If I Could Change One Thing About the Game...

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

GeorgePatton #1 Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:31 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7716 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

So... I know a lot of people are unhappy with the way the game has been programmed to this point - I am myself as well, but I know we all love the game in some way or another and would like to see it get 'better'. In that spirit, I thought it would be interesting to see what each person would put at the top of their 'fix first' list, it can be anything but I'm goign to ask that we rule out the major 'band-aid' fix that Wargaming has introduced. Namely, the bots.

Nobody likes bots (except maybe a few people, but as far as complaints I've seen on the forums, nobody here likes them). We're going to consider that a 'given' but we can't remove bots until we actually have enough interest in the game to make matches without them and without a major wait time - I'd say when we have over 1k people on primetime without an event we can talk about removing bots... So, this thread is about what we could do to make more people fall in love with the game to get to that point.

My number one fix? More control of our speed and engines - specifically better acceleration and deceleration. Forcing an overshoot is one of the best ways of changing roles in a dogfight and we don't really have a viable method of doing this in the current game. Extend the flaps? Well, that doesn't really do much. Cut the throttle, oh, there's a little bit of airspeed loss, I barely see the difference between idle and full throttle (not boost). I think if we had a much more rapid deceleration option, and a discernible difference in the throttle ranges, as well as better acceleration at full power (not boost) in straight and level flight, we would open up a lot of tactical options to players and this would also remove a lot of the advantages of one playstyle over another and would lessen the gap between classes of aircraft as well.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Psicko23 #2 Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:36 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19001 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

That would be cool. Does "rolling back to an earlier patch without vertical compression(like 1.2 or so) but keep all the new planes and other content added like maps" count?

yyt_hero #3 Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 15778 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
It would be to fix the LAGG PROBLEM!! Worst its ever been.

GeorgePatton #4 Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:52 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7716 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostPsicko23, on 13 June 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

That would be cool. Does "rolling back to an earlier patch without vertical compression(like 1.2 or so) but keep all the new planes and other content added like maps" count?

Vertical compression has been around since the very first alpha build, but yeah, removing altitude compression would also be pretty sick!

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Lucky_Breeze #5 Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 16347 battles
  • [SF] SF
Maybe they could implement a random battle mode and a bot mode, where you can click on if you want to fight bots or fight humans. This would be good for new players in which we need so badly. WG has this in WOWS.

Steel_bomber_ #6 Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15758 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

1st fix, More humans (oh that's a given) 

Then I go for remove frontal ramming damage, just let planes get hurt by ammo, bomb frag, terrain etc. It's an arcade game, at least "noobs" and bots can't ram each other or you. Some bots with 4pct health kill a 75pct human,by ramming,  that's stupid. Just remove frontal  ramming and get killed by weapons.

Ramming from behind should be punished by damage to the rear plane only. Like engine/prop damage or more depending on closure rate. 

Edited by Steel_bomber_, 13 June 2017 - 09:32 PM.

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

Omega_Weapon #7 Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:39 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 10814 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 13 June 2017 - 04:30 PM, said:

1st fix, More humans (oh that's a given) 

Then I go for remove frontal ramming damage, just let planes get hurt by ammo, bomb frag, terrain etc. It's an arcade game, at least "noobs" and bots can't ram each other or you. Some bots with 4pct health kill a 75pct human,by ramming,  that's stupid. Just remove frontal  ramming and get killed by weapons.

Ramming from behind should be punished by damage to the rear plane only. Like engine/prop damage or more depending on closure rate. 

​I've won many battles against a superior opponent because they got careless and allowed me to ram them. If your plane is slower, turns worse, and has worse firepower than the enemy, then ramming is a very good strategy. I can't support eliminating frontal ramming from the game. If I could fix one thing in the game though it would be the laggy controls. Particularly how they make shooting accuracy ridiculously bad.

BobozeeBear #8 Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:07 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 24836 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
End game content.

Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

_DeusVult_ #9 Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11610 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostBobozeeBear, on 13 June 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

End game content.

define end game content

DrSinister #10 Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:23 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 4871 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostGeorgePatton, on 13 June 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

Vertical compression has been around since the very first alpha build, but yeah, removing altitude compression would also be pretty sick!

Cheers!
Glenn

But it was compressed more later wasn't it (during CB)?  Because I remember when Low Alt TnB were still able to compete with High Alt BnZers.  That is how I got my top kills in one day (event they had back then) using the A6M5 back in CB days.

My one thing would be to get rid of the shotgun pattern dispersion.  In the old days you could actually dogfight 1v7 with a TnB and not take any damage but now all the player has to do is spray and pray, like an uzi, and still hit with full damage on a round that off target by 4-5 degrees.

J311yfish #11 Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17867 battles
  • [343] 343

1. Development Timeline -- I understand why this can't or won't happen but it would still be the #1 thing I would hope for.

2. Development News -- greater frequency

3. Kill Credit Mechanics -- it has happened to the favor (or disfavor) of everyone here, and it is frequently exploited to advantage -- 95% of health whittled away by you in an aggressive dogfight, and someone swoops in at the last second for 5% of health, getting complete credit for the kill while you get credit only for an assist (or the reverse situation, to your benefit).  There are variations on this -- such as, the target is in flames and diving towards the deck, obviously out of action, yet someone spits on it and gets credit (or the reverse, you grab the credit).  If it were up to me, I would take a close look at the current kill credit mechanics to see how this might be rendered fair to those that made the enemy aircraft weak or vulnerable in the first place.  On the other hand, if dogfighting is a competition, then the current mechanic promotes that competition because everyone is trying to take credit from each other.  Anyway, a second look at that might be appropriate.

4. re: Engine Controls (from original post) -- for aircraft with 2 engines, the ability to throttle them independently might allow for more skillful aerobatics -- that could be really fun.  Example:  Janusz Żurakowski cartwheel in Gloster Meteor (see description lower left)

Edited by J311yfish, 14 June 2017 - 04:06 AM.

Tech tree projects:  JAPAN  /  United Kingdom  /  Sweden  /  Finland (skins/  Italy  /  France  /  Poland  /  China  /  Brazil  /  United States  //  Roadmap

Map proposals:  Panama Canal  /  Great Wall of China  /  Cliffs of Dover  //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial How to ignore forum posts and signatures

Psicko23 #12 Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:03 AM

First Lieutenant

• 19001 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostGeorgePatton, on 13 June 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

Cheers!
Glenn

oh ok. I'm pretty sure it got more compressed at some point. I started in the end of 1.2 from what I remember. I remember a patch where people were complaining about vertical compression in a patch. I think it was 1.4, but could be wrong. 

Longsite #13 Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:46 AM

Master Sergeant

• 33324 battles

I would change how we see each other in the game, I would like to see who I'm playing with but hide the name and type of aircraft that's on the other side. What ever side u are on, U can see who is working with you but U don't know who is against you and your team... 

This would stop headhunting and guys throwing the game because their clan members are on the other side....

The roster would show things like each fighter, MRF, HF and GAA. Then it up to the team and/or individuals to figure out their strategy to win the game.....  Also as each enemy is killed their name shows back up in the roster.....      Just my 2 cents.... gl....

Longsite

Jaguardian #14 Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:48 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 20061 battles
Just look at what Tanks offers players and pick any one of those features to add to planes.  I personally would like the "Special Battles" to be implemented in Planes so WG could host tournaments and hopefully eventually clan wars, and do away with utilizing the training room for anything other than training.

FastAttack #15 Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6799 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
a new developer that understands what made this game fun before they meddled with it ( aka beyond 1.4)

Edited by FastAttack, 14 June 2017 - 03:37 AM.

ArrowZ_ #16 Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:40 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 9911 battles

I would say the MM but that's already beaten to death. Only thing I want to see more of is 15v15 in all tiers. Don't really care if it's bots, or unbalanced. Just more things to shoot at would be nice.  Far too many times in today's matches there are more 10v10 games with 2 players in them than larger ones. Sure our region has the lowest population and I can probably get 15v15 battles in the lower tiers IV-VI during prime time but MM is now designed to push out little matches with the least amount of players as quickly as possible. Que times sure are quicker but the team make up is less. Less planes to the shoot at, less exp and credits to gain.

Idk this all just becomes a broken record, but the ball has always been at WG's court... 

Then there are the small few who can't handle those larger sized battles due to how laggy it is depending on the optimisation of the map and the amount of planes in one game. I know my fps drops about 30-25 when in a furball of 30 randoms In a map like bay. Lol speaking of optimization... 

Edited by ArrowZ_, 14 June 2017 - 04:09 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

ParanoiaXtreme_PRX #17 Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:19 AM

First Lieutenant

• 21882 battles
  • [SF] SF
I completely agree on the control of speed and engine control. it irritates me that that isn't in game. on top of that, I'd like to see more realistic yaw characteristics

MARS_REVENANT #18 Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:24 AM

Major

• 33800 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostGeorgePatton, on 13 June 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

...- I'd say when we have over 1k people on primetime without an event ...

Cheers!
Glenn

You won't get there without events.  People have nothing to do but get the planes... that is the current goal... get the planes and save up tokens and free exp in hopes that they will release more planes...

View PostBobozeeBear, on 13 June 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

End game content.

Clan wars, tournaments, ranked battle... whatever, that should be the goal for people to work towards.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

gerr22 #19 Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:53 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 14897 battles
  • [17SQ] 17SQ
clan wars tournaments ranked battles different tiers starting low and moving up and at odd times as well as prime time for us outlanders in different time zones

TeamTerrible #20 Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:41 AM

First Lieutenant

• 45754 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I would like to change........ what we have with what we had.........

History[edit]

World of Warplanes alpha test started recruiting test players on February 23, 2012.[10] World of Warplanes closed beta test began May 30, 2012.[11] The game received over two million applications within the first three months of testing.[12]

World of Warplanes was selected as Europe’s "Most Wanted Online Game" at the European Games Awards in 2012.[13]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users