WoWp economy feels weak

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

mnbv_fockewulfe #21 Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Kills kind of give a small multiplier to your experience from what I've observed. So if you do 1,000 damage and get only 5 assists the guy who do 500 damage but got five kills will have the better experience.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

_Warchylde_ #22 Posted 08 July 2017 - 01:04 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostZ3M, on 06 July 2017 - 11:45 AM, said:

Really?  It seems the number of kills and assists pays off better.  A 109 game recently had me 500 damage ahead but lost on XP to a guy with 4 kills.  Maybe it's a flawed observation, but it seems kills grant you more XP than WOT or WOWS.

Remember, that an assist is only doing 20% of the damage to a plane, so as long as you're doing damage, the assists will come.

The damage outweighs the kills.

Here's just an example.  I only scored two kills, yet because I did about 65% more damage (hence the large number of assists) than the next guy (who had 5 kills and an assist), I netted more exp.

Also, note the guy in 7th place in experience.  He scored 3 kills and an assist, but he was in 7th because he only did 120 pts of damage....of course, this is nerfed because ground attack aircraft do not earn as much experience for doing damage to planes as other aircraft do.

Edited by _Warchylde_, 08 July 2017 - 01:09 AM.

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

MARS_REVENANT #23 Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:08 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles

I decided to test the game economy for all you newcomers.  I don't get into all the math, but I wanted to use the recent release of the new German and Russian branches to look at how long it would take to go through them.  Here are my results.  Just a note, Standard account, not premium.  Mostly single play, not flight.

Russian Branch.

• Tier 7 - Had to start grind the Yak-9U.  I put my best RU pilot in it, and changed the skills to aiming and engine boost. Changed the equipment to aiming, engine, and maneuverability. Took me 56 battles to unlock the tier 8 Sukhoi Su-9.
  • Tier 8 - Used free EXP to research all the modules.  Moved the pilot from my 9U to the Su-9 and trained him to 90% using credits, kept pilot skills the same. Set up equipment for aiming and maneuverability x2,  After 0nly 72 battles I have unlocked the tier 9 I-211
  • Tier 9 - Used free EXP to research all modules. Moved my pilot from my Su-9 to the I-211, kept pilot skills the same. Set up equipment for aiming and maneuverability x2

German Branch.

•  I won the tier 8 BV P.210. Researched all modules using Free EXP.
  • I won the tier 9 BV P.212.03. Researched all modules using Free EXP. Selected equipment for aiming, engine tuning, and maneuverability. Started with a 90% 0 skill pilot worked the skills up for aiming and rocketeer. After 82 battle I was able to unlock the tier 10.

So 72 battles to get a tier 9 Russian and 82 to get a tier 10 German.  That is too easy IMHO.  With bots introduced, it is like a credit and EXP farm.  Planes needs to be made harder, but with an already small population, that would mean even more people leaving, so they have made it easy and give you a lot of free stuff to try and attract and keep layers.

Here is a write up I did for the most efficient use of EXP, Free EXP and Credits: http://forum.worldof...983#entry608983

TLDR:

Spoiler

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 09 July 2017 - 08:09 PM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

pyantoryng #24 Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:14 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

Keep all your planes if you can...the higher the tier the better. Those annual bonuses go a long way if you are here to stay...

...and Mars, you are significantly better than average player, so it's a given you would reel in a truckload of dough every match. Pretty sure the economy is this way for a long while, but only with bots it became significantly amplified...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Noreaga #25 Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:31 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postpyantoryng, on 09 July 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

Keep all your planes if you can...the higher the tier the better. Those annual bonuses go a long way if you are here to stay...

also because they might add new lines that start at lets say Tier 7, and you now have to re-purchase the damn planes. so regretting selling all my T7's

Nimis obnoxii curare

pyantoryng #26 Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:39 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

View PostNoreaga, on 10 July 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

also because they might add new lines that start at lets say Tier 7, and you now have to re-purchase the damn planes. so regretting selling all my T7's

There's no way to know in advance where the branch will be added...the Republic line was a full line right from T2 all the way to 10 and so were the Japanese Army and Focke-Wulf lines...the Yakovlev line starts from T4 I-17...

Though all those FXP would help you catch up and start wherever you want...

Edited by pyantoryng, 10 July 2017 - 07:39 PM.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users