World of Warplanes - 1.9.11 Patch Release 7/06/17

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

MARS_REVENANT #21 Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:20 PM

Major

• 34309 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostGouIdy, on 06 July 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

So you think everybody picking the same side every night & fighting against a whole team of bots was epic? How about the GA fest that ensued every night, was that also epic? Maybe it was the constant team rams taking place as 6 players were all trying to kill the same smoker. Yeah the whole event was epic alright, an epic ********

Woah!!! you need to calm down.

I said "as epic" I didn't say Thor's Hammer was epic.  Meaning, I hope the Dunkirk event will be just as big, at least as Thor's Hammer.

I did leave a lot of feedback on the Thor's Hammer event that would eliminate the ******** you spoke of.  With some tweaks, it would be pretty good.  But you bring up a good point, Axis vs Allies related to Dunkirk, I would assume everyone would select the Allies defense to help them escape.  Not sure on the morals of someone selecting Axis in a historically related event where basically they were trying to kill sitting ducks.

- Content moderated

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

20thCenturyLtd #22 Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18543 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Bad Bear.

Personnel Officer, Knights of Dracarys

Please PM me if interested in applying or for more information.

pyantoryng #23 Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:56 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12443 battles

Hmmm...I doubt that Dunkirk's going to be another confrontation event...too much is at stake for a confrontation event...gold, high tier planes...

More likely just another movie tie-in...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Pogo68 #24 Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18855 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
I thought that I already had the Spitfire Mk Ia, Bf-109 E-3 as well as the LaGG-3-4 for months or years in the case of the 109 and Spitfire.
DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

20thCenturyLtd #25 Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18543 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostPogo68, on 06 July 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

I thought that I already had the Spitfire Mk Ia, Bf-109 E-3 as well as the LaGG-3-4 for months or years in the case of the 109 and Spitfire.

Yep, you thought right, but now you can have them as "premiums" too.

Personnel Officer, Knights of Dracarys

Please PM me if interested in applying or for more information.

scipionmk #26 Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:55 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 28785 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 06 July 2017 - 10:41 PM, said:

Yep, you thought right, but now you can have them as "premiums" too.

If they cost 50+ tokens (to buy the mission to  obtain them), they are not worth to spent, except you are collecting rare planes.

In terms of efficiency and in a relation to the game, regular planes from Spit and Me-109 line are and will be with better performances for sure. With regular planes even without premium account I can earn decent amount of exp and game silver.

Only at tier VII and VIII premium planes will bring decent amount of exp and silver to attract me to fly them out of anniversary time.

TeamTerrible #27 Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:56 AM

First Lieutenant

• 46107 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostGouIdy, on 06 July 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

So you think everybody picking the same side every night & fighting against a whole team of bots was epic? How about the GA fest that ensued every night, was that also epic? Maybe it was the constant team rams taking place as 6 players were all trying to kill the same smoker. Yeah the whole event was epic alright, an epic clusterfluck.

I enjoyed flooding a tier and being able to get the majority of the people in the same battle

However I agree the team ramming/damage by friendly fire was not enjoyable at all

Its a shame WG doesn't listen to suggestions or i'd say change the terms to simply winning the battle and removing the battles vs an all bot team

Too much selfish game play that shouldn't be going on in a team based game

and for what...mostly junk in the crates

Balaise #28 Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:27 PM

Master Sergeant

• 4799 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on 06 July 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

Have you tried running the game in safe mode?

I tried to repair. It didnt worked.

I finally had to disinstall/reinstall.

Zapperguy #29 Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:26 AM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34340 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

GhostPrime,

Can you ask your higher-ups how they feel about the first (albeit paid) result in the following example?

Scenario: I heard that WoT has a plane game. I think I'll look it up. LMGTFY

:facepalm:

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

Zapperguy #30 Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:29 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34340 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostZapperguy, on 08 July 2017 - 03:26 AM, said:

GhostPrime,

Can you ask your higher-ups how they feel about the first (albeit paid) result in the following example?

Scenario: I heard that WoT has a plane game. I think I'll look it up. LMGTFY

:facepalm:

I really am curious how the WG execs feel about their competitor being the FIRST result when "World of Warplanes" is entered into Google.

The "other game's" advertising team had the savvy to pay to be first. WG could easily pay more, but they won't. Why are they satisfied with being second?

:amazed:

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users