Ki-84,73rd Sentai, Philippines 1945.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

hawkeyededic #1 Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:02 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 148 battles

Ki-84 Hayate (Frank), 2nd Chutai, 73rd Sentai, Philippine, early 1945.

Replacement for the default winter camouflage.

The 73rd Sentai was formed in May 1944 together with its sister units in the 21st Air Brigade, the 71st and 72nd Sentai. Formed at Kita-Ise the unit moved to  Taisho, Tokorozava in Japan until they moved to Mabalacat and Bamban, on the main island of Luzon,  Philippines.  The unit provided third phase reinforcement to the Philippines as part of Sho Go # 1 staging via Shanghai and Heito, Formosa. It's few surviving aircrew were evacuated and the unit evacuated in January 1945 and the 73rd was unofficially disbanded in March 1945, its surviving pilots and aircraft being incorporated into the 71st Sentai which had been transferred to the 12th Air Division.

The tail markings where not distinguished by the Chutai color, instead red was applied on unpainted aircraft while white was used on camouflaged examples. The Chutai color marker was applied to the lower rudder on which the aircraft number was painted.

<<<<<NOTE>>>>>

Due to a mistake on my part this skin is being released with no unmarked variant. I inadvertently deleted the source file once finished with the aircraft markings, making it so I would have to start from scratch to make an unmarked version.

You can download it at: Ki-84_73rh_Sentai.zip

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

spaceghost2 #2 Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:37 PM

Senior Airman

• 84 battles
  • [-IBF-] -IBF-
Cool :honoring: 

Quesnel #3 Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:20 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 49 battles
Good stuff Hawk :great:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users