• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Noreaga #41 Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:39 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8732 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostRaider_Bane, on 28 June 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

At this point, my thought is to train in how to make the aircraft do what you want it to do, the mechanics I guess one could say. Yaw, post up and down, brakes, boost, coming out of a stall, rolling (both a simple roll and the "WarPlanes death roll"), and with new new pilots, definitions of the words we are using along with some physics involved.  I am  thinking of the very beginning mechanical basics.  Along with this, of course, tactics would need to be taught, B&Z (horizontal and vertical), T&B, enemy assessment (perhaps that would be a more intermediate course) and basic energy management.

I am a bit saddened to say that tactics against bots would be a side course, but the objective is to prepare them to fight you guys one day as they progress up the tiers.  I certainly hope someone would take it from there to teach them how one must grow, and change, as one flies in higher tiers.  But that is not for me, that is for someone else.

I do want all of you to know I am reading and making notes on every suggestion and advice you give here.  I am becoming even more excited about developing the school!

I will comment on one thing mentioned, and that is the ones who would sabotage the training.  Those of course would be expelled from the school, one by one, alt by alt, as they offer nothing of value just as some who post in these threads have nothing to offer of value.  I will also add, at this point because there is no WG involvement, therefore no game wide advertising, the school can be a close knit and small effort with a good ability to weed out the valueless. 

Looking forward to reading more wisdom from you pilots!

ok, the thought process here is very good, but there is a little bit of the history repeating factor.

Personally i tried to start a training program (among many others who tried and gave up). 

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/36829-community-instructor-program/page__hl__noreaga__fromsearch__1

that was my attempt, now can anyone guess how many people took us on it ?

best of luck with this, but most people who complain about fairness are not interested in putting time in to get better (please note the "most" and not all).

Nimis obnoxii curare

GeorgePatton #42 Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:58 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7716 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostNoreaga, on 29 June 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

that was my attempt, now can anyone guess how many people took us on it ?

best of luck with this, but most people who complain about fairness are not interested in putting time in to get better (please note the "most" and not all).

This is also one of the main reasons I think it should be something with Wargaming oversight of some kind - it would allow them to promote it more directly and potentially funnel new players into the school rather than them just saying 'oh, there's a player run thing if you want to get better'.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Raider_Bane #43 Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:04 AM

Senior Airman

• 160 battles
  • [E_R] E_R

Hello all I've had this idea since release never really wanted to get it going as it is a lot of work but i figure there are alot of people here who flight up and help out the new people. I Thought i would post what i had made and see if anyone was interested in at least the idea.

I will start on Sunday if it fails i wasted a an hour and half 

Community Instructor Program (CIP)

Feeling a little lost or wondering why you can never catch that plane pointing its nose to the sky? Welcome to WOWP CIP, this player run program was created to supply the new and old pilots with what they need to have an enjoyable experience in the not so simple world of Air to Air combat.  

Drop in times; it is exactly what it says! Not sure if you really want to do this or you want to get some extra practice, come on by at the times below.

Drop in 

1. NoreagaFridays 19:00-20:30 (not available March 6th & Sundays 10:30-12:00 Eastern.   cancelled until april

Are you ready to get a little more serious? Then let one of our volunteer instructors fly with you and get you up to speed on WOWP basics like altitude bands, gunnery ranges, plane types, solo tactics and basic flight tactics.               

Bookings

Each booking will be 30 minute long, but can be extended at the discretion of the instructor and student.

Beginner session:

10 minutes of plane set-up, control settings and training room basics of flight.

20 minutes of T2-3 Flight up with your instructor and play while working on situational awareness, energy, and gunnery.

Advanced Beginner & Intermediate Beginner:

Session will cover topics requested by the Student during initial booking.   Some possible topics include Energy management, gunnery, BnZ tactics, TnB Tactics, Heavy Fighter play, light fighter play.

Here are our instructors message them and set up a time, please book 48 hours in advanced the instructors have a real life too.

All booking must be done via the forum message system and must be confirmed by the instructor.

1. Noreaga (beginner & intermediate) I am free for booking Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
  1. Losttwo (tier 1-6) Send pm to set up a time
  2. Zen 35 Send pm to set up a time
  3. Psiscko23 (beginner) Pm to set up a time

Rules:

It is expected that all parties involved behave with respect

Offensive language or offensive chat is prohibited while participating in CIP activities

It is prohibited to be disruptive to the class, participants may be asked to leave at the discretion of the instructor.

All booking must be done via the forum message system and must be confirmed by the instructor.

Please be aware that CIP reserves the right to block further participation in our activities, and will review rule violation on a case by case basis.

WIP has a zero tolerance policy on War-gaming TOS breaches any breach will result in immediate removal from all WIP activities.

If anyone is interested in getting involved ill need help with:

people hanging around the help chat in game (not sure if it is still there ) or we create one just to answer those little question.

Instructors (beginner, intermediate or advanced)

Special guest lectures or videos Choose a training related topic you would like

Ideas, you got something you think will work here bring it up !

Administration, if we hit more than 10 instructors then ill needs help,

Making the first page easier to read and getting some instructor bios up that is all way beyond me,

also a neutral TS server would make things easier but that is long term

Noreaga, I copied your excellent post here for easier reference.

I think where we will differ is I will be starting much smaller.  I, and whoever would also help with pushing it, would advertise and push it during battles in an effort to get just a few students. I would go so far as to PM individuals to populate the starting classes and go from there. If BIG happens, it happens, but I will begin very small.  I think the push will need to be mostly during battles and with the PMs.  As a pilot or a few of them see the worth of the training, I may can get them to also advertise, pointing them to me or whoever, and to the web site.  This will be a long, slow effort, but with constant attention and pushing, perhaps it will slowly catch on.

Psicko23 #44 Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:12 AM

First Lieutenant

• 19643 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
I totally forgot about that Nor. I never received a single pm from anyone wanting help.

Chuck_norris10 #45 Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:48 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22691 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

300 players on tonight,maybe they should focus on the bad server thats causing a lot of old and new pilots to not be able to play first.

No game will last long with this population and poor QC on their servers.

edit-240 players.

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 01 July 2017 - 07:28 AM.

Noreaga #46 Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:39 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8732 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

interesting takes and interesting plan. 

If i can figure out how to update my game without the WG centre killing my computer, ill volunteer for beginner class teaching . Been out of the game too long to be able to help people deal with more advanced stuff.

i am not putting any more mental energy into getting things going here, but i can always log on for 30-45min. 

Nimis obnoxii curare

WhoaBlackBetty #47 Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:46 PM

Airman Basic

• 1851 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I will be helping with the GAA tactics part some.

Edited by WhoaBlackBetty, 03 July 2017 - 03:47 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #48 Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:35 PM

Major

• 34309 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostNoreaga, on 03 July 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

interesting takes and interesting plan. 

If i can figure out how to update my game without the WG centre killing my computer, ill volunteer for beginner class teaching . Been out of the game too long to be able to help people deal with more advanced stuff.

i am not putting any more mental energy into getting things going here, but i can always log on for 30-45min. 

Just do a live stream on Twitch.  Whoever shows up shows up and for those that cant make it they can watch the video later.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

GhostPrime #49 Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:16 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1654 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
I have removed the off topic posting. Please keep the thread on topic. 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

PhoinexFire #50 Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:17 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9130 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I think Bobo would be good at running a school for new pilots. Along with maybe Magus, or George Patton. The most senior guys here should run it. Not WG, though. I'd want more community involvement. 

Noreaga #51 Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:06 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8732 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 03 July 2017 - 02:35 PM, said:

Just do a live stream on Twitch.  Whoever shows up shows up and for those that cant make it they can watch the video later.

well after last night, i dought anyone would want to sit and watch 2 hour long episodes of " what not to do". 

its always easier to make a lesson plan, and clearly set out your goals. When flying in the pubs, its seat of your pants more than a timed progression of skills.

Nimis obnoxii curare

MARS_REVENANT #52 Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:40 PM

Major

• 34309 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostNoreaga, on 06 July 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

well after last night, i dought anyone would want to sit and watch 2 hour long episodes of " what not to do". 

its always easier to make a lesson plan, and clearly set out your goals. When flying in the pubs, its seat of your pants more than a timed progression of skills.

Well I i meant go through your lesson plan over Twitch, you don't necessarily need to be flying pub battles.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Rounne #53 Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:46 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1249 battles

View Post_Warchylde_, on 27 June 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

I am sorry Warchild. There are many secrets to success. If you doubt this, then just listen to Earl Nightingales CD's. What are some of those secrets? I can tell you some of them now.

1. Be the first to say hello

This is a simple rule that will teach people to be the initiator instead of the receiver. Most people go through life in a reactionary mode waiting to react to others. But the best way to be successful is to be the initiator of the action. Then, everyone else is immediately put into reactionary mode while you take the immediate leadership role temporarily. Be the first to initiate positive action and learn leadership and confidence over time. It's a secret because it goes against our normal "wait and see" or defensive posture.

2. Almost anything is obtainable

This is truly a secret that usually only business owners and the rich ever truly learn. Most people go though life paycheck to paycheck never really understanding that almost anything in life is obtainable. That isn't the problem. The problem as Christ said, was "What does it profit a man to gain the entire world only to lose his soul." The reality of Christ's statement is that almost anything really is obtainable. But most people simply don't understand business, politics, power, or leverage in order to ever really learn that almost anything is obtainable. As Thomas Edison said, "Genius is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration". But most people go through life wanting a different life but never really believing or understanding that they can have what they want. Instead, they believe the exact opposite that they are stuck or what they really want is out of reach.

There are tons of more secrets to success. They are secrets because they go completely against conventional ideas of life and peoples outlook and behavior. Most of these secrets actually do need to be taught precisely because they go against conventional ideas and behavior. A school that teaches people to fly better is what works in real life, so, it obviously works in the game as well. What always made me laugh about wargaming is that they never once in so many years understood that they could make more money by offering a teaching program for their games on their own. Most game companies never learn this lesson. 

Edited by Rounne, 01 August 2017 - 03:52 AM.

Noreaga #54 Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:48 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8732 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostRounne, on 31 July 2017 - 10:46 PM, said:

I am sorry Warchild. There are many secrets to success. If you doubt this, then just listen to Earl Nightingales CD's. What are some of those secrets? I can tell you some of them now.

1. Be the first to say hello

This is a simple rule that will teach people to be the initiator instead of the receiver. Most people go through life in a reactionary mode waiting to react to others. But the best way to be successful is to be the initiator of the action. Then, everyone else is immediately put into reactionary mode while you take the immediate leadership role temporarily. Be the first to initiate positive action and learn leadership and confidence over time. It's a secret because it goes against our normal "wait and see" or defensive posture.

2. Almost anything is obtainable

This is truly a secret that usually only business owners and the rich ever truly learn. Most people go though life paycheck to paycheck never really understanding that almost anything in life is obtainable. That isn't the problem. The problem as Christ said, was "What does it profit a man to gain the entire world only to lose his soul." The reality of Christ's statement is that almost anything really is obtainable. But most people simply don't understand business, politics, power, or leverage in order to ever really learn that almost anything is obtainable. As Thomas Edison said, "Genius is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration". But most people go through life wanting a different life but never really believing or understanding that they can have what they want. Instead, they believe the exact opposite that they are stuck or what they really want is out of reach.

There are tons of more secrets to success. They are secrets because they go completely against conventional ideas of life and peoples outlook and behavior. Most of these secrets actually do need to be taught precisely because they go against conventional ideas and behavior. A school that teaches people to fly better is what works in real life, so, it obviously works in the game as well. What always made me laugh about wargaming is that they never once in so many years understood that they could make more money by offering a teaching program for their games on their own. Most game companies never learn this lesson. 

you are sort of saying what war was saying, its not a secret its common sense. Set goals, be pro-active, and put in the work to reach them, don't wait around complaining about fairness. in short fight for what you want and don't expect someone else to do it, or to make the road fair and easy for you. 

"one man's common sense is another man's revelation"

Nimis obnoxii curare

Cowboyhiho #55 Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22013 battles

My rules for being the best average pilot you can be.

1. Turn on computer 

2. Go out on deck with favorite beverage (beer or wine usually), have a puff.

3. Return to computer, turn on TV to favorite show (in my case on wall to right of monitor so I can see both clearly).

4. Plaster smile on my face, fire up my favorite game WoWP.

5. Repeat step 2.

6. Play with enthusiasm, if tv is at good part, put on pause until end of match. Compliment any notable achievement in game play by human

7. Repeat step 2.

8. Repeat step 6.

9. Repeat step 2, if still able to navigate to deck.

I play to enjoy and in spite of my cavilier attitude, the more I play the better I get. I must admit my kill and win ratio heads to the cellar after step 8.

Have fun, see all in the skies when I back from vacation.

hiho

:playing:

Tuesdaysgone #56 Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:20 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6926 battles

View PostCowboyhiho, on 03 August 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

My rules for being the best average pilot you can be.

1. Turn on computer 

2. Go out on deck with favorite beverage (beer or wine usually), have a puff.

3. Return to computer, turn on TV to favorite show (in my case on wall to right of monitor so I can see both clearly).

4. Plaster smile on my face, fire up my favorite game WoWP.

5. Repeat step 2.

6. Play with enthusiasm, if tv is at good part, put on pause until end of match. Compliment any notable achievement in game play by human

7. Repeat step 2.

8. Repeat step 6.

9. Repeat step 2, if still able to navigate to deck.

I play to enjoy and in spite of my cavilier attitude, the more I play the better I get. I must admit my kill and win ratio heads to the cellar after step 8.

Have fun, see all in the skies when I back from vacation.

hiho

:playing:

Show off, having a deck And a tv, hard to hide money,  you had me after beer and a puff!:medal:

"Virgil Caine is my name, and I served on the Danville train"
Not Scared to play SOLO!

GouIdy #57 Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:37 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18623 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostTuesdaysgone, on 04 August 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

Show off, having a deck And a tv, hard to hide money,  you had me after beer and a puff!:medal:

Don't lie Tuesday, with your low standards he had you at turns computer on.

Swearengen5 #58 Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:54 PM

Master Sergeant

• 6065 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST

A school (training program and or tutorial) would likely benefit the game through player retention.

I usually give new guys some exposure to ACM with illustrations.  This helps them quite a bit to understand which maneuvers are offensive and defensive (and which to NOT attempt against certain opponents).

e.g.  https://en.wikipedia...r_maneuvers     and   http://www.combatair...ics/Air-To-Air/

Edited by Swearengen5, 12 August 2017 - 05:12 PM.

Jeanne_Atkins #59 Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:18 AM

Airman Basic

• 1264 battles
  • [FK] FK
I would love to have more training. Our clan doesn't have any practice sections and I think they should.

Psicko23 #60 Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:55 AM

First Lieutenant

• 19643 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostJeanne_Atkins, on 30 August 2017 - 01:18 AM, said:

I would love to have more training. Our clan doesn't have any practice sections and I think they should.

if you have a headset, the best bet is flighting with a good pilot with a 3rd party comm program and have them teach you that way. 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users