Jump to content


Why S.I.C.K.?


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #1 Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:48 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 1,624
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

 

WHY S.I.C.K

 

 (1). No Drama - No really, No Drama - No Power Struggles, No detrimental attitudes - Really, it’s True

 

(2). A full active playing clan roster -  Not like other clans that have 40 players that haven’t played in over two years stocked in the pixilated clan locker for numbers and false perceptions.

 

(3) Wargaming failed to grant WOWP Players Clan Wars or end game Content, so S.I.C.K does not require hour long training sessions, mandatory meetings, or required to be in TeamSpeak, and or any teamspeak relative, i.e. Discord, Mumble, Etc, communiqué.

 

(4) Everyone is treated fairly  - i.e. Mars once again tweaked the S.I.C.K Rating System to include positives for amounts of games played, hence respecting the tenured players, 20,000, 30,000, etc; games played – this contributes to in game promotions -  The S.I.C.K rating by MARS is truly a nice feature that excludes prejudices. Some clans promote on the Boys Club agenda; or as I like to call them the ‘Sunshine Boys” 

 

(5) S.I.C.K will never promote a player based on - “He’s a nice guy” he’s my online best of friend!” NO NO - you’re promoted because of your piloting skills and attributes, you can be a Martian for all I care. Can’t Speak English, I don’t care, is the applicant an “ALT” I DON’T CARE -   I care that you have a 60% win rate or better! That’s it and that is all!

 

(6) Lastly, if you can only play once a week, if you’re on a leave of absence cause of family - I’m good, family always comes first!

 

Thanks all,

 

MALICE - AKA; SOJO

 

 

http://na.wargaming....owp/1000043592/

 


Edited by MALICE_AT_BIRTH, 06 August 2017 - 01:40 PM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

 

 

                                                    


mnbv_fockewulfe #2 Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:04 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 52 battles
  • 1,710
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013
:popcorn:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #3 Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:19 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 116 battles
  • 2,174
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostMALICE_AT_BIRTH, on 15 June 2017 - 11:48 AM, said:

 

WHY S.I.C.K

 

 (1). No Drama - No really, No Drama - No Power Struggles, No detrimental attitudes - Really, it’s True

 

(2). A full active playing clan roster -  Not like other clans that have 40 players that haven’t played in over two years stocked in the pixilated clan locker for numbers and false perceptions.

 

(3) No Clan wars, no end game Content, hence no hour long training sessions, mandatory meetings, or required to be in TeamSpeak, and or any teamspeak relative, i.e. Discord, Mumble, Etc, communiqué.

 

(4) Everyone is treated fairly  - i.e. Mars once again tweaked the S.I.C.K Rating System to include positives for amounts of games played, hence respecting the tenured players, 20,000, 30,000 games played – this contributes to in game promotions -  The S.I.C.K rating by MARS is truly a nice feature that excludes prejudices. Some clans promote on the Boys Club or as I like to call them the ‘Sunshine Boys” 

 

(5) S.I.C.K will never promote a player based on - “He’s a nice guy” he’s my online best of friend!” NO NO - you’re promoted because your piloting skills and attributes, you can be a Martian for all I care. Can’t Speak English, I don’t care, is the applicant an “ALT” I DON’T CARE -   I care that you have a 60% win rate or better! That’s it and that is all!

 

(6) Lastly, if you can only play once a week, if you’re on a leave of absence cause of family - I’m good, family always comes first!

 

 

 

chuck hates the old boys club... they gang up on the innocents and cause discomfort

you should look him up and see if he's available in-between strip mining the wilderness for profit...


Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 15 June 2017 - 06:23 PM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Jaguardian #4 Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:19 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 969
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Hypothetical question.  Lets say the worlds align and WoWP 2.0 is good and draws in many players.  Lets say WoWP gets some form of end game content and or clan type battles and draws even more people into the game.  Lastly, lets say Sick is nearing the 100 player limit and the population has increased to the point where Sick can be more selective with the people you allow in the clan.  Will you:

A. Not accept any more players because you are at the limit

B. Retain the active 60% players and replace inactive players with the current 60% requirement

C. Raise the standard to 65% (original requirement) and grandfather active sub 65% players

D. Raise the standard to 65% and give a grace period to all the sub 65% players to get up to 65% or they get kicked

E. Raise the standard to 65% and kick those with a sub 65% win rate

 

Since you put winning above everything else, just trying to understand what the Sick environment would be in a robust WoWP game that has the game modes and competition options that were announced at the start of this game and what many have been asking for.



Jaguardian #5 Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:18 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 969
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Another hypothetical question you can choose to ignore.

 

If clan battles were at some point implemented, would you disband the SICK clan if your clan battles win rate dropped below 60%?



EspressoForHammy #6 Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:52 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • 4,462
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostJaguardian, on 03 July 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

Hypothetical question.  Lets say the worlds align and WoWP 2.0 is good and draws in many players.  Lets say WoWP gets some form of end game content and or clan type battles and draws even more people into the game.  Lastly, lets say Sick is nearing the 100 player limit and the population has increased to the point where Sick can be more selective with the people you allow in the clan.  Will you:

A. Not accept any more players because you are at the limit

B. Retain the active 60% players and replace inactive players with the current 60% requirement

C. Raise the standard to 65% (original requirement) and grandfather active sub 65% players

D. Raise the standard to 65% and give a grace period to all the sub 65% players to get up to 65% or they get kicked

E. Raise the standard to 65% and kick those with a sub 65% win rate

 

Since you put winning above everything else, just trying to understand what the Sick environment would be in a robust WoWP game that has the game modes and competition options that were announced at the start of this game and what many have been asking for.

 

SOJO has already made it clear that the only reason for SICK's WR driven recruitment policy is because there's ZERO clan wars or competitive events driven by WG. I doubt he could have been MORE clear on it, because I've seen him write into posts 100+ times...

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

 


MARS_REVENANT #7 Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:53 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 809 battles
  • 8,013
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostJaguardian, on 03 July 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

Hypothetical question.  Lets say the worlds align and WoWP 2.0 is good and draws in many players.  Lets say WoWP gets some form of end game content and or clan type battles and draws even more people into the game.  Lastly, lets say Sick is nearing the 100 player limit and the population has increased to the point where Sick can be more selective with the people you allow in the clan.  Will you:

A. Not accept any more players because you are at the limit

B. Retain the active 60% players and replace inactive players with the current 60% requirement

C. Raise the standard to 65% (original requirement) and grandfather active sub 65% players

D. Raise the standard to 65% and give a grace period to all the sub 65% players to get up to 65% or they get kicked

E. Raise the standard to 65% and kick those with a sub 65% win rate

 

Since you put winning above everything else, just trying to understand what the Sick environment would be in a robust WoWP game that has the game modes and competition options that were announced at the start of this game and what many have been asking for.

 

View PostJaguardian, on 24 July 2017 - 10:18 AM, said:

Another hypothetical question you can choose to ignore.

 

If clan battles were at some point implemented, would you disband the SICK clan if your clan battles win rate dropped below 60%?

 

Sorry I missed this thread... there are too many for even me to keep track of.  I can answer these if you like.  As a Clan we will cross that bridge when we come to it... so far, after 3+ years, we have not come to that bridge, and resolved to play the hand that was dealt to us by WG.

 

Personally and for any of our members that wish to join competitions, I will always try and take part. That has proven difficult with the game's low population, as well as our own Clan's population.

 

Right now the competitions are comprised of an MLB team signed up for little league try-outs, if you can even call them competitions.  This is a function of the low population of WOWP.  Good players scattered throughout the clans, and 1 clan with a concentration of good players.


1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

 

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

 


_Warchylde_ #8 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:28 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 2,652
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    07-15-2014

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

 

- Zaphod Beeblebrox





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users