Dunkirk

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

CaptStorm #1 Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

I saw the promo on the load page.  Cool  map and background!   Is there going to be that in our game? Ships below, and men on the beaches?.

or is that just a demo for the movie?

Raxor_64 #2 Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:41 AM

Master Sergeant

• 61 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostCaptStorm, on 09 June 2017 - 05:47 AM, said:

I saw the promo on the load page.  Cool  map and background!   Is there going to be that in our game? Ships below, and men on the beaches?.

or is that just a demo for the movie?

its a movie trailer

MARS_REVENANT #3 Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:32 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5674 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

It is an event in collaboration with the movie Dunkirk that will be coming out.  The movie looks pretty cool, and I am glad to see that WOWP is prominent in the advertisement along with WOT and WOWS.  The advertising links to the WG account sign-up page, so hopefully it encourages new players to try WOWP.

There are some good plane scenes "Where the hell is the air force!?!"

There also seems to be some in-game missions to go along side the movie release.

Source link: http://worldofwarpla...member-dunkirk/

Block Quote

Join “Remember Dunkirk” anniversary events and offerings to commemorate the 77th anniversary of this crucial turning point in WWII. The action intensifies in July, as even more events come to World of Warplanes:  a series of emblems, missions and more await all who enter the battle.

I think they may have missed the mark with this one. the Thor's Hammer event would have been perfect alongside the Dunkirk anniversary, and we could have had the Allies vs. Axis at that time.  But who knows, they may have a similar event for Dunkirk.  A new map release would have been amazing and you could have had special game modes in each title to go along with what actually happened.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 09 June 2017 - 04:36 PM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users