Jump to content


1.9.10 Official feedback thread


  • Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Psicko23 #41 Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:09 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 18606 battles
  • 2,547
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

 The ignore function is meant for you to ignore any communication with the person that is on the ignore list. It does not hide their name or plane in game.



GhostPrime #42 Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:35 PM

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 1540 battles
  • 1,756
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

View PostUryangkhai, on 14 June 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

 

About a quarter of the WoWp population.  So really a tiny number.

But that's not the point.

The ignore function is worthless: 0% of the people on the ignore list can be spotted at a glance.

That's the point, and the patch missed it.

Again.

 

Psicko23 is correct. You will still see the player in game, but it will block communication from that player


Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!


Uryangkhai #43 Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:23 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 8775 battles
  • 15
  • Member since:
    09-14-2012

View PostGhostPrime, on 15 June 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

 

Psicko23 is correct. You will still see the player in game, but it will block communication from that player

 

His post is irrelevant (again!).  And so is yours.

 

 

View PostUryangkhai, on 15 June 2017 - 01:02 AM, said:

The ignore function is worthless: 0% of the people on the ignore list can be spotted at a glance.

That's the point, and the patch missed it.

Again.

 

The game and forum of Warplanes can still fail to meet even minimally low expectations. 

 

Plus ça change.



Dsembr_Rein #44 Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:35 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 10312 battles
  • 1,258
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
What good would an in-battle indicator be? Are you trying to strike up conversations only to be left hanging? If you have so many people on your ignore list that you don't recognize their names in battle without some sort of indicator, perhaps you should look closer at your criteria for adding players to that list. Maybe you took their criticism as an attack, and so your continued performance in battle keeps attracting criticisms that lead you to add even more names to that list when in fact you should be looking to improve your play.

View PostUryangkhai, on 15 June 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

Plus ça change.

 Indeed.



Uryangkhai #45 Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:46 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 8775 battles
  • 15
  • Member since:
    09-14-2012

View PostDsembr_Rein, on 15 June 2017 - 11:35 PM, said:

What good would an in-battle indicator be? Are you trying to strike up conversations only to be left hanging? If you have so many people on your ignore list that you don't recognize their names in battle without some sort of indicator, perhaps you should look closer at your criteria for adding players to that list. Maybe you took their criticism as an attack, and so your continued performance in battle keeps attracting criticisms that lead you to add even more names to that list when in fact you should be looking to improve your play.

 Indeed.

 

Congrats, at least somebody can post something pertinent, you are hereby awarded Order of the Rare Poster, First Class.  

:medal:

 

What use?  Know who to kill (first).

:izmena:

 

As to quantity of ignores, that's moot so long as the system itself is a steaming heap of unidentified goop.  i.e. doesn't matter if i have 10 or 100 or 1,000 because the simple function fails to meet the existence criterion.



Psicko23 #46 Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:11 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 18606 battles
  • 2,547
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

You want to kill the people on your ignore list first? That could easily cost the game, and about the stupidest thing I've heard. You should always be going after the plane that is the mossy dangerous to you. If you are in a heavy and the person on your ignore list is on a ga, if you go kill them first, chances are you will lose the most of the time. All of the games I play that have an ignore function does not have an indicator in game showing who is on your ignore list. The ignore function is one of the few things that works correctly in this game. It's not the ignore function. You need to look I  a mirror and search for the issue of why you have so many people on ignore and can't remember them.

     This game has a lot of problems, the ignore function isn't one of those. Just for you for some bizzare reason. Since most of your battles was Im in the far past, I'm guessing that a good chunk of those people on your ignore list don't even play anymore. I'm probably foot to end up on that list. I don't care. You might as well write my name on a sticky and put it on the bottom of the monitor so you can hunt me when you see me in battle. I don't care. Bring it.



death2019 #47 Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:24 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 22925 battles
  • 576
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    10-14-2014

I think it is a bug of 94D. When my rockets hit a target, there was no damage. It happened too many times. 

 


Edited by death2019, 19 June 2017 - 04:36 AM.





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users