People not understanding there roles in the game

understanding game role game plane role

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

xX_GRIDLOK_Xx #1 Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:44 PM

Airman Basic

• 12 battles

When I play this game I see people not understanding what they are suppose to be doing:P. As if you play as a fighter or medium fighter or multirole plane you need to be destroying the other enemy planes. Not dropping bombs or attacking the ground troops rite away:facepalm:. As you should be killing the enemy planes and then if you are on the winning end then maybe start to kill some ground troops or ships, etc......:izmena: And also if you are in a multirole plane you should be starting off killing the enemy planes and not dropping the only one or two bombs you have on ground troops as you should just wait till the end or close to the end to drop the bomb and kill ground troops or if you have most of the enemy planes down and your searching for the last few then drop the bombs or kill the ground troops on your way to finding the enemy planes:angry:. As to win the game you have to kill the enemy planes to win first but I do know you can win by killing ground troops but you rarely win killing ground troops only. 

Maybe world of warplanes should change the game to where you just need to kill the enemy planes and if they do want to keep ground troops they shouldn't have as many and make there forts and troops way far into the map on the enemy side. As this would make it to you being forced to have to kill the enemy planes. But I am just saying this could be a good idea and if your new that this is an idea of how you should be aiming your play towards. ( KILL ENEMY PLANES TO WIN ) players please smarten up and learn because I am tired of getting crap teams and not making credits as if you win you actually make more credits and XP if any of you noobs haven't noticed yet. But good luck and god speed............:honoring:

Steel_bomber_ #2 Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
46 battles, reroll? 
THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

Psicko23 #3 Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:03 PM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

If you are not a re-roll, then good on you for understanding the different roles of each aircraft. I'd like to include heavy fighters as well. They should also be going after planes first as well. Most of those people who are attacking ground targets in fighters are most likely not going to read the forum. 

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 03 June 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

46 battles, reroll? 

he may be, his account that he posted with was started just over a year ago. It didn't take me long to realize you shouldn't go after ground targets first in a fighter, even though it took me a while to learn how the other mechanics worked and be decent in this game. 

losttwo #4 Posted 04 June 2017 - 12:01 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
it gets better in the higher tiers.

Dru83 #5 Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:23 AM

Master Sergeant

• 176 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

Gridlok, you're partially correct. Yes, there's no reason to go off and only attack ground targets in anything other than an attack aircraft. However, there are many reasons to attack ground targets before or during the main battle. I often like to get my bombs off early so that they don't affect the speed and maneuverability of my plane when I'm attacking planes. So, after my initial attack dive on a plane and loss of altitude, I will often find a good target to get rid of my bombs on. Also, it is often a good idea to strike first to start the supremacy timer and the first kill or ground target destroyed gets the timer started. If I have a moment where nobody is attacking me, I will take on some ground targets so that if I do manage to get 4 kills, I'll immediately get destroyer instead of having to rush to get the GT points while my bots are finishing off the last enemy plane. Besides, you know those triangle things, yeah, it's a good idea if you get rid of them by dropping those bomb thingies. Then they don't shoot you up later.

I wouldn't dive early and sacrifice my altitude advantage, but as soon as I've dived on a few planes and am low to the ground, I'm going GT hunting. I'll drop my bombs/rockets to gain a little airspeed/maneuverability and get some supremacy points at the same time. The only time I would ever save my bombs is when flying an attack plane. I know, sounds like the opposite should be true. Get those things off your aircraft quick, especially if you can take out a 8, 9, or 10 point target, reset the supremacy timer, and get rid of a AA gun at the same time. Just don't do it right away and sacrifice your altitude advantage and leave your buddies to fight the other team's planes by themselves.

Besides attacking ground targets early, the other annoying thing I see is towards the end game. I'll see multi-roles strafing instead of hunting down planes. Get that done in the middle of the battle, but towards the end your team will need every plane they have, at least until they're down to only GAs left.

pyantoryng #6 Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:59 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles
I have the arsonist in my pilot seat and I am going to fry everything yellow with my ShKAS! :kamikaze:

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Captkirk2013 #7 Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:39 PM

Senior Airman

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postlosttwo, on 04 June 2017 - 12:01 AM, said:

it gets better in the higher tiers.

Not much,still have far to many incompetent people with a couple hundred battles buying tier 8 planes and thinking their skilled enough to fly them.Hell I`ve probably seen a hundred people in a tier 8 or above with less than 50 battles,just ridiculous!!!

Edited by Captkirk2013, 04 June 2017 - 04:48 PM.

20thCenturyLtd #8 Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 5 battles

View PostCaptkirk2013, on 04 June 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

Not much,still have far to many incompetent people with a couple hundred battles buying tier 8 planes and thinking their skilled enough to fly them.Hell I`ve probably seen a hundred people in a tier 8 or above with less than 50 battles,just ridiculous!!!

"Tale as old as time, song as old as wine....."

boozen #9 Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:39 PM

Master Sergeant

• 527 battles
:popcorn:

Rarearth #10 Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:43 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 35 battles
  • [JE] JE
as Red all ways said , there's only room for 1 [edited]in this seat get your own and fly it.

BaconMeLoveIt #11 Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:17 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

Isn't the role of multi-role aircraft clearing ground targets on the part of the map where the "main battle" will take place so no non-aircraft enemy will be shooting from below?

_Warchylde_ #12 Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:47 PM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostGRIDLOK_2016, on 03 June 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

As if you play as a fighter or medium fighter or multirole plane you need to be destroying the other enemy planes. Not dropping bombs or attacking the ground troops rite away:facepalm:.

Actually, there are multiple tactics that can be used to get the most out of your multi-role. making effective use of your ordnance.

And also if you are in a multirole plane you should be starting off killing the enemy planes and not dropping the only one or two bombs you have on ground troops as you should just wait till the end or close to the end to drop the bomb and kill ground troops or if you have most of the enemy planes down and your searching for the last few then drop the bombs or kill the ground troops on your way to finding the enemy planes:angry:.

This is a good tactic if you are equipped with rockets, but trying to dogfight  while carrying bombs is a recipe for disaster. If you are going to carry bombs, you need to get rid of them fast.  You can strafe other planes (not pursue and kill, just strafe in passing) while you head to your target to offload, or you can simply fly high over the battle, make your attack run, and use your energy to regain altitude and hit the enemy from the flank or the rear. (SEE VIDEO BELOW).

( KILL ENEMY PLANES TO WIN )

AGREED!!

View PostDru83, on 03 June 2017 - 11:23 PM, said:

Gridlok, you're partially correct. Yes, there's no reason to go off and only attack ground targets in anything other than an attack aircraft. However, there are many reasons to attack ground targets before or during the main battle. I often like to get my bombs off early so that they don't affect the speed and maneuverability of my plane when I'm attacking planes. So, after my initial attack dive on a plane and loss of altitude, I will often find a good target to get rid of my bombs on. Also, it is often a good idea to strike first to start the supremacy timer and the first kill or ground target destroyed gets the timer started

Well said!

View PostBaconMeLoveIt, on 08 June 2017 - 05:17 PM, said:

Isn't the role of multi-role aircraft clearing ground targets on the part of the map where the "main battle" will take place so no non-aircraft enemy will be shooting from below?

Yes and No.  A multirole is first and foremost, a fighter, and should be attacking other planes. However, they have the added capability to aid in suppressing AA emplacements, or popping a high-value target to aid in supremacy.  However, it should be noted that this is purely situational in nature, and if you choose to carry bombs, don't be afraid to jettison them if it looks like diving on a target will compromise your team's chance at success.  One must understand the flow of the battle, be aware of one's surroundings, before committing to the close air support role.

One of the reasons I fly a lot of multi-roles is not for their bomb carrying ability, but for their comparatively powerful engines, sturdy frames, and the ability to carry rockets.  While I rarely use bombs on anything other than a GA, there are times when I feel an urge to load em up on my multi-roles, and see if I can do something special with them. Most of the time, the battle dictates that I jettison them to no effect, but sometimes, they can jump-start the supremacy counter, or turn the tide of a battle, or make a Destroyer or Clostermann medal a possibility.

The video below illustrates ONE particular tactic for using one's bombs effectively at the start of battle. This not necessarily the best tactic for all situations, but the high altitude I gained at the start of the battle allows me see the entire battle, to assess the situation, and decide whether to make an attack run, or simply dump them and join the furball by striking from on high.  It takes practice, some experience, and good eye for seeing the flow of the battle.

One final note.  Once you have expended your ordnance, GET YOUR BUTT BACK UP HIGH AND ENGAGE PLANES!!!  

DO NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT continue to try and strafe ground targets. Your guns aren't powerful enough to take out hardened (red) targets, and your time and aircraft are wasted as you continually strafe GTs. Your plane and guns are much more useful killing enemy planes.

(NOTE: I almost NEVER put bombs on my F3F, but I wanted to see if I could get an extra token for a Destroyer Medal this morning.)  :B

Edited by Shut_Up_and_FLY, 09 June 2017 - 06:53 PM.

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

_Warchylde_ #13 Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:25 PM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Of course, sometimes, you just load up a Tier 2 fighter and see what you can do against bots........

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Psicko23 #14 Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:54 PM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Shutupandfly pretty much nailed it. Multi roles primary job is still killing enemy planes along with the heavy fighters. Going after ground targets is an advanced tactic to pull it off correctly, you need to know how to read the battle and the supremacy meter and numbers among other things to pull it off correctly. If you don't do it properly, your team is now down a perfectly good plane for fighting the enemy planes and that can cost the team the win.

As long as your ga's don't crash or get taken out early, there is not much use for the team if you go after ground targets first. If you happen to be near a good sized target for a reset in the middle or near the end of the battle, by all means get some points and add to the supremacy meter. However, once your ordnance is dropped, get back to killing the last planes, especially the he's. Nothing like losing to supremacy because the person in a heavy or multirole continues to do after ground targets when time would be better spent killing the enemy ga's for the win.

Have you ever seen a bot multirole with bombs or rockets loaded and go after ground targets? I thought not. 

Edited by Psicko23, 09 June 2017 - 10:59 PM.

Captkirk2013 #15 Posted 10 June 2017 - 12:33 AM

Senior Airman

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPsicko23, on 09 June 2017 - 10:54 PM, said:

Shutupandfly pretty much nailed it. Multi roles primary job is still killing enemy planes along with the heavy fighters. Going after ground targets is an advanced tactic to pull it off correctly, you need to know how to read the battle and the supremacy meter and numbers among other things to pull it off correctly. If you don't do it properly, your team is now down a perfectly good plane for fighting the enemy planes and that can cost the team the win.

As long as your ga's don't crash or get taken out early, there is not much use for the team if you go after ground targets first. If you happen to be near a good sized target for a reset in the middle or near the end of the battle, by all means get some points and add to the supremacy meter. However, once your ordnance is dropped, get back to killing the last planes, especially the he's. Nothing like losing to supremacy because the person in a heavy or multirole continues to do after ground targets when time would be better spent killing the enemy ga's for the win.

Have you ever seen a bot multirole with bombs or rockets loaded and go after ground targets? I thought not. 

Excellent points!!

pyantoryng #16 Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:37 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

This is why fighters should not be ground pounding: Not only does it cripple your team air firepower it doesn't pay well, either.

Spoiler

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users