WoWp economy feels weak

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Sinton #1 Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:59 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4510 battles

Hi all,

Just a quick question for the group.  Do you feel the economy here is on par with WoT or WoWs?  Having just picked up Warships it seems to me the reimbursement of credits and XP is much more per battle then here at WoWp.  I feel like progression through tiers is much faster and therefore much more interesting on World of Warships.  I'm not even a Navy guy.  I still log in and fly on my fav t III-VI planes a couple of times but it seems like lots of folks have left.  Maybe a re-tweak of the economy here could help re-spark interest. 

Thoughts?

GouIdy #2 Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:45 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18617 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
The economy in WOWP is the easiest to progress & make credits out of all 3 games. One tip, if you find you can't make enough credits is to only use standard ammo because it is free & maybe get yourself a decent mid tier premium plane. It is as easy as it has ever been to progress through this game.

MARS_REVENANT #3 Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:46 AM

Major

• 34275 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

WOWP is probably the easiest economy out of all 3 games.

Perpetually free premium time and hangar slots.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Sinton #4 Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:14 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4510 battles
I disagree.  Progression is not what it once was.  Just my opinion 

GeorgePatton #5 Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:38 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7716 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I am generally making credits on a win, and breaking even on a loss at tier 9 without premium time. I use only the 'universal' (not free) ammunition. I think the economy is just fine - the one complaint I have is with the division of experience among the team rather than on an individual basis - give us a bonus for a win, sure but beyond that it should be based entirely on individual performance, not what some programming jockey thinks is 'fair contribution' to a 'team effort'...

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

GouIdy #6 Posted 04 July 2017 - 02:19 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18617 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostSinton, on 03 July 2017 - 09:14 PM, said:

Looking at your stats I can see why you feel that way, obviously progression is tied to in game performance & you are just not doing enough to see how easy it is to progress. You really need to increase your damage output  per game & with how easy it is to kill bots you should at least be averaging 1-2 kills per game. I also noticed that your survival rate is on the low side & maybe a change in tactics will help, survive longer & you will find that the damage/kills will increase as well.

pyantoryng #7 Posted 04 July 2017 - 02:27 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12441 battles

WoWP is the only place among the trilogy that you can play tier 10 and easily break even or only at small loss...all while playing aggressively.

The low tier may be on the slow side (breaking 1k base EXP in tier 1 is very hard even with Gabreski and 10 kills), but it really picks up in high tier where 1 full health kill or a Thunder attained in GA can get enough to earn you 1k on victory and some nice credits.

Not to mention anniversary bonuses, especially with premium planes and time, you can crank out credits really easily with them...while costing nothing but having the plane stuck in hangar for a long time.

The most important thing IMO...is rotation time. A Planes match is finished in 10 minutes top while Ships match can easily run to full 20 minutes and on average take well over 10 minutes...you can squeeze in like 2-3 Planes matches during one average ship match. A blowout in Planes take only 3 minutes or less or so while it takes well over 5 minutes in Ships due to how slow ships go. Ships feel really slow to me because of the slow rotation time that allow less work to be done at a given time. Then again, depends on what you are good at, and thus reeling in good result from match to match.

Edited by pyantoryng, 04 July 2017 - 02:28 AM.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

BobozeeBear #8 Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:15 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 25044 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

WOWP to me by far has the easiest economy to make progress in. Maybe i shouldn't say anything as i wouldn't want WGing to nerf it. but if they finally did combine silver with tanks and planes i'd be laughing all the way to the bank.

I'll share a screenie with you, not to brag or boast, just to point out i never come close to this kind of progression in WOT or WOWS...mind you i am a tomato in both.

shot_248.jpg

Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

MARS_REVENANT #9 Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:23 AM

Major

• 34275 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostSinton, on 03 July 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

Have you met the bots?  Seriously, bots are a credit and XP farm.  Not to mention the huge XP bonuses on anniversaries of planes.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Psicko23 #10 Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:41 AM

First Lieutenant

• 19614 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Yeah, the economy isn't weak here. They don't give as much silver here as they do in ships(I'm only counting to tier 4), but stuff doesn't seem to be as expensive in the same range. I'd have to do an income to price ratio for both to figure it out, but that's too much work. 

pyantoryng #11 Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:13 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12441 battles

View PostPsicko23, on 04 July 2017 - 09:41 AM, said:

Yeah, the economy isn't weak here. They don't give as much silver here as they do in ships(I'm only counting to tier 4), but stuff doesn't seem to be as expensive in the same range. I'd have to do an income to price ratio for both to figure it out, but that's too much work. 

It costs around 2M for tier 8 in Tanks and Planes...while it costs around 9M for Ships (NOLA is 8.9M, for example). Credits in Ships are significantly inflated compared to Tanks and Planes.

The experience costs in Ships are around the same rate as Tanks and Planes...but due to non-interchangeable modules (was back a long time ago, not now) the EXP cost is significantly increased as one has to grind each ship from stock to max. Planes? You got a German T9 jet? You can use all those Jumo motors on other German jets as well. Being able to get upgrades from tiers earlier and other tech trees lessen the required grinding and frustration from being stock...Planes being more interchangeable than Tanks.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

BrushWolf #12 Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:58 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10781 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

While the experience and credits earned per match is lower than in the other games the matches are much shorter and rarely run full time allowing for more in the same time period.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Balaise #13 Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:59 PM

Master Sergeant

• 4798 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 04 July 2017 - 10:13 AM, said:

It costs around 2M for tier 8 in Tanks and Planes...while it costs around 9M for Ships (NOLA is 8.9M, for example). Credits in Ships are significantly inflated compared to Tanks and Planes.

The experience costs in Ships are around the same rate as Tanks and Planes...but due to non-interchangeable modules (was back a long time ago, not now) the EXP cost is significantly increased as one has to grind each ship from stock to max. Planes? You got a German T9 jet? You can use all those Jumo motors on other German jets as well. Being able to get upgrades from tiers earlier and other tech trees lessen the required grinding and frustration from being stock...Planes being more interchangeable than Tanks.

Indeed, Interchangeable modules are sooooo fun. 

6 months ago, I also thought WOWP economy and XP was weak but I was totally wrong.

After 4k battles, I'm litterally slashing through tech trees. The grinding is really fast. Lots of 3x XP weekends, Lots of weekends with interesting reward. Cool events with nice plane rewards! I got 4 "Free" tier 8-9 planes from last event.  (Only Chinese Mosquito was dissapointing lately.)

I'm really enjoying my WoWP experience trying different planes and different classes.

Edited by Balaise, 04 July 2017 - 10:00 PM.

Noreaga #14 Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:20 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8732 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostSinton, on 03 July 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

compared to beta and release, yes years ago i noticed that credit earning was  down. Now, the addition of bots it is very very easy to get silver in this game, especially compared to WOWS or WOT. 

WOWP also has the added bonus of daily's, and you can get extra silver or exp as rewards plus you can gain points towards free premium or hanger slots. I know one or two players that play this game, to have premium in the other titles.

Edit: also you can't compare the pure numbers the sheer cost of higher tier WOWS will never match up to here. a bad game in a Yamato will never equal a bad game in the HGIII.

Edited by Noreaga, 04 July 2017 - 10:28 PM.

Nimis obnoxii curare

BrushWolf #15 Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:19 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10781 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View Postpyantoryng, on 04 July 2017 - 05:13 AM, said:

Ships end up costing a lot more credits than their listed cost would imply because of the upgrade modules.

Edited by BrushWolf, 05 July 2017 - 05:47 PM.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

pyantoryng #16 Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:17 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12441 battles

View PostNoreaga, on 04 July 2017 - 10:20 PM, said:

compared to beta and release, yes years ago i noticed that credit earning was  down. Now, the addition of bots it is very very easy to get silver in this game, especially compared to WOWS or WOT. 

WOWP also has the added bonus of daily's, and you can get extra silver or exp as rewards plus you can gain points towards free premium or hanger slots. I know one or two players that play this game, to have premium in the other titles.

Edit: also you can't compare the pure numbers the sheer cost of higher tier WOWS will never match up to here. a bad game in a Yamato will never equal a bad game in the HGIII.

WoWS has fixed maintenance cost alongside ammo bill, so there's that too.

A bad game in a tier 10 plane can be mostly mitigated by omitting consumables and running standard ammo, making all those cost zero. No such luck with tier 10 ship on a bad game...even if you survive and get timed out/either side won by points you will be paying the full cost of the maintenance (AKA repair) bill along with all the ammo you fired...such is the cost that rampant cowardice had inflicted onto the bills...

armydoc83 #17 Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:56 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3013 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I find that even with 1-2 assists and dying I'll still make 5-10k profit over the cost of repairing my plane. A good match can easily garner 20-25k.

Any issues I have with money or XP are rather easily mitigated by the wonder that is an elited IL-8. A X3 weekend can easily see 5k worth of free XP added each day if I manage to Thunder up. That can easily buy the upgrades to new planes rather than slamming your head into a wall trying to compete with baseline stats.

Only times I ever lose money is if my Zero or other low HP plane gets derped by a Yak or C-6 before it has a chance to fire a shot.

All this without even using Premium time.

Z3M #18 Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:28 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3042 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

It could be the progression in WOWP seems harder because of its focus on kills and assists.  In WOT a 3k damage game nets me 100k silver, that's without kills in a prem. 8.  WOWP rewards you more for the kill than the damage it seems.  WOWS also seems based more on the damage and capping to earn the XP.  I had 2 games over 100k damage in the Sims the other night, one with caps and one without.  300xp more and 50k silver with the added caps.  Maybe you need to focus more on getting kills for WOWP.  Just a suggestion.

Edited by Z3M, 05 July 2017 - 02:30 PM.

_Warchylde_ #19 Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:19 PM

First Lieutenant

• 10944 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostZ3M, on 05 July 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

It could be the progression in WOWP seems harder because of its focus on kills and assists.  In WOT a 3k damage game nets me 100k silver, that's without kills in a prem. 8.  WOWP rewards you more for the kill than the damage it seems.  WOWS also seems based more on the damage and capping to earn the XP.  I had 2 games over 100k damage in the Sims the other night, one with caps and one without.  300xp more and 50k silver with the added caps.  Maybe you need to focus more on getting kills for WOWP.  Just a suggestion.

WoWP experience and coinage is all about damage.....yes there is a small bonus for getting a kill, but it really is all about the damage output.

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Z3M #20 Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:45 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3042 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
Really?  It seems the number of kills and assists pays off better.  A 109 game recently had me 500 damage ahead but lost on XP to a guy with 4 kills.  Maybe it's a flawed observation, but it seems kills grant you more XP than WOT or WOWS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users