Banning older players from Tier 1 and 2

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Psicko23 #61 Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:37 AM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
What ever happened to the OP? All he had to do was ask for help. 

Steel_bomber_ #62 Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Maybe a small solution for the time being, to get more humans to play (apart from advertising) ;

No limit when battle total below 500.

Battles total> 500, limit battles to play <tier 4, to 30 per 24 hours. 

Battles total>1000, limit battles to play <tier r, to 20 per 24 hours. 

Battles total>1500, limit battles to play <tier 4, to 15 battles per 24 hours (server time). 

This will set an extra goal for the experienced guys to get their token in the low tier. They still can get their tokens in tier 4 if they don't succeed. And maybe don't let them play tier 1-3 anymore once a token is received within the 24 hour time frame? 

Edited by Steel_bomber_, 22 June 2017 - 02:25 PM.

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

Agnotology #63 Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 538 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
When I get my dailies done, I try to pick the planes that can get as many of the missions done in as few games as possible to stay out of the newbie tiers. Usually, it ends up being a FW-57 in tier 3 because it does everything the best - fastest, best rear gun, best front gun, best bombs in tier.

With any luck, they will leave the game before they get suckered like we did hit the ceiling only after they get addicted

Tarl_Dichari #64 Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:53 PM

Master Sergeant

• 132 battles

Change nothing, it's the less experienced pilot's own responsibility to learn how to fly, how to shoot and how to get better.  I've lost many a battle because of my teammates not engaging the proper targets or running off with the best plane and ignoring enemy fighters and trying to hit ground targets.

....gosh, how many times have I seen the less experienced pilot (newb) wasting endless seconds/minutes trying to take down a GA plane (bot) while a human pilot (or even bot) and a much more dangerous or maneuverable plane that is almost dead fly right past the guy.....a one shot kill, but he's so concentrated, so focused on that one GA target,  he's oblivious to anything else....and of course the half dead plane (human or bot) kills him and wins the day.   

We really don't want to make it easier for tier 1 and 2 pilots, they need to learn. I sometimes like flying those tiers, the pace is slower, guns weaker and if you're up against a decent pilot, you can have some epic dogfights.  Some of the higher tiers the planes are so fast, the guns so powerful,  just a 2 or 3 second burst and the guy is dead.

It's a team game, and it requires good decision making, some flying skill, and situational awareness.  We've all taken our lumps and gotten soundly beaten and shot down.....it's a learning process.....and sometimes the learning can be painful.

I've seen a guy with over 10,000 battles in a Bulldog.  You know he's dangerous and it's going to be a tuff fight. You beat him or give him a good fight, you improve. 

This isn't the game to just jump into and say you're gonna come on and shoot a couple of planes down and dominate the skies.  You gotta learn, work, and incorporate all kinds of skills, upgrades, improvements and learn tactics, be aware of where the ground is, the enemy is, which enemy is most dangerous, prioritize targets, your ability, your enemies ability, flight and plane characteristics .......everything comes into play......you shouldn't be able to restrict or penalize any pilot, no matter what tier they want to fly.

I've seen just as newb and just as dumb of folks playing tier V, tier VIII or tier X as I've seen in tier 1 and 2.

Play the game you want, fly what you want....but at least L E A R N and try to improve.  You don't need it given to you.

GouIdy #65 Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostTarl_Dichari, on 29 June 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

Change nothing

That is something I would expect to hear from a seal clubber & yes 2300 battles in the F3F is seal clubbing.

View PostTarl_Dichari, on 29 June 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

I've seen just as newb and just as dumb of folks playing tier V, tier VIII or tier X as I've seen in tier 1 and 2.

I guess 6 games at tier 9 with a 16.67% W/R makes you an expert at high tiers?

Tarl_Dichari #66 Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:22 PM

Master Sergeant

• 132 battles

We each have our opinions.   I still stand by mine. I'm not an expert by any means, shape or form, but I am observant. Some people won't like it, but that's the way it is.  

To be serious, I don't even play that much here anymore....but when I do come back all old and rusty, I'll have to do the best I can. 

:)  Enjoy and fly well. 

Edited by Tarl_Dichari, 29 June 2017 - 05:27 PM.

GouIdy #67 Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostTarl_Dichari, on 29 June 2017 - 01:22 PM, said:

We each have our opinions.   I still stand by mine. I'm not an expert by any means, shape or form, but I am observant. Some people won't like it, but that's the way it is.  

To be serious, I don't even play that much here anymore....but when I do come back all old and rusty, I'll have to do the best I can. 

:)  Enjoy and fly well. 

That's right you're busy seal clubbing on the EU server now.     https://eu.warplanes...00/Tarl_Dichari

Tarl_Dichari #68 Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:56 PM

Master Sergeant

• 132 battles
...and gosh I've had some outstandingly epic battles.   I still don't play a lot anymore, but I do a few here and there and enjoy them.  Have fun. 

Edited by Tarl_Dichari, 29 June 2017 - 07:10 PM.

arrrgh #69 Posted 04 July 2017 - 06:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 401 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostTarl_Dichari, on 29 June 2017 - 04:53 PM, said:

Change nothing, it's the less experienced pilot's own responsibility to learn how to fly,

Clearly, you know nothing about human nature.    If people have a chance, they might have fun.  They might keep playing.   They might learn.    
If people have NO chance, they don't have fun, they decide its too hard and pointless, and quit.

If a 5 year old soccer player plays vs a 6 year old. Sure, they might still have fun, they might learn something.    If a 5 year old plays vs a 22 year old professional going 100%, they will learn nothing and quit.

If a 5 year old Chess player plays vs a 6 year old. Sure, they might still have fun, they might learn something.    If a 5 year old plays vs a 22 year old grand master going 100%, they will learn nothing and quit.

You don't seriously think WG wants to design a game that appeals to the 1 in 10,000 who enjoys banging their head against a wall for 6 months as they brutally acquire experience? 

BCB77B #70 Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:36 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 56 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Here we go again with the seal clubbing accusations and complaints about seasoned pilots. Well, if you do a little research you'll see quite a bit of folks at the very top of this game, say in the top 2% actually play lower tiers now and then. I don't think that makes them evil.

New players need to learn how to play the game. You just don't demand to win every game because you're at a low tier and not improving your skills. What's the point of that? You'll suck at the higher tiers if you don't learn at the lower levels, and for many people like myself I played 200-400 games in various planes at the lower levels to learn how the game mechanics worked. I'm still called a seal clubber if I fly at lower tiers, but then again the truth is one side wins and the other loses.

I don't hear any of the noobs complaining about being on the winning side when an experienced player basically carries the whole team for them. I've flown tiers 1-3 with 5 v 5 matches and watched the noobs on my team contribute not a single kill to the game, instead choosing to earn  2 or 3 points by attacking ground targets all the while I do the work for them.

So for every noob that complains about losing too much at the lower levels, please realize there are noobs on the winning side getting a free ride for really nothing.

warthog914 #71 Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:28 PM

Airman Basic

• 24 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

My biggest complaint about the new MM is that it harder to "follow" more experienced players. I learned a lot when I first started by following experienced players and the planes in the next tier or 2.

I have quite a few premium tier 2s gathering dust. But, I have a couple of tier 2s I use for missions.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users