Let me know when you fix your servers...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

GeorgePatton #1 Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:47 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7716 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Hey Wargaming!

I really enjoy playing World of Warplanes but lately it's been unplayable due to ongoing server issues which have finally been considered on Wargaming's end. Please start thinking about ways to bring players back to this game once you've actually resolved the server issues - compensation for players who missed time would be expected at this time, rather than simply a courtesy. I could name at least 5 games that offer in-game compensation for lesser hiccups in their systems and there's no reason one of the largest gaming companies in the world should screw their playerbase by not offering a handsome compensation package for their loyal customers/playerbase.

I went and tried 'that other game' again due to the server issues here making Warplanes unplayable for me and was reminded why I like this game (Warplanes) so much more! I do need my combat aviation fix and want to keep coming back to World of Warplanes please don't make me (and a lot of other people) regret that.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

BrushWolf #2 Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:26 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10764 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
It seems that I picked a "good" time to not be able to play.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

AIjesus #3 Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:32 AM

Senior Airman

• 7072 battles
  • [_EFF_] _EFF_

View PostBrushWolf, on 18 July 2017 - 08:26 PM, said:

It seems that I picked a "good" time to not be able to play.

Perhaps a "good" time to check out their competition.
I am seeking help writing the lyrics for a song about the quality of programming behind WoWP. The copyright will go to Creative Commons, so there will be no royalties, only name recognition. The song will be professionally recorded at my expense, and I will write and perform all of the music. All ideas are welcome except those that do not mock the programming team. Thanks.

Zapperguy #4 Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:05 AM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34048 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostGeorgePatton, on 18 July 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

Hey Wargaming!

I really enjoy playing World of Warplanes but lately it's been unplayable due to ongoing server issues which have finally been considered on Wargaming's end. Please start thinking about ways to bring players back to this game once you've actually resolved the server issues - compensation for players who missed time would be expected at this time, rather than simply a courtesy. I could name at least 5 games that offer in-game compensation for lesser hiccups in their systems and there's no reason one of the largest gaming companies in the world should screw their playerbase by not offering a handsome compensation package for their loyal customers/playerbase.

I went and tried 'that other game' again due to the server issues here making Warplanes unplayable for me and was reminded why I like this game (Warplanes) so much more! I do need my combat aviation fix and want to keep coming back to World of Warplanes please don't make me (and a lot of other people) regret that.

Cheers!
Glenn

This, this, and more this.

That said, don't hold your breath for a response. I'm still waiting for a reply to the following:

View PostZapperguy, on 08 July 2017 - 03:26 AM, said:

GhostPrime,

Can you ask your higher-ups how they feel about the first (albeit paid) result in the following example?

Scenario: I heard that WoT has a plane game. I think I'll look it up. LMGTFY

:facepalm:

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

TeamTerrible #5 Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:51 AM

First Lieutenant

• 45728 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Good points George!!

Perhaps WG does need to hear this more, we do love this game 

Sure we have a strange way of showing it but hey we've been here for a long time and they've done some biscuit headed things to it and yet we are still here

When things aren't working right hell yeah we are gonna let them know because we just want to play our game

WG is probably wondering what the heck we are on!!

Addicted to Warplanes, there is truly no other game like it

Please fix it, and I promise Evil Erd will behave

Whistling_Death_ #6 Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:49 AM

Senior Airman

• 518 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostAIjesus, on 19 July 2017 - 01:32 AM, said:

Perhaps it would be helpful to support the game and not bash it.

20thCenturyLtd #7 Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18513 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostWhistling_Death_, on 19 July 2017 - 03:49 AM, said:

Perhaps it would be helpful to support the game and not bash it.

Perhaps it would be helpful to know what you are talking about before commenting noob.

Personnel Officer, Knights of Dracarys

Please PM me if interested in applying or for more information.

BrushWolf #8 Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:50 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10764 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostAIjesus, on 18 July 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

I am unable to play anything, I don't have access to my PC right now, only a tablet. The competition is only good if you want a sim, the arcade mode is pure garbage, I uninstalled it a long time ago because of that.

Edited by BrushWolf, 21 July 2017 - 01:13 PM.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Mackunaima #9 Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20718 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

The day I see russian pay people back due to their poor management, for sure Stalin will come out from his grave and screw WG neck..

Now seriously, I was trying to igure out why we are having this issue, and all things point to poor amazon servers configuration. They are giving very low sets and at least 2 balancing servers within very low bandwidth and others things. I point this because forward commands are bing lose in the middle of request, this is a commom issue for balancing servers with high number of requests. I thnk this is operating on the minimum conig for "large" server, 10% of floating only (if it was less or even zero it would be really unplayable).

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

Weapon_of_Proliferation #10 Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 7632 battles
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 19 July 2017 - 07:46 AM, said:

Perhaps it would be helpful to know what you are talking about before commenting noob.

Prepare thy anus for some whiny posts about how GAs need to be buffed, the guy thinks artillery is what holds WoT together.

Chuck_norris10 #11 Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:44 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 21958 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostMackunaima, on 19 July 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

The day I see russian pay people back due to their poor management, for sure Stalin will come out from his grave and screw WG neck..

Now seriously, I was trying to igure out why we are having this issue, and all things point to poor amazon servers configuration. They are giving very low sets and at least 2 balancing servers within very low bandwidth and others things. I point this because forward commands are bing lose in the middle of request, this is a commom issue for balancing servers with high number of requests. I thnk this is operating on the minimum conig for "large" server, 10% of floating only (if it was less or even zero it would be really unplayable).

Ping plotter and google shows exactly what server and what type it is.

Traceroute then will also show everything you could possibly want about said server.

Started failing after last patch and is now in meltdown mode.

Mackunaima #12 Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20718 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostChuck_norris10, on 19 July 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

Ping plotter and google shows exactly what server and what type it is.

Traceroute then will also show everything you could possibly want about said server.

Started failing after last patch and is now in meltdown mode.

yep, but you are just tracing the route, now imagine under the same IP there are 2 or more servers behind a hub (lets call this), and this hub are monitoring how healthy the server is. In any case of undesireable conition to handle the request this hub will switch to another server (machine), now when you are pulling the trigger os boosting, this is a non stopable request, so it couldn't be switched, but in this case hub is switching the request and the new server are not recognizing because there was no initial event and it is not queued in the hub.

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

Chuck_norris10 #13 Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:09 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 21958 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostMackunaima, on 19 July 2017 - 08:58 AM, said:

yep, but you are just tracing the route, now imagine under the same IP there are 2 or more servers behind a hub (lets call this), and this hub are monitoring how healthy the server is. In any case of undesireable conition to handle the request this hub will switch to another server (machine), now when you are pulling the trigger os boosting, this is a non stopable request, so it couldn't be switched, but in this case hub is switching the request and the new server are not recognizing because there was no initial event and it is not queued in the hub.

Yup,Cisco switches.request denied for security reasons(too many failed attempts) or that's what traceroute says.

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 19 July 2017 - 04:13 PM.

BuffaloTime #14 Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:01 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 19690 battles

100 % packet loss. Wish I had recorded. Plane actually flew backwards away from target before disconnected.

18:00 EST 7/20/2017

msu_mark #15 Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:15 PM

Senior Airman

• 11604 battles
  • [E-S-S] E-S-S
Instead of BASE_APP message I get "Scheduled Maintenance". Yep. That's what it is. :facepalm:

Zapperguy #16 Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34048 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

I "flew" underwater for a while, got to -43ft. Then, my plane miraculously pitched up, and despite continuous 100% packet loss, I had brief control.

Then, time stood still for about 5 seconds before the server went belly up and disconnected me.

Which scripted WG line does this fall under:

• Soon

or

• Working as intended.

:facepalm:

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users