Jump to content


WGC consitantly crashing while updating


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

mnbv_fockewulfe #1 Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:00 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4590 battles
  • 1,326
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013
This is the third update I've had this happen. I'll open WGC to update the game (I have it set to manual updating) press the button and if I leave the window open WGC will crash by about 30% to 40% of the update is downloaded. If I open WGC and then close and let it run in the background it seems to work, but this time even though my computer says WGC is closed I can't reopen it. This is really ticking me off and I'm not contacting support because I was given %$^%& help last time that didn't even consider that the problem might be with WGC. And I'm not in the mood to restart my computer.


 


Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


TeamTerrible #2 Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:08 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 46394 battles
  • 2,137
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-29-2012

Its a shame isn't it

 

What is worse is most of the players would appreciate it if WG would leave the game alone because their downgrades are the worst 

 

On a plus side they are extremely busy making sure everyone quits playing Tanks and their CEO won't even look at us or we'd probably get shutdown 


 

 

         


GhostPrime #3 Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:12 PM

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 1656 battles
  • 2,096
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 07 July 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

This is the third update I've had this happen. I'll open WGC to update the game (I have it set to manual updating) press the button and if I leave the window open WGC will crash by about 30% to 40% of the update is downloaded. If I open WGC and then close and let it run in the background it seems to work, but this time even though my computer says WGC is closed I can't reopen it. This is really ticking me off and I'm not contacting support because I was given %$^%& help last time that didn't even consider that the problem might be with WGC. And I'm not in the mood to restart my computer.

 

have you checked your WGC log files to see where its hanging up and why? Are you running a wired or wireless network? (I think I may have asked you this last time?) What other devices are using the network currently?

 



Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!


ArrowZ_ #4 Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:19 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 9911 battles
  • 2,436
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013
The kicker to this thread: The community knows more about the issues of WGC than actual WG employees.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

 


GhostPrime #5 Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:33 PM

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 1656 battles
  • 2,096
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

View PostArrowZ_, on 07 July 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

The kicker to this thread: The community knows more about the issues of WGC than actual WG employees.

 

One thing to understand is that different computers may have different issues. this is due to may factors ranging from hardware to software and network configurations. Just because one or two people may have trouble does not mean it affects all people who use the WGC. Now it may uncover a problem, and If that is the case, I/we will report the issue for a fix in a new version. The WGC is admittedly not (yet) perfect, and large amounts of users may sometimes uncover issues that are not on just a small sample.

 

I can help with WGC issues as I have a lot of professional and personal experience with the program.



Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!


TeamTerrible #6 Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:41 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 46394 battles
  • 2,137
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-29-2012

View PostGhostPrime, on 07 July 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

 

One thing to understand is that different computers may have different issues. this is due to may factors ranging from hardware to software and network configurations. Just because one or two people may have trouble does not mean it affects all people who use the WGC. Now it may uncover a problem, and If that is the case, I/we will report the issue for a fix in a new version. The WGC is admittedly not (yet) perfect, and large amounts of users may sometimes uncover issues that are not on just a small sample.

 

I can help with WGC issues as I have a lot of professional and personal experience with the program.

 

If it wasn't for Ghostprime we'd be doomed.........DOOMED!!! I SAY!!! DOOMED!!

 

 

         


MelBrooks #7 Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:04 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 30354 battles
  • 1,206
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-18-2014
Ghost you are correct. With all the different configurations of software and hardware, a multitude of issues and conflicts can occur. One thing is consistent though in reading these threads, it simply utilizes too much resources when active and is active way too often. I only use it for updates and then bypass it to run WG games. I believe a lot of us are doing that now. 

Edited by MelBrooks, 07 July 2017 - 07:05 PM.


mnbv_fockewulfe #8 Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:21 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4590 battles
  • 1,326
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

View PostGhostPrime, on 07 July 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

 

have you checked your WGC log files to see where its hanging up and why? Are you running a wired or wireless network? (I think I may have asked you this last time?) What other devices are using the network currently?

 

 

The computer is connected to the router via wireless. Only the computer running the WOWP updates was running on the network.

How do I check the log file?

 


Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


Jaguardian #9 Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:46 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 20071 battles
  • 964
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostMelBrooks, on 07 July 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

Ghost you are correct. With all the different configurations of software and hardware, a multitude of issues and conflicts can occur. One thing is consistent though in reading these threads, it simply utilizes too much resources when active and is active way too often. I only use it for updates and then bypass it to run WG games. I believe a lot of us are doing that now. 

 

Another thing is known from reading these forums.  Most of us would prefer to visit the dentist rather than work with WG's support.

mnbv_fockewulfe #10 Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:05 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4590 battles
  • 1,326
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

found the log file and found this:

Block Quote

WARN  | 7236   | 07 13:23:43.593 | Don't know how to handle 'value', use qRegisterMetaType to register it. (:0)

 Still looking for more issues.

I think I found it GP.

Block Quote

 Level | Thread | Day and time    | Message
--------------------------------------------
 INFO  | 8368   | 07 13:48:48.289 | Starting log session 3888 at 2017-07-07
 INFO  | 8368   | 07 13:48:48.989 | Wargaming.net Game Center
 INFO  | 8368   | 07 13:48:48.989 | Version: 17.04.00.3800
 INFO  | 8368   | 07 13:48:48.989 | Configuration: Final
 INFO  | 8368   | 07 13:48:48.989 | Initializing crash handling manager
 INFO  | 8436   | 07 13:48:48.992 | Setting up crash handling
 INFO  | 8436   | 07 13:48:49.870 | Out-of-process registration of assert handler succeeded.
 INFO  | 6336   | 07 13:48:49.105 | [PC Info] [OS] Windows 7 Home Premium x64 (English), version = 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1, emulation = (none), uptime = 0d 04h 19m 08s
 INFO  | 6336   | 07 13:48:49.105 | [PC Info] [CPU] Intel® Core™ i3-4150 CPU @ 3.50GHz. Physical cores = 2, Logical cores = 4
 INFO  | 6336   | 07 13:48:49.105 | [PC Info] [Memory] Total physical = 8108 MB. Total virtual = 2047 MB
 INFO  | 6336   | 07 13:48:49.105 | [PC Info] [Display] \\.\DISPLAY1 PRIMARY [1920x1080]  [(0, 0), (1920, 1080)]
 INFO  | 6336   | 07 13:48:49.105 | [PC Info] [Antivirus] Norton Internet Security
 INFO  | 6336   | 07 13:48:49.105 | [PC Info] Collected in 17ms
 INFO  | 8368   | 07 13:48:49.109 | Arguments: --skipJobCheck
 WARN  | 8368   | 07 13:48:49.109 | File cookies.bin is to be open in RO mode, but does not exist
 WARN  | 8368   | 07 13:48:49.109 | Error opening file cookies.bin: (0) Unknown error
 ERROR | 8368   | 07 13:48:49.109 | Failed to open file cookies.bin
 ERROR | 8368   | 07 13:48:49.109 | Failed to open cookie jar file "cookies.bin" for reading - cookies will not be loaded
 INFO  | 8368   | 07 13:48:49.109 | Loading resource files...
 INFO  | 8368   | 07 13:48:49.109 | Loading dlls\wgc_res.dat
 INFO  | 8368   | 07 13:48:49.120 | Loading dlls\apps_res.dat
 INFO  | 8368   | 07 13:48:49.122 | Another application instance is running
 INFO  | 1128   | 07 13:50:03.100 | Process finished: name = "C:\ProgramData\Wargaming.net\GameCenter\dlls\wgc_watchdog.exe", exit code = 1
 WARN  | 8436   | 07 13:50:03.997 | Out-of-process crash handling is down. Restarting...
 INFO  | 8436   | 07 13:50:03.997 | Setting up crash handling
 INFO  | 8436   | 07 13:50:04.245 | Out-of-process registration of assert handler succeeded.
 ERROR | 8368   | 07 14:48:49.123 | IPC request failed
 INFO  | 8368   | 07 14:49:19.124 | Shutting down
 INFO  | 8368   | 07 14:49:19.128 | [Logger] Uptime: 0d 01:00:30.839
 INFO  | 8368   | 07 14:49:19.128 | Log session 3888 finished

 

 

 


Edited by mnbv_fockewulfe, 07 July 2017 - 08:11 PM.

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


GhostPrime #11 Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:59 PM

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 1656 battles
  • 2,096
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 07 July 2017 - 12:05 PM, said:

found the log file and found this:

 Still looking for more issues.

I think I found it GP.

 

 

​Sent you a PM. 


Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!


HellsBells_ #12 Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:36 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 3277 battles
  • 249
  • [HLBL] HLBL
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
it crashed on me when wowp updated also, and my computer hardly ever crashes, i dont have the log files right now.

 

 


TeamTerrible #13 Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:49 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 46394 battles
  • 2,137
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-29-2012

View PostJaguardian, on 07 July 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

 

Another thing is known from reading these forums.  Most of us would prefer to visit the dentist rather than work with WG's support.

 

Ever see that show Dirty Jobs?? yup that would be more enjoyable

 

Funny how they are on the top of their game when it comes to issues regarding purchases from the premium shop :sceptic:


 

 

         


Chuck_norris10 #14 Posted 08 July 2017 - 12:50 AM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 22834 battles
  • 5,288
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

View PostTeamTerrible, on 07 July 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

Its a shame isn't it

 

What is worse is most of the players would appreciate it if WG would leave the game alone because their downgrades are the worst 

 

On a plus side they are extremely busy making sure everyone quits playing Tanks and their CEO won't even look at us or we'd probably get shutdown 

You may be on to something there.

 

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/549165-wg-na-east-you-better-listen-and-respond/


 

 


 

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #15 Posted 08 July 2017 - 01:01 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 20848 battles
  • 1,932
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

CanOfTomatoes #1 Posted Yesterday, 11:36 PM

CanOfTomatoes #1 Posted Yesterday, 11:36 PM

Major

  •  
  • -Players-
  • 17285 battles
  • 3,604 message_img.png
  • Member since:
    03-02-2015
Your lag issues and there are literally hundreds of posts on it are losing you more players than any content, balance, map or OP tanks issues you have. Your total silence on the issue and resolution of it is creating an even bigger issue. You have literally lost thousands of customers because there is nothing worse than trying to play a game that its performance issue prevent your playing. It simply isn't worth it. Put all you devs on the issue and fix it. Then do the right thing and refund Prem time for the duration of this issue. FINALLY you know this was well as I do Telia is a root issue for your problems anyone who can run ping plotter can see the packet loss starts with them. A simple Google search will show anyone that that company has so many issues and complaints from gamers its almost absurd any company would use them in the US. STOP USING them. Unless your objective is to close the NA server and find a new job.

Edited by CanOfTomatoes, Yesterday, 11:39 PM.

 

I feel the handicaps and software issues make the game MORE fun... of course I also willingly drink slivovitz and miller highlife...

 

 


Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 08 July 2017 - 01:03 AM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Chuck_norris10 #16 Posted 08 July 2017 - 01:39 AM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 22834 battles
  • 5,288
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013
I'll never look at a tomato the same way again.

 

 


 

Chuck_norris10 #17 Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:06 AM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 22834 battles
  • 5,288
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

Fix the lag at your servers and most people wont have problems with the launcher and updates as they were built for a touch better connection then what your servers are giving.

Here's a ping plotter from an hour ago. WG name comes up as a customer on all these.Google one of those ip's and you will find pages of topics from players that left after asking about them and lag associated.

 

So exactly what IP should I be tracing on pingplotter?

Last hop on mine now shows 92.223.40.109 as the last one and it as well as the 4 before it all have PL from 3.5 to 9%.

First hop after my ISP server is wg's 206.126.237.22 eqix-dc3.gcore.lu  3.6%PL

second is 92.223.118.131 dc3-a9006-edge-1-be20-2000.fe.core.pw currently at 9.1% PL

Third is 92.223.118.163 dc11-n5596-fe-1-vl231.fe.core.pw currently at 1.9% PL


 

 


 

mnbv_fockewulfe #18 Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:52 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4590 battles
  • 1,326
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

Tin foil hat theory time.

I witnessed a bot lawn dart right in front of me at the exact moment I had 100% packet loss. :sceptic:


Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


Noreaga #19 Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:04 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 8732 battles
  • 2,875
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    03-05-2012

similar issue for me, whenever i update wowp it completly crashes the network on my box only. 

 

Didnt know about the logs, but it happens everytime you reach an "end point" in the process. Ex downloads great until SD is finished then i have to reset the entire network or the box with WOWP loses connection to the DNS.

 

Same thing happens when you Finish HD. 

 

Same thing happens when you update WGC

 

I update other non WG stuff all the time and it doesn't happen, nor did it happen before The WGC. ill check the logs when i get home.

 

PS i have changed the port and update port forwarding. 

 


Edited by Noreaga, 10 July 2017 - 05:04 PM.

Nimis obnoxii curare


Hagendansk #20 Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:24 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 8146 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    01-29-2016

happens here since first beta of WGC and has been reported many times, but obviously fixing it is not easy and/or not a priority 

 

In between it was better, now back to crashing. 

 

Problem is a memory leak. 

 

Small updates: no problem. 

 

Updates of several hundred MB or bigger: 

 

at some point WGC will start to use insane amounts of memory, blow up the page file to fill your harddisk, and then freeze or crash. 

Big updates of any of the 3 games usually require 3-4 restarts for me. 

 

Can't verify, but it seems to be time related, people with faster internet seem to be less affected than people who live in the outback and need several hours or a day to download big updates. 

 

 

 

Update: to be fair, the latest WoT update (a bit over 1GB) did NOT crash and completed overnight without problems. Maybe something has been fixed. 


Edited by Hagendansk, 13 July 2017 - 06:53 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users