Choosing the right plane

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

oldiowaguy #21 Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 15691 battles
Whatever anniversary plane has free XP as a reward. I hate grinding tanks stock!

J311yfish #22 Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17872 battles
  • [343] 343

1. Anniversary aircraft -- grab 1 victory for the free xp, if applicable -- 3600 free xp for example is kind of compelling, especially given that it can be transferred to pilot progression

2. Anniversary aircraft -- use the x2-3 xp to quickly research the next aircraft, if applicable, but do not purchase the next aircraft unless there is a compelling price reduction (such as 20-30%)

3. Japanese aircraft -- daily x2 xp for pilot progression -- usually premiums first, Tiers 2-10 -- I tend to use low-tier premiums to further advance high-tier pilots.

4. Bristol Beaufighter -- daily x2 xp for pilot progression

5. France, China -- daily x2 xp for pilot progression​ -- high-yield progress because one pilot/gunner can be transferred into all premiums for x2 xp

^ that is usually enough to keep me busy.  I decided a long time ago that I would rather specialize with Japan and have exceptional pilots there, rather than have mediocre pilots spread across all nations -- so most of my time is spent there.  It is going slow at 9+ skills, so I tend to venture out to either level other nations or build upon my premium pilots for France and China.  Free xp from anniversary aircraft of other nations is often rolled into pilot progression to grab the next skill point.

If another Japanese line comes out, I'll be ready, and if an Italian line is released, I'll probably invest heavily.

Edited by J311yfish, 06 July 2017 - 09:27 PM.

Tech tree projects:  JAPAN  /  United Kingdom  /  Sweden  /  Finland (skins/  Italy  /  France  /  Poland  /  China  /  Brazil  /  United States  //  Roadmap

Map proposals:  Panama Canal  /  Great Wall of China  /  Cliffs of Dover  //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial How to ignore forum posts and signatures

GhostPrime #23 Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:28 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1656 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostJ311yfish, on 06 July 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

^ that is usually enough to keep me busy.  I decided a long time ago that I would rather specialize with Japan and have exceptional pilots there, rather than have mediocre pilots spread across all nations -- so most of my time is spent there.  It is going slow at 9+ skills, so I tend to venture out to either level other nations or build upon my premium pilots for France and China.  Free xp from anniversary aircraft of other nations is often rolled into pilot progression to grab the next skill point.

That's one thing I have been bad at. My progression is all over the place. I have been trying to focus on the US multirole line recently. 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

GeorgePatton #24 Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:06 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7718 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I've got a few planes that I actually enjoy flying - depending on the amount of XP bonus, I might grab the plane I'm currently grinding (the BV P.212.03 or whatever the tier 9 is called) or if there's a really good experience multiplier, I'll grab my Me.262 HG III to warm up the rocket skillz a little before I take out the real bird. Definitely the first one out has rockets.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

pyantoryng #25 Posted 07 July 2017 - 03:04 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12468 battles

View PostGeorgePatton, on 06 July 2017 - 11:06 PM, said:

I've got a few planes that I actually enjoy flying - depending on the amount of XP bonus, I might grab the plane I'm currently grinding (the BV P.212.03 or whatever the tier 9 is called) or if there's a really good experience multiplier, I'll grab my Me.262 HG III to warm up the rocket skillz a little before I take out the real bird. Definitely the first one out has rockets.

Cheers!
Glenn

HG3 got rockets?

Last I saw only up to HG2 get rockets...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

TeamTerrible #26 Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:10 AM

First Lieutenant

• 46394 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postpyantoryng, on 06 July 2017 - 05:58 AM, said:

Maybe I should disconnect for a few games in my tier 10.

I normally do just one to disconnect first so I can stay connected.

You can try using the training room for your daily disconnect

Version 1.5.1 had my plane stuck in rear camera mode for the 1st battle after logging in so i went to the training room to crash in disgust

GeorgePatton #27 Posted 07 July 2017 - 03:35 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7718 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postpyantoryng, on 06 July 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

HG3 got rockets?

Last I saw only up to HG2 get rockets...

Sorry, pressed 'I' too many times haha!

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users