• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

BrushWolf #41 Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:49 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10764 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostNoreaga, on 05 June 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

its a problem, it happens in all games but with the 10 players down there and 6 of them have 5k + games you will have bruised egos. We already tried to separate the pools and it resulted in 45 min waits for a 1 vs 1, not sure how to fix this one anymore but getting stomped every single game is rough. In beta there were enough people that i could at least get 1 or 2 games without shwreddor or the likes making me feel like a fat baby seal.

In closed beta we had about the same population and we didn't seem to have the seal clubber problem. We did have to wait two to five minutes but we also had full matches of humans after those waits.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

EspressoForHammy #42 Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:53 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5258 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
As a younger player, I don't think we should discriminate based on age. Older players may have white hair, but they should still be allowed to fly bi-planes!

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

Noreaga #43 Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:15 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8691 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBrushWolf, on 05 June 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

In closed beta we had about the same population and we didn't seem to have the seal clubber problem. We did have to wait two to five minutes but we also had full matches of humans after those waits.

i know in beta i accepted things i didnt accept in release, but after years of this it really isnt about "we did it so can you you" but ok "this is a problem how can we make it less of one" and no i do not think banning players from low tiers is the right choice but i have nothing to add either.

PS i have also never liked T1-3 so even in beta i was haunting T4+, maybe that is also part of it.

Edited by Noreaga, 05 June 2017 - 07:17 PM.

Nimis obnoxii curare

Psicko23 #44 Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:39 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18606 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostNakamichy, on 05 June 2017 - 06:19 AM, said:

You guys are good at reading between the lines. What gave it away? Was it my 46% win rate on the Type 91 or my max of 6 kills in a single battle?

Those that are being "taught by example" perhaps should be taught, kill a noob easily; make a squadron with him and teach him something.

I can't ever remember cannon fodder learning something from just dying quickly. 

You probably wouldn't have gotten much flak if you asked for help instead of suggesting that all players over 500 battles be banned from tier 1 and 2. The people that have started this game awhile ago didn't have any easy bots to kill. We started in t1 against humans, some excellent pilots and we got the snot beat out of us. When I died quickly, I would stay in the battle and watch how the good people did it. Little by little I got better. I asked for help and started flighting up with people and got better. People here including myself are more than willing to help others if they ask. When new people who have no idea of what we have been through come in and demand that we change this game for them, then we scoff at them. How the game is today is due to Persha trying to dumb it down and make unnecessary changes. The 1.5 patch was horrid, they changed a bunch of stuff and botched other stuff. A lot of pilots left after 1.5 came out. In 1.6 they made the matchmaker skill based to make it easier for the noobs. This resulted in a minimum of a 10 minute wait(some has up to an hour wait) for a 1vs1 even though there was enough people for a 15vs15 battle in tiers higher than 3. It took Persha several months to fix it, only after a lot more people left. The last moderator was awesome enough to give us a special NA server match maker which resulted in having a minimum of a 3v3 battle and a short queue time of 30 seconds. Only problem was that Persha didn't quite do it right(seems to be a common thing with them) and it would launch a 3v3 in 30 seconds, even when there were enough for a 12v12. So the MM would create 8 battles of 3v3 instead of a 12vs12. More people left. Finally during the end of 1.8 Persha must have been tweaking the MM for the better and I remember getting a few 10vs10, and most battles at least 6vs6 I  a decent amount of time which was much better than the 3v3 and certainly much better than the 1v1 that took forever to get a battle. In 1.9 they introduced the bots to make the battles bigger, but the bots were stupid and instead of having battles with 5 humans and a few bots to fill it out a lot of times it would be 1 or two humans per side and the rest bots. People left due to not wanting to play against bots. As they were too easy. 

Had you asked for one of us to help, we would have. I'm sure there are still some that will help if you ask. It helps if you have a way to verbally communicate like a gaming headset and a 3rd party voice comms installed on your computer like team speak or curse beta, etc.

Steel_bomber_ #45 Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15733 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostPsicko23, on 05 June 2017 - 08:39 PM, said:

You probably wouldn't have gotten much flak if you asked for help instead of suggesting that all players over 500 battles be banned from tier 1 and 2. The people that have started this game awhile ago didn't have any easy bots to kill. We started in t1 against humans, some excellent pilots and we got the snot beat out of us. When I died quickly, I would stay in the battle and watch how the good people did it. Little by little I got better. I asked for help and started flighting up with people and got better. People here including myself are more than willing to help others if they ask. When new people who have no idea of what we have been through come in and demand that we change this game for them, then we scoff at them. How the game is today is due to Persha trying to dumb it down and make unnecessary changes. The 1.5 patch was horrid, they changed a bunch of stuff and botched other stuff. A lot of pilots left after 1.5 came out. In 1.6 they made the matchmaker skill based to make it easier for the noobs. This resulted in a minimum of a 10 minute wait(some has up to an hour wait) for a 1vs1 even though there was enough people for a 15vs15 battle in tiers higher than 3. It took Persha several months to fix it, only after a lot more people left. The last moderator was awesome enough to give us a special NA server match maker which resulted in having a minimum of a 3v3 battle and a short queue time of 30 seconds. Only problem was that Persha didn't quite do it right(seems to be a common thing with them) and it would launch a 3v3 in 30 seconds, even when there were enough for a 12v12. So the MM would create 8 battles of 3v3 instead of a 12vs12. More people left. Finally during the end of 1.8 Persha must have been tweaking the MM for the better and I remember getting a few 10vs10, and most battles at least 6vs6 I  a decent amount of time which was much better than the 3v3 and certainly much better than the 1v1 that took forever to get a battle. In 1.9 they introduced the bots to make the battles bigger, but the bots were stupid and instead of having battles with 5 humans and a few bots to fill it out a lot of times it would be 1 or two humans per side and the rest bots. People left due to not wanting to play against bots. As they were too easy.

Had you asked for one of us to help, we would have. I'm sure there are still some that will help if you ask. It helps if you have a way to verbally communicate like a gaming headset and a 3rd party voice comms installed on your computer like team speak or curse beta, etc.

Exactly this !!

Look at the effort Psicko made to type all this, help will be given if you ask.

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

EZP_MRKARP #46 Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:56 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 45291 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
MORE THAN ONE ACCOUNT IS FOR THE POOR SOULS WHO CANT LIVE WITH THE FIRST ACCOUNTS SCORE

Pogo68 #47 Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 17903 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

I love my SPAD, I-5 ShKAS and TsH-2

I've spent a lot of time tweaking their crews

Heck if this game had Sopwith Camels and Fokker Dr1's and D.V's I'd be flying tier 1-3 even more.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

TeamTerrible #48 Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 45103 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostEZP_MRKARP, on 06 June 2017 - 06:56 AM, said:

MORE THAN ONE ACCOUNT IS FOR THE POOR SOULS WHO CANT LIVE WITH THE FIRST ACCOUNTS SCORE

So that's why they get all bent out of shape when I tell them its time for a 3rd account cause that 2nd one isn't cutting it :trollface:

MelBrooks #49 Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 29911 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostEZP_MRKARP, on 06 June 2017 - 06:56 AM, said:

See here! All those in the participation trophy generation are gentle souls! This could be too much for them to handle! LOL

Edited by MelBrooks, 07 June 2017 - 02:59 PM.

BrushWolf #50 Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:42 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10764 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostNoreaga, on 05 June 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

i know in beta i accepted things i didnt accept in release, but after years of this it really isnt about "we did it so can you you" but ok "this is a problem how can we make it less of one" and no i do not think banning players from low tiers is the right choice but i have nothing to add either.

PS i have also never liked T1-3 so even in beta i was haunting T4+, maybe that is also part of it.

We are waiting two minutes now for matches filled with bots. At least part of that is the psychotic focus of the MM on single and two tier matches and while technically still in the MM three tier matches are so rare that most of us are not mentally prepared to be bottom tier in them anymore.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Truckerskills #51 Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:13 PM

Airman Basic

• 3905 battles
  • [TIS] TIS
The solution is called the training room. If you can't handle the seal clubbers practice , practice, practice, till you get an ace every second try, and then you're the sealclubber.

GhostPrime #52 Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:47 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1545 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

In the beginning, we did have a matchmaker that would keep the newer players with the newer players and the veteran players with the more experienced. However the length of time it took to get into matches was long, so the MM was opened up for everyone. I can understand and sympathize with the feeling that new players will just get crushed early on. This is one of the reasons if I am to fly low tiers, I don't take the humans out first, and try and help the newer players that I see in those battles. 

Not everyone will accept help, but reaching out and asking if they would like to flight up and play a few battles to get the hang of things will help both this issue, and help a new player become a better pilot. 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

arrrgh #53 Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:16 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30547 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Have not read the thread, but how about this.

Tier 1 games have the worst bot AI in a standard game.

At tier 1, If a player has  < X battles,  give them an all bot enemy side, but with 1 bot the next skill tier.

BCB77B #54 Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:59 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6190 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostNakamichy, on 03 June 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

Starting from scratch after a couple of years of not playing and tier 1 and 2 is filled with experienced players trying to get tokens and generally ruining the fun for everyone else. Why not ban anyone with more than 500 battles from those 2 tiers. Let the beatings start at tier 3. 

....and why didn't you go back to your original account? Something wrong with it? No. You're just trying to improve your stats and now it isn't working like you thought it would. Humm....

I fly all my planes and spent a lot of time in the Tier I and II ranges to build up experience and understand the mechanics of the game, and how best to tweek pilots and aircraft. I still fly a few mission on all four of my Tier I and II, and there isn't any reason why I should be BANNED from doing so because a REROLL isn't getting the results he wants.

I lose games in Tier I and II also - mainly because the NOOBS on my team are clueless on how to play the game and do everything wrong. They're learning, just like the rest of us did many years ago when the game launched.

Now you want to give them a FREE PASS and let them WIN the majority of their initial games? Give me a break. Learn to play the game. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know:

1) Never fly in straight horizontal paths

2) Never attack a cluster of 3 or more enemy fighters all alone - you'll lose

3) Don't use your fighter as a GA aircraft

4) Learn to use engine thrust and momentum properly so you maintain energy without over taxing your engine, and then stall out.

5) Learn to use stalls to position your aircraft to attack a chasing enemy who is flying in horizontal loops

6) Learn how to break out of loop with a persistent chasing enemy

7) Never give up and break out of a loop with a chasing enemy, and then fly in a straight path (he'll shoot you down every time)

8) Learn to use the terrain to your advantage - you can fly close to it and around rocks and hills and buildings giving your enemy a great deal of frustration

9) If carrying bombs, realize you don't need to fly close to the ground over the target giving up your altitude advantage - you can drop them from 3,000 feet or more and still hit the target

Need I go on.....?????

GouIdy #55 Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:34 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18256 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBCB77B, on 14 June 2017 - 04:59 AM, said:

....and why didn't you go back to your original account? Something wrong with it? No. You're just trying to improve your stats and now it isn't working like you thought it would. Humm....

I fly all my planes and spent a lot of time in the Tier I and II ranges to build up experience and understand the mechanics of the game, and how best to tweek pilots and aircraft. I still fly a few mission on all four of my Tier I and II, and there isn't any reason why I should be BANNED from doing so because a REROLL isn't getting the results he wants.

I lose games in Tier I and II also - mainly because the NOOBS on my team are clueless on how to play the game and do everything wrong. They're learning, just like the rest of us did many years ago when the game launched.

Now you want to give them a FREE PASS and let them WIN the majority of their initial games? Give me a break. Learn to play the game. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know:

Look at you getting all feisty because someone is suggesting removing the seal clubbers from tiers 1-2. You worried your bread & butter will be taken away?

_Laserguided_ #56 Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:57 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4277 battles

This reminds me of the flights of three are evil, which ironically was led by a few folks who had countless battles in low tiers in only the most OP planes....

BTW...  

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

"Dont doubt my computer skills,I started with a pentium 2" -- Chuck

Jyarbro28 #57 Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:01 AM

Master Sergeant

• 11262 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

Daily missions sometimes require a specific type of aircraft or a specific nation; I'm sorry I only have some freebies left in the hangar at T1-4. If you ban me from t2-3 I'll never finish daily missions. I've said it for a long time that daily mission encourage seal clubbing. And besides that the I-5 shsks is probably the funnest plane I have at any tier.

Rarearth #58 Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:21 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 36529 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostNakamichy, on 03 June 2017 - 10:42 PM, said:

Reroll indeed, my main has 350 battles but I'd rather start fresh. Oh I can install mods and read forums. 

Well then, ban the players with over 1000 battles from tier 1. 

​Challenge..... beat my type 91 in a match , you can use up to tier 3 beat me and I still wont stop flying 1s . If you earn it Fly it :coin:

TeamTerrible #59 Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 45103 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostRarearth, on 17 June 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

​Challenge..... beat my type 91 in a match , you can use up to tier 3 beat me and I still wont stop flying 1s . If you earn it Fly it :coin:

lol, wow

a 47% win/rate and look at all of those battles you have in tiers 1 and 2

I'd say stay there but you are better off uninstalling

MARS_REVENANT #60 Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:39 PM

Major

• 32919 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
This is another example of ageism... why is it only young people can seal club in tier 1 and 2?

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users