21 replies to this topic

Zen35 #1 Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:37 PM

Aerial Ninjitsu

• Community Ace
  • 3758 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Greetings all....

Been awhile....

Got the new rig setup and running and tried to D/L WOWP and all of the games WG has.....

WOWS came down and installed with no problem....

But the other two games WOWP & WOT will just hang and never D/L....

Firewall is off....

Anyone have any suggestions or have been thru this?

yes I know this probably inst the right area to post this but this area has the most traffic....

Thanks in Advance

If you see the Tracers...............It's too late

RedSpartacus #2 Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17318 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
I don't have that problem. Do a sanity check and look at the available space on your hard drive. Then check the log files of the console if they give a hint what's going on.
  RUN WITH THE PACK

Zen35 #3 Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:50 PM

Aerial Ninjitsu

• Community Ace
  • 3758 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostRedSpartacus, on 15 June 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

I don't have that problem. Do a sanity check and look at the available space on your hard drive. Then check the log files of the console if they give a hint what's going on.

Installing on a 1TB drive...... 900GB available....

Aaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnddddddddd problem found......

I am short on patience......... now WOT is installing.......:facepalm:

GouIdy #4 Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:51 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18244 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

For WOT do the installation manually from the WOT site & when it is completely installed run the launcher & then you can add WOT to the game center.

For WOWP my only suggestion is to keep restarting the WGC until the download for WOWP starts. Keep in mind that you need to close the WGC from the taskbar because it runs in the background.

Edited by GouIdy, 15 June 2017 - 05:52 PM.

Zen35 #5 Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:53 PM

Aerial Ninjitsu

• Community Ace
  • 3758 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostGouIdy, on 15 June 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

For WOT do the installation manually from the WOT site & when it is completely installed run the launcher & then you can add WOT to the game center.

For WOWP my only suggestion is to keep restarting the WGC until the download for WOWP starts. Keep in mind that you need to close the WGC from the taskbar because it runs in the background.

Thanks Gouldy... will try that when WOT is done....

ArrowZ_ #6 Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:52 PM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 9522 battles
There's a name i haven't seen in a while. WB :playing:

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

GhostPrime #7 Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:43 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1540 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostZen35, on 15 June 2017 - 09:50 AM, said:

Installing on a 1TB drive...... 900GB available....

Aaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnddddddddd problem found......

I am short on patience......... now WOT is installing.......:facepalm:

​Have you submitted a ticket to support? 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

Zen35 #8 Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:45 PM

Aerial Ninjitsu

• Community Ace
  • 3758 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostGhostPrime, on 16 June 2017 - 01:43 PM, said:

​Have you submitted a ticket to support? 

Yes

And everything they have suggested hasn't worked....

I decided to rip out everything and start from scratch......

Uninstalled everything....manually and thru CTRL Panel.....

After 2 hrs I was able to get WOWS to install.....

But the console installs keep saying the same thing for WOT & WOWP.....

"Unable to download updates......Check your IE connection"

Im running this of a T1 at work.....

WOT and WOWP just will not install.....

I mean this is getting old .....

not sure what else to do......

I've also tried everything people on here have suggested.....

Edited by Zen35, 16 June 2017 - 09:46 PM.

GouIdy #9 Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:13 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18244 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

#1 Uninstall everything including temp files, I have heard ccleaner works to get rid of the files left behind after uninstalling but I do it manually by searching for & deleting. The games & WGC both leave behind files after you uninstall them. The key here is making sure you get all files left behind deleted so you can do a clean install.

The file path to the temp files you need to delete will look something like this     C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net  

#2 Install WOT using their installer DO NOT install the WGC

#3 Install WOW using their installer DO NOT install the WGC

#4 Unfortunately now you must install the WGC to download & install WOWP, after you get WOWP installed then you can link the other two games to the WGC.

Edited by GouIdy, 16 June 2017 - 10:22 PM.

Zen35 #10 Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:37 PM

Aerial Ninjitsu

• Community Ace
  • 3758 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostGouIdy, on 16 June 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

#1 Uninstall everything including temp files, I have heard ccleaner works to get rid of the files left behind after uninstalling but I do it manually by searching for & deleting. The games & WGC both leave behind files after you uninstall them. The key here is making sure you get all files left behind deleted so you can do a clean install.

The file path to the temp files you need to delete will look something like this     C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net  

#2 Install WOT using their installer DO NOT install the WGC

#3 Install WOW using their installer DO NOT install the WGC

#4 Unfortunately now you must install the WGC to download & install WOWP, after you get WOWP installed then you can link the other two games to the WGC.

Tried to do that but it keeps running that damn console......

This is getting out of hand.....

Just about ready to give up...

GouIdy #11 Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:00 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18244 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

You need to uninstall the console (WGC) & the temp files for it.

Install the two games that don't require the console WOT & WOW then WOWP which does require the use of the Wargaming game center.

Longsite #12 Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:30 PM

Master Sergeant

• 32246 battles

Hey dude
    I think I have a suggestion for U about your problem.  First U stated that U are doing this on a T1 at work, so it would seem that U are in a AD domain that has administrator rules.  Logon into the domain as the administrator or give yourself admin rights. Turn off all your firewall on the computer or make an exception for WOWS and WOWP in the firewall and virus protection software. 

That should give U the ability to download and install all updates.  Or U could just download the game on a memory stick from a computer that is not at your job and take it to work and install it on the computer that U want to run it on.    Good luck...

yyt_hero #13 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:44 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 15679 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
I am only running the wowp have not installed the other two because I don't play them. I do use the console to get on but I don't have wot or ships down loaded. Should I down load the two I have not downloaded? I am having horrible lag just played and it looks like the plane is kinda blurry No not from smoking weed lol. Any help would be appreciated, have sent in a ticket but no response yet,

RedSpartacus #14 Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17318 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View Postyyt_hero, on 18 June 2017 - 10:44 PM, said:

I am only running the wowp have not installed the other two because I don't play them. I do use the console to get on but I don't have wot or ships down loaded. Should I down load the two I have not downloaded? I am having horrible lag just played and it looks like the plane is kinda blurry No not from smoking weed lol. Any help would be appreciated, have sent in a ticket but no response yet,

Try to start the game manually, see here:
http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/49428-game-center-wgc-network-traffic-disaster-tested-and-very-very-clear/page__fromsearch__1
  RUN WITH THE PACK

Zen35 #15 Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:10 PM

Aerial Ninjitsu

• Community Ace
  • 3758 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostLongsite, on 18 June 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

Hey dude
    I think I have a suggestion for U about your problem.  First U stated that U are doing this on a T1 at work, so it would seem that U are in a AD domain that has administrator rules.  Logon into the domain as the administrator or give yourself admin rights. Turn off all your firewall on the computer or make an exception for WOWS and WOWP in the firewall and virus protection software. 

That should give U the ability to download and install all updates.  Or U could just download the game on a memory stick from a computer that is not at your job and take it to work and install it on the computer that U want to run it on.    Good luck...

Hey Long Site....

I'm using an outside line that not on our domain.....

We use it for things just like this   LOL

I have done complete un-installs and re-installs and its WOWP that will not install....

Now for some reason we are all forced to install that POS Console before we can do anything else.....

I have asked support many times ... is there a way to install this without having to use the console....

Can't get an answer....... Every answer is just a copy and Paste of their previous answers....

I'm at Wits end.....

pyantoryng #16 Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:13 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12041 battles
WGC compatibility to Win 7?

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Zen35 #17 Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:44 PM

Aerial Ninjitsu

• Community Ace
  • 3758 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postpyantoryng, on 19 June 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

WGC compatibility to Win 7?

Yep.... did that also.....

I don't know what to try now.....

I need a "safe space" and a "therapy puppy"........

I'm so offended...   LOL

ArrowZ_ #18 Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:59 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 9522 battles

I feel like I should share a form of solution here so you can get airborne. But everything that has been said is what I would have typed. Only thing that I would question is your network connectivity and whether you're doing this at home or at work (you mentioned something about t1 at work?). Not sure if changing your isp through a vpn might work. 

The only major problem i have with WGC and wowp is having to restart the WGC since it sits there for a while without downloading or updating the client. I have to repeat this process 3 times or more just to update the freaking game. Talk about launching a buggy launcher. It's not like this is anything new tho. I suspected a flaw the moment they introduced this unified launcher with very little notice. 

Edited by ArrowZ_, 20 June 2017 - 03:59 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

Longsite #19 Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:29 AM

Master Sergeant

• 32246 battles

Hey Zen35

Just a few question, is the computer that U want to run the game on in the domain? I know that U stated that the line is outside the domain so where is the compute in this situation.  Is it a stand alone unit outside the domain? Also what are u on the computer that u are trying to installing the game on, are U just a user or an administrator?  U need to be a administrator on the computer or at least be in the administrator group to download and install the game.   Lastly only 2 things would stop U from downloading the game, first is a firewall and second is a virus protection program....  Lastly if U don't have the admin rights the game will just looks like its downloading but it will just sit there spinning....  Trying downloading something like adobe reader or its update if its already on the computer and if that works U should be able to download the game.  If it doesn't then U need admin rights...   Good luck and let me know what happens....    Longsite

Zen35 #20 Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:41 PM

Aerial Ninjitsu

• Community Ace
  • 3758 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostLongsite, on 20 June 2017 - 01:29 AM, said:

Hey Zen35

Just a few question, is the computer that U want to run the game on in the domain? I know that U stated that the line is outside the domain so where is the compute in this situation.  Is it a stand alone unit outside the domain? Also what are u on the computer that u are trying to installing the game on, are U just a user or an administrator?  U need to be a administrator on the computer or at least be in the administrator group to download and install the game.   Lastly only 2 things would stop U from downloading the game, first is a firewall and second is a virus protection program....  Lastly if U don't have the admin rights the game will just looks like its downloading but it will just sit there spinning....  Trying downloading something like adobe reader or its update if its already on the computer and if that works U should be able to download the game.  If it doesn't then U need admin rights...   Good luck and let me know what happens....    Longsite

Hey Long Site....

The PC isn't on a domain..... Its my personal PC from home...... I'm just using the outside line at work....

Im in the Administrator Group

I turned off the firewall for now... Even turned off Win Defender....

Now here is the fun part.....

Yesterday..... Grey Beard sent me a link to where I could D/L WOWS without having to use the console garbage.....

It ran like a charm...... no issues with WOWS and its running great......

So now I have WOT & WOWS running correctly.....

Its' just WOWP that isn't .........  And all I keep getting from the submitted tickets are just copy and paste answers.....

If I could just get a direct link to D/L WOWP... I would be set to go....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users