Cockpit View Mod Tease!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

mnbv_fockewulfe #1 Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4506 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I present to you cockpit view for World of Warplanes!

AOXkjaX.jpg

First I'd like to thank Zapperguy and Dr. Sinister for all the help they gave me to get this mod working.

Next I'd like to tell you that I'm not finished yet and the amount of planes that I can make cockpit views for is limited by the planes in my hangar and the small number of cameras I have to work with.

FOR JOYSTICK USERS ONLY. Currently it only works for joystick but I'll do my best to get it working for mouse users too.

The planes I have the camera mod working so far: P-51A/D, P-47B/D, XP-72, Fw 190A-1/5/D, Ta 152, Spitfire V.

More planes are coming and I hope to have a rudimentary version of the mod finished by the end of this week. I realize that I may not have to optimal camera positions for all planes, but it works and I will constantly be improving it as soon as I get feedback from the community.

Tell me what you think! Do you support my mod?

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Zapperguy #2 Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:07 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34048 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN
:great:

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

Mackunaima #3 Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20718 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

When you look around, you are still able to see the cockpit?

Do you a cockpit for each plane?

If yes, these cockpits differ about view and windows.

Eg.: P-51 is know by the very good view angle from cockpit.

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

GhostPrime #4 Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:22 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1639 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
Wow Pretty cool! I take it you are using the plane model, and inserting the camera in the actual cockpit of the plane?

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

Lou #5 Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7780 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Nice work, man it looks good!

wojowny #6 Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:13 PM

Senior Airman

• 13818 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Looks awesome, can't wait to try one.

DrSinister #7 Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:54 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 4871 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostGhostPrime, on 27 June 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

Wow Pretty cool! I take it you are using the plane model, and inserting the camera in the actual cockpit of the plane?

That is pretty much what he is doing.  That is how my 1st person view with no plane works too.  What is great that having the camera in the plane does affect the sounds.  Like I know when a Cannon or a MG is hitting me, I get a low thump when a a Cannon caliber is hitting me and then I get the handful of stones thrown at a metal shed sound on MGs hitting my plane. 

Also back in the day, when the cockpit canopy use to be able to break, I would hear muffled sounds then when the canopy broke, I would hear gushing wind.

Psicko23 #8 Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18880 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
 Awesome. I might have to give that a try sometime. I didn't care for the original one since it didn't have cockpit view. Any way to change the view from cockpit to 3rd person for replay videos?

mnbv_fockewulfe #9 Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4506 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMackunaima, on 27 June 2017 - 04:20 PM, said:

When you look around, you are still able to see the cockpit?

Do you a cockpit for each plane?

If yes, these cockpits differ about view and windows.

Eg.: P-51 is know by the very good view angle from cockpit.

Sort of. The way the camera is right now, when you look around it rotates around a radius instead of rotating in place. So If I look behind me instead of looking over my shoulder I'm out on the engine looking back. I'm going to try to fix this.

To answer yours and GP's question at the same time, yes I have a cockpit for each plane because I'm just placing the camera inside the plane model. In regards to the view, the camera deletes anything that is too close to the camera so in the above picture of the P-51 cockpit I'm not sure if the visibility is that good are the camera is deleting the sides of the cockpit.

View PostPsicko23, on 27 June 2017 - 11:09 PM, said:

Awesome. I might have to give that a try sometime. I didn't care for the original one since it didn't have cockpit view. Any way to change the view from cockpit to 3rd person for replay videos?

The easiest way to change it from 1st person to 3rd person again when the mod is installed is to rename the installed xml to something else (for example: aircraft_camera_presets(O).xml) watch the replay and then change the name back to the original when you start up the game again.

Thank you all for showing interest!

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

pigeon_kicker #10 Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 20010 battles
  • [SF] SF

Remember, there are 8 camera setup's tucked into the aircraft_camera_presets.xml file.

Meaning, there are 8 cameras that attach to the different aircraft models...

Edited by pigeon_kicker, 29 June 2017 - 09:14 PM.

If you want to make god laugh, tell him about your plans for survival..

Lead developer for the NACCW web site. Author of the Pigeon Pak Mod Installer

www.team-sf.com

mnbv_fockewulfe #11 Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4506 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Unfortunately most of the aircraft seem to use camera 2 lol.

And then there is this weird phenomena where for example: I set the tag <hide_aircraft_model> to show aircraft model in "camera2bigtail" with all the other ones set to hide model so I could find out which heavy fighters I have use that camera. Well turns out the P-38J uses that camera but when I go to change the camera position no changes are effected. I have this same problem when trying to edit the camera positions for mouse. I can't understand what would be causing this so its hit or miss with what cameras I can use and rather limits the number of planes I can make views for.

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

mnbv_fockewulfe #12 Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4506 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Modding breakthrough! I can add as many zoomData tables as I want so the number of aircraft I can have cockpit views for is greatly expanded!

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

pigeon_kicker #13 Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 20010 battles
  • [SF] SF

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 30 June 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

Modding breakthrough! I can add as many zoomData tables as I want so the number of aircraft I can have cockpit views for is greatly expanded!

Please explain....

www.team-sf.com

mnbv_fockewulfe #14 Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4506 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postpigeon_kicker, on 03 July 2017 - 06:46 PM, said:

Please explain....

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. It's been a month so while the effect of what I was able to do is similar to what I have working now, the way it works is now different.

Basically, in the aircraft_camera_presets.xml there is a list of cameras titled, "camera01", "camera02" ect.

What I did was make my own camera by copying one of the preexisting ones and renaming it, i.e. "cameraBf109E". Then I edited the aircrafts xml to use that camera. So far I've only been able to get two "extra" cameras working with there respective planes, but this is because I'm doing a little more editing to the aircrafts xml than just changing the camera. The process for me is very, precise.

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

pigeon_kicker #15 Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 20010 battles
  • [SF] SF

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 28 July 2017 - 09:45 AM, said:

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. It's been a month so while the effect of what I was able to do is similar to what I have working now, the way it works is now different.

Basically, in the aircraft_camera_presets.xml there is a list of cameras titled, "camera01", "camera02" ect.

What I did was make my own camera by copying one of the preexisting ones and renaming it, i.e. "cameraBf109E". Then I edited the aircrafts xml to use that camera. So far I've only been able to get two "extra" cameras working with there respective planes, but this is because I'm doing a little more editing to the aircrafts xml than just changing the camera. The process for me is very, precise.

Nice

www.team-sf.com

DrSinister #16 Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:13 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 4871 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Yes, forgot to tell you that mnbv_fockewulfe, but you figured it out.  It is interesting how much you can add to the xml and use it on the plane's xml.  

That is how I have started to find lazy coding.  Back when the P-51H was introduced, they just copy and pasted the data from P-51D and forgot to change some of the image reference to the P-51H files, since it still reference to P-51D images.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users