Jump to content


Multiple ground targets on Winter War map take no damage

Ground attack Ground targets Ground target bug

  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Toggle #1 Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:29 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Alpha tester
  • 24203 battles
  • 2,269
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    02-14-2012

Attached is a battle flown in the BSh-1 on Winter War, the night map.  Multiple ground targets take zero damage.  The last minute of battle I make a pass on some ships, drop 1 bomb, no damage.  I make a second pass, drop one bomb, watch in the rear view, direct hit, No damage and rounds fired did not count.  Screen shot from end of battle report 30% accuracy, in a GA.  Uhhh, nope!

 

Yes, a ticket was submitted. 

Attached Thumbnails



Zigfreid #2 Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:18 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 37400 battles
  • 1,259
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    07-31-2013
The Dracs nerfed you for flying GA'S it is against the rules.:teethhappy:

MARS_REVENANT #3 Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:33 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 34279 battles
  • 7,321
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I noticed this on ElHalluf as well... got 7 kills then decided to try for a destroyer in my Bristol 426 while the rest of my team got practice taking out the remaining GA.

 

It was the AA targets specifically, everything else was being hit and damaged normally.

 

This happened a few years ago as well, I filed a support ticket, they told me they were updating the Ground Targets so the hit box on my screen wasn't the same as on the server.  This was just before they changed to the complex ground targets.

 

Tin Foil Hat Theory - With the major differences coming out for WOWP 2.0, they may have accidentally implemented some of the new code into the existing game without realizing, or they may be setting up for 2.0 release.  Take the new special hanger/airstrip for the Dunkirk missions for instance.  The scale and detail of the buildings and fire/smoke animation match WOWP 2.0 exactly, not they typical animation we see in game or for past special hangars.


Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 17 July 2017 - 01:35 PM.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

 


Toggle #4 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:13 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Alpha tester
  • 24203 battles
  • 2,269
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    02-14-2012

View PostZigfreid, on 17 July 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

The Dracs nerfed you for flying GA'S it is against the rules.:teethhappy:

I got a pretty good chuckle out of that, Erd.  It's rare I fly GA with a fellow Drac. 

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 17 July 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

I noticed this on ElHalluf as well... got 7 kills then decided to try for a destroyer in my Bristol 426 while the rest of my team got practice taking out the remaining GA.

 

It was the AA targets specifically, everything else was being hit and damaged normally.

 

This happened a few years ago as well, I filed a support ticket, they told me they were updating the Ground Targets so the hit box on my screen wasn't the same as on the server.  This was just before they changed to the complex ground targets.

 

Tin Foil Hat Theory - With the major differences coming out for WOWP 2.0, they may have accidentally implemented some of the new code into the existing game without realizing, or they may be setting up for 2.0 release.  Take the new special hanger/airstrip for the Dunkirk missions for instance.  The scale and detail of the buildings and fire/smoke animation match WOWP 2.0 exactly, not they typical animation we see in game or for past special hangars.

I'm glad you mentioned this, Mars.  I thought I was going crazy there for a minute.  Interesting it was only the targets with guns.  That was the same as what I experienced. 


Edited by Toggle, 17 July 2017 - 04:08 PM.


PhoinexFire #5 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:22 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 9130 battles
  • 390
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    12-05-2013
I'm having this problem, too. I don't know what is up.

GouIdy #6 Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:00 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 18620 battles
  • 2,522
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013

View PostPhoinexFire, on 17 July 2017 - 10:22 AM, said:

I'm having this problem, too. I don't know what is up.

 

Maybe try a different brand? You're a bit young to be having those kinds of issues, I think you definitely should see a doctor.

 



PhoinexFire #7 Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:07 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 9130 battles
  • 390
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    12-05-2013

View PostGouIdy, on 17 July 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

 

Maybe try a different brand? You're a bit young to be having those kinds of issues, I think you definitely should see a doctor.

 

 

:(

GhostPrime #8 Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:22 PM

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 1654 battles
  • 2,037
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

View PostToggle, on 16 July 2017 - 11:29 PM, said:

Attached is a battle flown in the BSh-1 on Winter War, the night map.  Multiple ground targets take zero damage.  The last minute of battle I make a pass on some ships, drop 1 bomb, no damage.  I make a second pass, drop one bomb, watch in the rear view, direct hit, No damage and rounds fired did not count.  Screen shot from end of battle report 30% accuracy, in a GA.  Uhhh, nope!

 

Yes, a ticket was submitted. 

 

I just attempted to reproduce this in a training room, to no avail. I had High Explosive ammo loaded. 

What Belts were you using? Does this only happen from the one angle?



Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!


xXx_BulletMagnet_xXx #9 Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:18 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 14660 battles
  • 47
  • Member since:
    08-19-2015

There are 2 on the Harbor map that guns usually have no effect on as well!



Toggle #10 Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:45 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Alpha tester
  • 24203 battles
  • 2,269
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    02-14-2012

View PostGhostPrime, on 17 July 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

 

I just attempted to reproduce this in a training room, to no avail. I had High Explosive ammo loaded. 

What Belts were you using? Does this only happen from the one angle?

 

I had Universal Ammo loaded.  I made one pass on the first ground target and thought it may have been the target hiding behind a structure.  As I passed over I saw there should have been nothing to prevent hits.  I continued to another target and returned for another pass at a different angle.  No joy!  This continued with other targets on the map.  My partner in crime, lawm_mowered_man, commented he was having the same trouble.  The real blow came when I dropped a bomb on a sea target after trying to shoot it up, no damage.  I turned and made a second pass, dropped a second bomb and again, no joy!  Now, I'm no ground pounder but I've flown them enough to know that map had a problem at that time.  Oh!  The other important thing to mention, these were all soft targets.

Toggle #11 Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:49 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Alpha tester
  • 24203 battles
  • 2,269
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    02-14-2012

View PostxXx_BulletMagnet_xXx, on 18 July 2017 - 12:18 AM, said:

There are 2 on the Harbor map that guns usually have no effect on as well!

 

Yes, Bullet.  Those have been troublesome for awhile now.  This was a new one for me.  Even the bombs failed.

GhostPrime #12 Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:24 PM

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 1654 battles
  • 2,037
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013
Thank you for pointing this out. 


Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!


BuffaloTime #13 Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:34 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 20424 battles
  • 517
  • [3MNKY] 3MNKY
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 17 July 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

I noticed this on ElHalluf as well... 

But there are three bridges that can be blown up that aren't marked as targets. Go figure.



ObligatedSpider #14 Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:15 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3358 battles
  • 39
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Member since:
    02-13-2017
I've had this happen on Harbour a couple of times on the fortification targets especially the fortification target that is in the F0 square.




3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users