• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

hawkeyededic #1 Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:10 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 148 battles

F4U-4 VMF-323 "Death Rattlers" USMC, USS Sicliy, Korea, June 1951

Replaces the marine skin.

According to squadron history, VMF-323 got its name when three of it's pilots killed a large rattlesnake and hung its skin in the squadron's ready room while training prior to it's entry into WWII. The Death Rattlers first combat was from Kadena Field in support of operations during the Battle of Okinawa in April 1945, racking up 125 kills without a single loss, producing 12 Aces during it's short time in combat.

When the Korean War began in 1950, VMF-323 began combat operations as part of Marine Aircraft Group 33 (MAG-33), supporting ground forces in the Battle of Pusan Perimeter, Battle of Inchon, Battle of Chosin Reservoir and almost every other major campaign of the conflict. During action near Kosong, on August 11, 1950, a VMF-323 Corsair pilot, Captain Vivian M. Moses, became the first Marine aviator killed in Korea. The unit also took part in the attack on the Sui-ho Dam in June 1952. The squadron was re-designated Marine Attack Squadron 323 (VMA-323) in June, 1952 and returned home to MCAS El Toro in July 1953.  

Jerry Coleman, then Second Baseman for the New York Yankees, 2005 inductee to the Baseball Hall of Fame as a broadcaster for the San Fransico Padres and 2011 inductee to the International Aerospace Hall of Fame, flew with VMA-323 during the Korean War.

<<<NOTES>>>

There are 3 versions of this skin in the compressed file.

First is a Custom skin with all markings painted on, this version requires the files to remove the US markings found at https://onedrive.liv...DD90047E8D5705. replaces the default marine skin.

Second is a Default version which has all markings painted on except the US National markings and requires no additional downloads. Replaces the default marine skin.

Finally there is an Unmarked version, this is a simple navy blue camouflage version with no markings at all, and is intended to be used with the in game markings, nose art and emblems, it does not have the name or any other markings on it that replaces the default hangar skin.

You can download this skin at: deathrattler.zip

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

GhostPrime #2 Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:30 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 19 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

Another great skin! 

I do have a question about the star, is the top point a little longer than the rest, or is that the camera?

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

hawkeyededic #3 Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:36 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 148 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on 26 June 2017 - 10:30 AM, said:

Another great skin! 

I do have a question about the star, is the top point a little longer than the rest, or is that the camera?

It's the camera angle combined with the shape of the fuselage.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users