Cancelled (only 1 team signed up) - Dracary’s WoWP 5v5 Tier VI Tournament 2017 Info and Rules.

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

DrSinister #1 Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:30 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 63 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

INTRODUCTION

Welcome to the Dracarys World of Warplanes tier VI Tournament!

This is an event designed and provided to the Warplanes community by the Clan Knights of Dracarys, as such -NO DRACARYS’ MEMBER OR ALT are allowed to enter this tournament.

Wargaming has officially opted out of providing any prizes for this tournament, so Dracarys will provide the prizes of 24,500 gold to be awarded to winners!!

Clan Dracarys chose tier limit of VI to allow the broadest range of players to join, you may bring lower tier if you so desire, but you must not bring any tier higher than VI.

Tournament Staff:

DrSinister - Tournament Director

Jeraqui - Tournament Coordinator

BobozeeBear - Tournament Dispute Resolution

Registration Period: Today to Friday June 30, 2017.
Date: Thursday, July 6, 2017 9:00 pm EDT

Round Robin: Will start Thursday and continue everyday except Wednesday till it is completed.
Final Round: Will be held on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.

Type: Single or Double Elimination depending on amount of teams that register.

Map:  Pacific Ocean Only

Rosters size: 5 man teams with maximum 7 man rosters.

Tier: I - VI max

Planes Allowed: All planes currently on the tech tree as well as any premium plane that is able to be purchased by anyone.

Plane Restrictions: You can field only a max of 1 HF and/or 1 GA per battle.  No other restrictions. (Which means you can fly 1 HF 1 GA 3 LF/MRs, or 5 LF/MRs, or 1 HF 4 LF/MRs, or 1 GA 4 LF/MRs.)

Consumable, Ammo, Pilot Restrictions: None

Prizing:

Knights of Dracarys has donated 24,500 gold for prizing, to be disbursed as follows:

1st Place Team - 2000 gold for EACH member on the official 7-man roster.

2nd Place Team - 1000 gold for EACH member on the official 7-man roster.

3rd Place Team - 500 gold for EACH member on the official 7-man roster.

Registration Process: Teams will be registered on a separate thread. All teams must have a minimum of 5 members and a maximum of 7 members.  One member needs to be designated as the Team Captain.

Tournament will need a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 16 teams for the event to happen.  If 6 teams can not be formed the Tournament will be cancelled.

Tournament Process:

Tournament will be held using Challonge. Teams are not required to register on Challonge, I and my associates will handle the editing of the Challonge brackets.

Once registration closes,  all registered teams will then compete in Round Robin for seeding in the Bracket Stage.  Which each battle will be played every night except for Wednesday.  After Round Robin has been completed all teams then will be advanced to the Bracket Stage with their seeding based on Round Robin results.

Bracket Stage will be either Single or Double Elimination based on the amount of teams that registers.  These battles will be held on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday nights.

Training Room Setup:

Map: Pacific Ocean

Aircraft Tier: I - VI

Battle Duration: 15 mins

Hide Enemy Aircraft Models: Checked

Description: Home Team Name vs Away Team Name (i.e. The Great Ones vs Time to Fly)

Room must be created 15 mins prior to the Match Time and must be launched on time.  That means room must be created at 8:45 pm EDT or Home Team will forfeit the match.  Battle must launch at 9:00 pm EDT, with or without

NO BOTS ALLOWED. If your team is shorthanded then fly shorthanded or forfeit that battle.

Victory Conditions:

Best 3 of 5 battles to win a match.

A Win can be achieved by Total Team Destruction or by Supremacy.

In the event 3 wins have not been achieved by either team after 5 battles. Then after the 5 battles, both teams will send me, DrSinister, the battle results for all 5 battles, winner will then be determined by how many team members survived in all battles.

Disqualifications:  

Matches are due to be started on time.

Should Home Team not create the room by 8:45 pm EDT then the match is forfeited.

Should Away Team not show up with at least 1 member by 9:00 pm EDT then the match is forfeited.

Should a team bring an illegal plane, illegal lineup or bring someone not on the roster then that team forfeits that battle (not match, there can be up to 5 battles to a match) after notification from other team stating that the team has brought an illegal plane, lineup or person.

All teams can use their own discretion in disqualifications however if you allow someone to play with an illegal lineup or stretch the time limits without warning them of disqualification any matches they win will stand.  

Also remember that you must have screenshots to make any kind of disqualification official.

End of Battle/Match Process:

Once a battle has ended, the winning Team needs take a screenshot of the Team Score panel.

Once a team has won a total of three (3) battles, the Team Captain or acting Captain of the winning team must post the Team Score screenshots to the forum thread that will be set up for reporting results.

Battle results must be posted no later than Midnight EDT.

Administration:  
DrSinister, Jeraqui and BobozeeBear will be administering this tournament.  We will be online while these matches are taking place.  
I encourage everyone to get in contact with us immediately if there is any kind of issue in game.  Once informed we will bring both team captains to the Tournament Discord Server to resolve the issue between us.  Also if there is to be any disputes you must have evidence to back your disputes (i.e. Screenshots and/or Replays).
I do not want any flame wars on the forums as in the past.
I reserve the right to modify rules up to the tournament start but ONLY those pertaining to loopholes that teams could use for easy wins and malicious intent.  
Rules regarding teams, tier, plane selection, etc. will NOT be changed from this point forward.  
Any additions to rules will be placed as a reply to this thread or as a separate thread entirely and this post will not be edited.  I want complete transparency in this tournament as to provide the fairest environment possible for all participants.  

Discord Drac’s Tournament Server
Discord is a free All-in-One Voice and Text chat solution.  You do not have to download the Discord software if you do not want to, you can still connect to the Discord Server via a web browser.

Registration Page Located Here.

Edited by DrSinister, 01 July 2017 - 10:32 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:08 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

:great:

Very nice simple no nonsense set of rules. I like the low tier, should draw a lot of participation.

RESPECT!

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 13 June 2017 - 11:14 PM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

DrSinister #3 Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:20 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 63 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
That is what we are hoping biggest reason we chose to go with Tier VI.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #4 Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:31 AM

First Lieutenant

• 116 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

thanks, makes perfect sense 

I'll get a group of misfits asap

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

losttwo #5 Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:01 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

This would be a tourney I could sink my teeth into.

Come on FATHERSDAY......DADDY needs a gaming computer.

MARS_REVENANT #6 Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:28 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 14 June 2017 - 08:14 AM, said:

Gouidy be like:

So original.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Jeraqui #7 Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:29 PM

Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Good to see positive attitude toward this tournament!! Should be a lot of fun! I look forward to seeing the battles and outcome!!

Thank you community for coming together to help make this as fun and prosperous as we can, especially with no help from Wargaming!!

Salute!

Edited by Jeraqui, 14 June 2017 - 02:30 PM.

Mackunaima #8 Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Im in...

No kidding.. Im out. Damaged PC by this new client update.

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

gerr22 #9 Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:43 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 290 battles
  • [17SQ] 17SQ
i know its late but if there s space somewhere PLEASE PLEASE

DrSinister #10 Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:28 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 63 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Remember this is no clan based.  You can pick what ever minimum of 5 players to maximum of 7 players, besides any DRAC members.

Bubba_Zanetti #11 Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 399 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostDrSinister, on 19 June 2017 - 08:28 AM, said:

Remember this is no clan based.  You can pick what ever minimum of 5 players to maximum of 7 players, besides any DRAC members.

*bump*

Mackunaima #12 Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Is this going to happen?

GouIdy #13 Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:22 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostMackunaima, on 29 June 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

Is this going to happen?

Not a single team signed up. People were too busy farming crates & now are too busy farming bots.

GP couldn't even get anyone to sign up to club Wargaming employees  http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1, no-one seems to be interested in PvP action anymore. Really is just sad.

Mackunaima #14 Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostGouIdy, on 29 June 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

Not a single team signed up. People were too busy farming crates & now are too busy farming bots.

GP couldn't even get anyone to sign up to club Wargaming employees  http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1, no-one seems to be interested in PvP action anymore. Really is just sad.

bunch of PvB's

Bubba_Zanetti #15 Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 399 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostGouIdy, on 29 June 2017 - 01:22 PM, said:

They just need training.  Perhaps another tournament attempt can be hatched, tiers 1-3, GA and HF only?

MelBrooks #16 Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostGouIdy, on 29 June 2017 - 01:22 PM, said:

Sigh......give me a call on the golf course when something interesting happens.

_Warchylde_ #17 Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:12 PM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I've asked around, trying to get a team together, but no one wants to fly with me.

I would have thought that not having any Dracarys flying, folks would be lining up for a shot at some free gold.....truly sad.

Freakin' cowards......

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

DrSinister #18 Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:28 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 63 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Yeah, from the looks of it, this is not happening, I have another idea for another tournament.  I will be writing that one up here in the next week and we will see how that one will play out.

Mackunaima #19 Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostShut_Up_and_FLY, on 29 June 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

I've asked around, trying to get a team together, but no one wants to fly with me.

I would have thought that not having any Dracarys flying, folks would be lining up for a shot at some free gold.....truly sad.

Freakin' cowards......

You didn't ask me, Im available. I just want to get in and pew pew things.

_Warchylde_ #20 Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMackunaima, on 29 June 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

You didn't ask me, Im available. I just want to get in and pew pew things.

Dang Mack, I thought you couldn't get the game to work.....

I have always liked flying with you....had I known you could play, I definitely would have hit you up.

So are we down for whatever DocSin comes up with?

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users