here is a screenshot of the symptoms I was experiencing, this was happening in all cases of the download's failure:

http://imgur.com/a/6gVp9

(haz no idea how to handle images in these forums. :P)

Bubba_Zanetti #10 Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 29232 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Wouldn't surprise me if AVG is involved somehow...

NightFuryYoshi64 #11 Posted 22 July 2017 - 01:02 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9 battles
  • [-ERG-] -ERG-

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 21 July 2017 - 10:19 PM, said:

Wouldn't surprise me if AVG is involved somehow...

Same here, planning on uninstalling it.

Any good free Anti Virus recommendations?

AVG was great, but the last two years it turned into an attention hog for premium and well...  doesn't seem to detect as much malware and viruses as it used to.

Edited by NightFuryYoshi64, 22 July 2017 - 01:03 AM.

Johnny_Cyclone #12 Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:04 PM

Senior Airman

• 2117 battles

Already uninstalled.

I was tired of the "install WGC" pop up and having to postpone it every 12 hours.

Figured they might drop the WGC and/or allow the old way to still be valid, but that didn't seem to be the case.

So uninstall was my only choice.

Haven't played since April. Just gave up on the title for now. Figured I'd check back with the forums from time to time.

Seems it's still the same ol' same ol' WGC issues. I'll check back next month if i don't forget altogether.

Also tagged with Internet, disconnection, WGC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users