• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

MARS_REVENANT #21 Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:51 PM

Major

• 34272 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 02 June 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

Clearly you have no idea.

He does have a point... vulcn continues to avoid competition.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

tahee59 #22 Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8032 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN
But I must if you know what I'm talking about.

beaver_cleaver #23 Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 31081 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 02 June 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

War you're doing a great job, and you are not to blame for anything. WG isn't going to change their plans to accomodate our little community tournament...such is life. However, there is no need to turn everything upside down over this Thor's Hammer thing. At most, players on the tourney teams will miss a fraction of the Thor's event. To be honest, the tourney prizes are way better than what's in those crates WG is handing out. That said, everyone will have more than enough opportunity to get crates over the course of the month. I would just leave things the way they are. Teams/players will have to decide which event is more important to them and be so guided.

As for the WHAWK reschedule, we are going to try and get an idea of our members preferences and work from there.

20th - we were trying to work with our guys issues as well. Some of our pilots had the game crashing, black screens, and unable to get back to hanger - we did not want to fight with bugs and fewer pilots. We will work to accommodate a schedule that works.

EspressoForHammy #24 Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:19 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5307 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 02 June 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

Oh look, our resident troll-in-chief is back. Say, are you even playing for your clan in this thing or not ? i know you got all the jokes and what not, but do you have any balls ? I actually already know the answers to both those questions so nvm. Just go on playing the forums...its what you're best at anyway, right ?

So I've waited to see what DID end up becoming of this tournament, and OH LOOK! Just as I predicted. BRATS is inflexible, HAWKS are easily offended, WS is a no show, SSG lost internet connectivity, SICK is SICK, and FAILCO gets the nod as best clam.

HAWKS lost a good clanmate over this mess, 20 Millennium got his knickers in a wad, MARCO just wants to fly, BoBo tries to keep the peace and then lashes out when it doesn't work, etc. etc. etc.

This is just another episode of the same show boys. Doesn't matter that I've rarely fought in these things (because of my kids I can't). You can see what Macy's is selling by looking through the window, and when you walk by Monday thru Thursday and see piles of crap, there's no reason to think Friday will be unicorns and rainbows.

In conclusion, I'm sorry that WarChylde fell into the same pit as everyone else who's tried and failed to run a tournament. It's not your fault War. WG should be running these, not the players.

In further conclusion, PLEASE keep running the tournaments. They are AMAZING fodder for a certain hamster. :)

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

20thCenturyLtd #25 Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18543 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 13 June 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

So I've waited to see what DID end up becoming of this tournament, and OH LOOK! Just as I predicted. BRATS is inflexible, HAWKS are easily offended, WS is a no show, SSG lost internet connectivity, SICK is SICK, and FAILCO gets the nod as best clam.

HAWKS lost a good clanmate over this mess, 20 Millennium got his knickers in a wad, MARCO just wants to fly, BoBo tries to keep the peace and then lashes out when it doesn't work, etc. etc. etc.

This is just another episode of the same show boys. Doesn't matter that I've rarely fought in these things (because of my kids I can't). You can see what Macy's is selling by looking through the window, and when you walk by Monday thru Thursday and see piles of crap, there's no reason to think Friday will be unicorns and rainbows.

In conclusion, I'm sorry that WarChylde fell into the same pit as everyone else who's tried and failed to run a tournament. It's not your fault War. WG should be running these, not the players.

In further conclusion, PLEASE keep running the tournaments. They are AMAZING fodder for a certain hamster. :)

LOL...who the hell are you trying to kid. I saw you playing against FALCO on SICK's team. So you have time to play for SICK but not your own clan. Boy I tell ya, WHAWKS found themselves a real winner in you Hammy.

Edited by 20thCenturyLtd, 13 June 2017 - 06:02 PM.

Personnel Officer, Knights of Dracarys

Please PM me if interested in applying or for more information.

EspressoForHammy #26 Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:08 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5307 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Remember, I did say "rarely". :) Props for trying to "call me out", I guess...

That was late at night, and I happened to be in the SICK TS. I played as a favor to MARCO so he wouldn't have to add another bot to his team.

I like to think I am a winner, thank you!

Edited by EspressoForHammy, 13 June 2017 - 06:10 PM.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

MARS_REVENANT #27 Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:46 PM

Major

• 34272 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 13 June 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

Remember, I did say "rarely". :) Props for trying to "call me out", I guess...

That was late at night, and I happened to be in the SICK TS. I played as a favor to MARCO so he wouldn't have to add another bot to his team.

I like to think I am a winner, thank you!

Can confirm. I was desperate for players. I believe hammy played for 1 or 2, then had to go due to real life kiddos.  The bot replacement was just as disappointing as hammy trying to fly an F2H competitively.

Jaguardian #28 Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:10 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 20067 battles

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 13 June 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

So I've waited to see what DID end up becoming of this tournament, and OH LOOK! Just as I predicted. 

Mr. Obvious.  Any rational person could have predicted this since it doesn't just apply to the participants in this tournament.  This same scenario would have played out the same way in any other game with different clans and people.  That is why there are so many lawyers.  Any time you have a contest with flexible rules, it is just human nature to run into conflict.  You either have rules that are precise or you can expect humans to mess it up by either bending the rules too for or not allowing them to be bent at all.  Enter the lawyers!

MARS_REVENANT #29 Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:16 PM

Major

• 34272 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostJaguardian, on 14 June 2017 - 11:10 AM, said:

Mr. Obvious.  Any rational person could have predicted this since it doesn't just apply to the participants in this tournament.  This same scenario would have played out the same way in any other game with different clans and people.  That is why there are so many lawyers.  Any time you have a contest with flexible rules, it is just human nature to run into conflict.  You either have rules that are precise or you can expect humans to mess it up by either bending the rules too for or not allowing them to be bent at all.  Enter the lawyers!

The rules that lead to this were precise.  Substitutions can only be used if the players on your roster were not online and you were shorthanded.  Warchyld was quite clear, you can not bench someone on your roster that is online for someone that was not on your roster.

DRACS followed the rules.

Lou #30 Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7780 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 13 June 2017 - 12:46 PM, said:

The bot replacement was just as disappointing

Here's the problem. Running bots in the "Bench the Bots" tournament. As per rules, no bots allowed. in capitals. And we get hammered for following the rules.

MARS_REVENANT #31 Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:00 AM

Major

• 34272 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostLou, on 17 June 2017 - 09:37 PM, said:

Here's the problem. Running bots in the "Bench the Bots" tournament. As per rules, no bots allowed. in capitals. And we get hammered for following the rules.

How is that the problem?

gerr22 #32 Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:34 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 15161 battles
  • [17SQ] 17SQ
is this a forum fight or are we gonna fight in a tourney or has this also come to an end

MARS_REVENANT #33 Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:11 PM

Major

• 34272 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Postgerr22, on 18 June 2017 - 12:34 AM, said:

is this a forum fight or are we gonna fight in a tourney or has this also come to an end

The 'Bench the Bot" tournament has come to an end.  DRACS are hosting a new tournament at a lower tier.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users