• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

GeorgePatton #1 Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:26 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 14 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Hello Everyone!

I've recently begun a series of YouTube videos depicting 'Raw Gameplay' from World of Warplanes and while filming for that channel, managed to down a couple IL-20s without losing any hitpoints. I know there are some who feel that the tailgunners are over-powered, but this film is here to show that you can do it! Yes, the guns on the J7W2 are very powerful, but look at the angles that I attacked from, and you'll see that the tailgunners were unable to fire at me. It would take more passes with weaker guns, but it is definitely viable.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Dru83 #2 Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:38 AM

Master Sergeant

• 176 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

Nice video. Yes, many people think the best way to attack GA's is to slow down behind them and they get riddled by the tail gunner. A GA's vulnerable spots are directly above, the sides, and in most cases below the aircraft. Note that some German GA planes have a gunner that can shoot downward. The best way to attack is in a U shape or an S shape and that can be done either from the side or from above and below. Either approach, shoot, and turn away in a U pattern, or approach, fly past, turn and approach again in an S pattern. This pattern also makes it a lot harder for a GA to kill you with a bomb.

I was almost successful with this the other day, but the GA, a Tsh-3 went over a mountain to get some cover and as soon as I pulled over the top of the mountain after him, the tail gunner finished me off. But, that's what I get for attacking a GA with 8 hit points left.

Raider_Bane #3 Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:22 AM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
  • [E_R] E_R

MIght I ask:

1. What targeting circle are you using, and

2. What cam mods do you use?  I have never seen the look left and right cam.

GeorgePatton #4 Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:25 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 14 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostRaider_Bane, on 14 July 2017 - 08:22 PM, said:

MIght I ask:

1. What targeting circle are you using, and

2. What cam mods do you use?  I have never seen the look left and right cam.

I'm using aiming reticle 7 in blue. (I hope I'm right, been a while since I looked and the servers are currently down...)

My game client is completely 'vanilla'. I use the 'g' key to focus on my target with a 'padlock' view (this is a game default). 

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users