"Bench The Bots" Postponement

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

_Warchylde_ #1 Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:51 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Due to today's update and the Thor's Hammer event, tonight's final Round Robin battles will be postponed until Saturday June 3, at 21:00 (9:00 pm) EDT  (UTC -4).

2nd Stage Double Elimination will begin on Thursday June 8, at 21:00 EDT  (UTC -4).

EDIT: fixed date.

Edited by _Warchylde_, 02 June 2017 - 04:41 AM.

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:56 AM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
Thanks!

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

MARS_REVENANT #3 Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:08 AM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Seems that Thor's Hammer runs from 7pm to 9pm EDT.  Suggest we change tournament time to 9:15 or 9:30pm EDT.

Thoughts?

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

_Warchylde_ #4 Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:20 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I will leave it up to the Team Captains.

And I want to thank WG for stepping all over the tournament.

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

x_WARHOG_x #5 Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:50 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Think you have a typo there Warchylde the 6th cant be saturday and thursday the 8th so do you mean the 2nd?

Sneaking up on your six.....................

_Warchylde_ #6 Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:42 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postx_WARHOG_x, on 01 June 2017 - 08:50 PM, said:

Think you have a typo there Warchylde the 6th cant be saturday and thursday the 8th so do you mean the 2nd?

yeah, Saturday is the 3rd, thanks bro... I fixed it.

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

_Warchylde_ #7 Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:20 PM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

So....DRACS was ready to fight it out after the Thor's Hammer event last night, but WHAWK declined to fight, citing game bugs, lag issues, and a lack of players.

At one point, in frustration, WHAWK declared a forfeit.  This does no one any good....I want to see the two best clans duke it out.

So, in the interest of fairness, I am leaving it up to the two teams (Bobozebear & 20thCenturyLTD) and (beaver_cleaver & MADVORTEXAN) to figure out an alternate date & time that is agreeable to both before the weekend is out.

On Monday morning, if there are no battle results, then I will declare WHAWK to be forfeit, awarding DRACS the victory.

If this upsets anyone, then they are more than welcome to take over this tournament, because I'm getting nothing out of this except an ulcer.

So y'all figure it out, and let me know.  Otherwise, y'all can take this tournament and shove it.

Edited by _Warchylde_, 02 June 2017 - 04:34 PM.

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

MARS_REVENANT #8 Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:00 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Post_Warchylde_, on 02 June 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

So....DRACS was ready to fight it out after the Thor's Hammer event last night, but WHAWK declined to fight, citing game bugs, lag issues, and a lack of players.

At one point, in frustration, WHAWK declared a forfeit.  This does no one any good....I want to see the two best clans duke it out.

So, in the interest of fairness, I am leaving it up to the two teams (Bobozebear & 20thCenturyLTD) and (beaver_cleaver & MADVORTEXAN) to figure out an alternate date & time that is agreeable to both before the weekend is out.

On Monday morning, if there are no battle results, then I will declare WHAWK to be forfeit, awarding DRACS the victory.

If this upsets anyone, then they are more than welcome to take over this tournament, because I'm getting nothing out of this except an ulcer.

So y'all figure it out, and let me know.  Otherwise, y'all can take this tournament and shove it.

SICK and FALCO agreed to play on Saturday.  WHy not do it on Saturday as well, as this would have been a regularly scheduled battle night anyway as the elimination round was supposed to start, and SICK and FALCO would not be ready to start elimination anyway.

beaver_cleaver #9 Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 02 June 2017 - 12:00 PM, said:

SICK and FALCO agreed to play on Saturday.  WHy not do it on Saturday as well, as this would have been a regularly scheduled battle night anyway as the elimination round was supposed to start, and SICK and FALCO would not be ready to start elimination anyway.

We offered that alternative and would gladly fly on Saturday - Dracs didn't want to agree to it. We can fly Saturday. Though the clan would prefer a time that does not interfere with WoWP latest contest.

MARS_REVENANT #10 Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:07 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Postbeaver_cleaver, on 02 June 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

We offered that alternative and would gladly fly on Saturday - Dracs didn't want to agree to it. We can fly Saturday. Though the clan would prefer a time that does not interfere with WoWP latest contest.

Yeah it would be nice to shift the time to 9:15 or 9:30 to be after Thor's Hammer

_Warchylde_ #11 Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Like I said, I will leave it up to the clan leadership/team captains to hammer out the details, and find an accomodation that satisfies everyone.

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

EspressoForHammy #12 Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:11 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Well. I feel like I've seen this exact scenario before... Why does this seem like a massive bout of deja-vu? Maybe because BRATS is always this inflexible and hard-headed when it comes to tournament play?

Enjoy creating and running a tournament War; this exact scenario is what anyone who runs a tourney falls into. Something comes up, BRATS refuses to flex, and a towel and some nasty words get thrown around. After which the tourney director is promptly tossed under a bus and declared to be incompetent by 20th Millenium, (BRATS used car internet manager).

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

MARS_REVENANT #13 Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:24 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Post_Warchylde_, on 02 June 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

Just thinking about this a little further.  If there was an original agreement to postpone the battle to Saturday, followed by a request to play after Thor's Hammer ended, then the default would still be the original agreement to play on Saturday.  If WHAWK then decided to forfeit, it would be a forfeit on Saturdays battle, not yesterdays, as that was already cancelled.

Not sure if that helps in any way, but that is how it looks to me.  If both teams decided not to play on Saturday, to me, it would be recorded as a loss for both, and we can proceed with elimination rounds on Thursday.

GouIdy #14 Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:40 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 02 June 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

Well. I feel like I've seen this exact scenario before... Why does this seem like a massive bout of deja-vu? Maybe because BRATS is always this inflexible and hard-headed when it comes to tournament play?

Enjoy creating and running a tournament War; this exact scenario is what anyone who runs a tourney falls into. Something comes up, BRATS refuses to flex, and a towel and some nasty words get thrown around. After which the tourney director is promptly tossed under a bus and declared to be incompetent by 20th Millenium, (BRATS used car internet manager).

Certainly doesn't help when people that don't know what the [edited]they are talking about chime in with their two cents.

20thCenturyLtd #15 Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 5 battles

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 02 June 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

Oh look, our resident troll-in-chief is back. Say, are you even playing for your clan in this thing or not ? i know you got all the jokes and what not, but do you have any balls ? I actually already know the answers to both those questions so nvm. Just go on playing the forums...its what you're best at anyway, right ?

_Warchylde_ #16 Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:59 PM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 02 June 2017 - 12:24 PM, said:

Just thinking about this a little further.  If there was an original agreement to postpone the battle to Saturday, followed by a request to play after Thor's Hammer ended, then the default would still be the original agreement to play on Saturday.  If WHAWK then decided to forfeit, it would be a forfeit on Saturdays battle, not yesterdays, as that was already cancelled.

Not sure if that helps in any way, but that is how it looks to me.  If both teams decided not to play on Saturday, to me, it would be recorded as a loss for both, and we can proceed with elimination rounds on Thursday.

Look, y'all.....I'm just a dumb, fat ol' wood-butcher, who likes to drive fast boats and shoot guns.  I'm not a lawyer, and have no desire to pretend to be one.

Y'all are grown men (for the most part)....for the love of all that is sacred and profane, just work it out.  Try to get it done before the weekend is over.

But I need to put something into the Challonge website so that it will set the 2nd Stage brackets.

2nd Stage Double Elimination starts Thursday 6/8.  We can make the time later or earlier, whatever works best for everybody.  

Once again, I would like to thank WG for stepping all over the tournament.

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

20thCenturyLtd #17 Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 5 battles

View Post_Warchylde_, on 02 June 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

Look, y'all.....I'm just a dumb, fat ol' wood-butcher, who likes to drive fast boats and shoot guns.  I'm not a lawyer, and have no desire to pretend to be one.

Y'all are grown men (for the most part)....for the love of all that is sacred and profane, just work it out.  Try to get it done before the weekend is over.

But I need to put something into the Challonge website so that it will set the 2nd Stage brackets.

2nd Stage Double Elimination starts Thursday 6/8.  We can make the time later or earlier, whatever works best for everybody.  

Once again, I would like to thank WG for stepping all over the tournament.

War you're doing a great job, and you are not to blame for anything. WG isn't going to change their plans to accomodate our little community tournament...such is life. However, there is no need to turn everything upside down over this Thor's Hammer thing. At most, players on the tourney teams will miss a fraction of the Thor's event. To be honest, the tourney prizes are way better than what's in those crates WG is handing out. That said, everyone will have more than enough opportunity to get crates over the course of the month. I would just leave things the way they are. Teams/players will have to decide which event is more important to them and be so guided.

As for the WHAWK reschedule, we are going to try and get an idea of our members preferences and work from there.

Edited by 20thCenturyLtd, 02 June 2017 - 06:13 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #18 Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:28 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 02 June 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

:facepalm: Lame troll attempt is lame and easily called out.

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 02 June 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

Oh look, our resident troll-in-chief is back. Say, are you even playing for your clan in this thing or not ? i know you got all the jokes and what not, but do you have any balls ? I actually already know the answers to both those questions so nvm. Just go on playing the forums...its what you're best at anyway, right ?

Hammy, Arrow, Mack, and I joined WHAWK to troll PT with his community league.  Hammy, other than joining has never participated in anything since.  Not that you were, but don't hold anything against WHAWK due to hammy.

I will say this, when SICK battled DRACS, I asked for some leniency on timing to get the battle going, and it was agreed upon by both teams.  I asked 3 other questions, and was given 3 answers, the teams agreed and we battled based on the agreement.  That is what this tournament is about.  Having battles.  It is always a good idea to have 2 rational people come together to discuss terms and make agreements.

tahee59 #19 Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN
Things never change.:P

20thCenturyLtd #20 Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 5 battles

View Posttahee59, on 02 June 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

Things never change.:P