WG Battles Participation Teams

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Bobby_Tables #1 Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:18 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 603 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Hey GhostPrime!

I know you tried to arrange battles between WGNA and other teams of players and that did not go so well.  

As you may or may not know there has been some turmoil in recent what I will call "arranged tournaments" and your idea most likely was just one of the victims.  

Here's what I would suggest for now:  The current player Meta is to win in the Hall of Fame.  That means killing lots of planes (bots, mostly) and gaining bragging rights by being the king of the hill.  So, if you want to get some people interested in playing, WGNA should do a "flood the tiers" type event (or multiple events preferably) in the public matches.  Say at such and such time, WGNA will be flying T6 (for example).  I think you will get more participation if it is ad-hoc like that.  

This is all IMHO, but I think trying to arrange dates and times and defined teams at this particular stage in game play [edit* and in the training room where no xp or other credits are gained*] is an exercise in futility.  

I am hoping this will change in the future as I am always up for arranged battles.  However, for now, if you all want to fight and add to player participation, arrange a date and time and tier and do it in the pub matches.  

I hope this makes sense.

Good Flying!  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 03 July 2017 - 01:32 AM.

TeamTerrible #2 Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:39 AM

First Lieutenant

• 4 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Back in the day we have an incentive to shoot down a WG employee

http://na.wargaming....owp/1000027709/

Say add some gold or hand out one of them Do-335s 

PhoinexFire #3 Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:51 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
WGNA is now officially 5 years old, this day on July 2nd

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #4 Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:03 AM

First Lieutenant

• 116 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPhoinexFire, on 02 July 2017 - 09:51 PM, said:

WGNA is now officially 5 years old, this day on July 2nd

I know 5 year old boys with ADHD that are in more control...

sad... so sad...

hehe

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Zigfreid #5 Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1163 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Muggzy would hand out gold to who ever could kill him!

I think it was 50 gold but the bragging rights were priceless.

Steel_bomber_ #6 Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Flood the Tiers event would be nice: give all in that tier a "x5" exp and silver bonus for the duration of the event in that tier.

I think it would attract players.

The problem is, it won't attract new players, you have to arrange those events in higher tiers.

Make it a tier 2 "flood the tiers" and it's a seal clubbing event.

we need NEW human players, WG should focus on that !

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

AIjesus #7 Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:44 AM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
  • [_EFF_] _EFF_

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 03 July 2017 - 01:41 AM, said:

Flood the Tiers event would be nice: give all in that tier a "x5" exp and silver bonus for the duration of the event in that tier.

I think it would attract players.

The problem is, it won't attract new players, you have to arrange those events in higher tiers.

Make it a tier 2 "flood the tiers" and it's a seal clubbing event.

we need NEW human players, WG should focus on that !

They are focused on human players. Doing a good job too, driving them away.

I am seeking help writing the lyrics for a song about the quality of programming behind WoWP. The copyright will go to Creative Commons, so there will be no royalties, only name recognition. The song will be professionally recorded at my expense, and I will write and perform all of the music. All ideas are welcome except those that do not mock the programming team. Thanks.

Jaguardian #8 Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:32 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1 battle

Announce a WG person will fly this tier plane between such and such time.

If WG persons team wins and WG person stays alive, all players on his team get 10 gold.

If WG person dies and opposing team wins, all players on opposing team get 10 gold.

Simple and easy.

TeamTerrible #9 Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:57 PM

First Lieutenant

• 4 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostJaguardian, on 03 July 2017 - 09:32 AM, said:

Announce a WG person will fly this tier plane between such and such time.

If WG persons team wins and WG person stays alive, all players on his team get 10 gold.

If WG person dies and opposing team wins, all players on opposing team get 10 gold.

Simple and easy.

this....

EZP_MRKARP #10 Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:19 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 438 battles
oboy 10 gold not worth the time for 10 gold cheap 

MARS_REVENANT #11 Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:33 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles

View PostBobby_Tables, on 02 July 2017 - 08:18 PM, said:

Hey GhostPrime!

I know you tried to arrange battles between WGNA and other teams of players and that did not go so well.  

As you may or may not know there has been some turmoil in recent what I will call "arranged tournaments" and your idea most likely was just one of the victims.  

Here's what I would suggest for now:  The current player Meta is to win in the Hall of Fame.  That means killing lots of planes (bots, mostly) and gaining bragging rights by being the king of the hill.  So, if you want to get some people interested in playing, WGNA should do a "flood the tiers" type event (or multiple events preferably) in the public matches.  Say at such and such time, WGNA will be flying T6 (for example).  I think you will get more participation if it is ad-hoc like that.  

This is all IMHO, but I think trying to arrange dates and times and defined teams at this particular stage in game play [edit* and in the training room where no xp or other credits are gained*] is an exercise in futility.  

I am hoping this will change in the future as I am always up for arranged battles.  However, for now, if you all want to fight and add to player participation, arrange a date and time and tier and do it in the pub matches.  

I hope this makes sense.

Good Flying!  

If anything, the event was a failure due to the recent server disconnect issues, after that I would say Player Apathy.  Changing it to a public battles flood the tiers event would mean count inst with like 8 people, which would mean most would miss the battle and MM would create 2v2 or 3v3 battles.

The first event they did was quite successful, they just need to work on their timing.  From voting in past tournaments, people seemed least interested in Friday and Monday nights, and most interested in Thursday and Saturday battles.

One thing that should be noted is that GP and the rest of the WG staff are actually doing more for these events than WOT or WOWS which have similar, "count in" style events like you mentioned.  Now, WOT, and WOWS run a Twitch stream as well, but the staff usually consists of 1 person on air and 1 person running moderator account in the background, but they will division with you and do count-ins.  They have not to my knowledge got a group of staff and players together and chatted with them in Discord or TeamSpeak, that is something I really liked about the WOWP event.

We had nothing before, and GP has put together these events, the community should support that and participate.  From WG perspective, "we tried events and nobody showed up" The only way to improve the events is to participate and show that we are interested in continuing to have more.

The only thing I would recommend from  WG is to Twitch stream the events on a consistent schedule the same as WOT and WOWS.  That schedule is adverted on the WOWS and WOT portals and game launcher. That will garner more interest from players, and when have the population of players showing up, we can change the style of event.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 18 July 2017 - 01:36 PM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

GhostPrime #12 Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:32 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 19 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 18 July 2017 - 05:33 AM, said:

If anything, the event was a failure due to the recent server disconnect issues, after that I would say Player Apathy.  Changing it to a public battles flood the tiers event would mean count inst with like 8 people, which would mean most would miss the battle and MM would create 2v2 or 3v3 battles.

The first event they did was quite successful, they just need to work on their timing.  From voting in past tournaments, people seemed least interested in Friday and Monday nights, and most interested in Thursday and Saturday battles.

One thing that should be noted is that GP and the rest of the WG staff are actually doing more for these events than WOT or WOWS which have similar, "count in" style events like you mentioned.  Now, WOT, and WOWS run a Twitch stream as well, but the staff usually consists of 1 person on air and 1 person running moderator account in the background, but they will division with you and do count-ins.  They have not to my knowledge got a group of staff and players together and chatted with them in Discord or TeamSpeak, that is something I really liked about the WOWP event.

We had nothing before, and GP has put together these events, the community should support that and participate.  From WG perspective, "we tried events and nobody showed up" The only way to improve the events is to participate and show that we are interested in continuing to have more.

The only thing I would recommend from  WG is to Twitch stream the events on a consistent schedule the same as WOT and WOWS.  That schedule is adverted on the WOWS and WOT portals and game launcher. That will garner more interest from players, and when have the population of players showing up, we can change the style of event.

I like your thoughts, Mars. I will continue this event and improve upon it as it goes. :)  

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users