Thinking about coming back

clan fun coming back

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Longrun4 #1 Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:42 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
What do you think is warplanes worth coming back to ? Also it was fun when the game first came out cause I had people to fly with but if I come back now I am going to be flying solo would it be better to just hit a up a clan and relearn the game if I do come back . Thank in advance btw for any responces.

Psicko23 #2 Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:50 AM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Only you can tell us if its worth coming back to. There are people that would probably be willing to flight with you. There are also a few different clans to choose from to flight with. It all depends on what patch you left at and why. Personally I would prefer the game to be back how it was in 1.4 or earlier, but with all the new planes they have added. the 1.9 patch is better than 1.6, 1.7, and early 1.8. Install it, give it a try. If you don't like it after a good amount of battles, then uninstall.

_Warchylde_ #3 Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:55 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPsicko23, on 28 May 2017 - 09:50 PM, said:

Only you can tell us if its worth coming back to. There are people that would probably be willing to flight with you. There are also a few different clans to choose from to flight with. It all depends on what patch you left at and why. Personally I would prefer the game to be back how it was in 1.4 or earlier, but with all the new planes they have added. the 1.9 patch is better than 1.6, 1.7, and early 1.8. Install it, give it a try. If you don't like it after a good amount of battles, then uninstall.

^^^THIS

Indeed, try it out, and see if it is your brand of scotch.

If it is, hit up any of us in game for as flight and some chat.

If not, then fair winds, and following seas, brother.

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Steel_bomber_ #4 Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Do it and find out, be your own judge !!:great:
THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

losttwo #5 Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:40 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

You better rosin up your keyboard and play that joystick hard

cause bots broke lose in warplanes and RU deals the cards.

If you win your get a shiny token made of gold.

But if you lose then RU gets your soul.

............come on back if you ever want to try again.

Edited by losttwo, 29 May 2017 - 07:41 AM.

spaceghost2 #6 Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:59 AM

Senior Airman

• 90 battles
  • [-IBF-] -IBF-

Sometimes the game sucks,However if you did get any enjoyment at all from it  I would say give it another shot. It can be unfair,frustrating and some crap from some of the pilots. But it is still fun. I don't leave the game because of the guys here I Don't like , I stay because of the great ones I do like and there are many. Give it a shot Longrun .

Hope to see you in the skies  o7

Cheers!

RedSpartacus #7 Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
Why did you leave in the first place ? Are you looking if the points of concern have improved ? Well tell us and we can tell you.
  RUN WITH THE PACK

gerr22 #8 Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 801 battles
  • [17SQ] 17SQ
welcome back just fly man ( i mean fly planes) it s still a blast 

scipionmk #9 Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:13 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Got infected almost four years now.

Still here and still playing.

Went from bad to worse patch, but love is strong enough.

Longrun4 #10 Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:55 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Thanks for all the responses been flying a bit haven't done anything higher than tier 5 cause I need to build my skills back up cause damn I sucked it up bad in the first 10 games back lol just need to tweek up the control to get things smoothed out hopefully I will meet some of you in the sky soon.

Psicko23 #11 Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:37 PM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Welcome back. yeah, this game definitely has a learning curve and a re-learning curve if its been awhile.

BCB77B #12 Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:40 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 70 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Its a great game, better than it was after the massive shift to bots when everyone bailed and went back to WOT. There are quite a few human players now, either new or never left. Love the game way better than it was.

Psicko23 #13 Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:23 AM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
It's not as good as it was when I first started in 1.2, but much better than 1.6 with the insane wait times for a 1v1. They started figuring it out in late 1.8 where we were having decent sized battles of about 6-10 people per side. 

RBSPWAW #14 Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:16 PM

Airman Basic

• 2 battles
  • [SPWAW] SPWAW
I left when bots got introduced. Did they do anything about the mess that was? I am getting a bit tired of WoT now and would like to try WoWP again if it's better now. 

Edited by RBSPWAW, 31 May 2017 - 05:19 PM.

GhostPrime #15 Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:47 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 55 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostRBSPWAW, on 31 May 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

I left when bots got introduced. Did they do anything about the mess that was? I am getting a bit tired of WoT now and would like to try WoWP again if it's better now. 

Can't hurt to come back and try it out. I'd say yes it's better, but you should be the judge of that yourself. :)

View PostBCB77B, on 30 May 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

Its a great game, better than it was after the massive shift to bots when everyone bailed and went back to WOT. There are quite a few human players now, either new or never left. Love the game way better than it was.

Thanks! :honoring:

View PostLongrun4, on 29 May 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

Thanks for all the responses been flying a bit haven't done anything higher than tier 5 cause I need to build my skills back up cause damn I sucked it up bad in the first 10 games back lol just need to tweek up the control to get things smoothed out hopefully I will meet some of you in the sky soon.

Welcome back! 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

armydoc83 #16 Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:43 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 30 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I've decided to give the game another chance. Played my first round with my La-5 and actually got a great teammate calling out coordinated targets. He was the only other human on my team, but the experience was fun nonetheless. The bots aren't the most skilled pilots in the sky, but it's better than playing the same 3-4 people over and over again because MM can't find anybody else. Think I'll ease my way back into the game.

Big question I have is whether there's still the 'solo mode' where you practice against all drones? I have a lot of Tier VI and VII planes that have been gathering dust in the hangar for a couple years and it'd be nice to get a handle on their flight characteristics before I get trounced by the pros.

Psicko23 #17 Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:50 AM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
You can still access the training room and fill it in with bots. You can adjust their skill level too. The actual battle against bots was removed when they implemented bots in standard battle. Welcome back. 

GhostPrime #18 Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:52 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 55 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View Postarmydoc83, on 01 June 2017 - 04:43 PM, said:

I've decided to give the game another chance. Played my first round with my La-5 and actually got a great teammate calling out coordinated targets. He was the only other human on my team, but the experience was fun nonetheless. The bots aren't the most skilled pilots in the sky, but it's better than playing the same 3-4 people over and over again because MM can't find anybody else. Think I'll ease my way back into the game.

Big question I have is whether there's still the 'solo mode' where you practice against all drones? I have a lot of Tier VI and VII planes that have been gathering dust in the hangar for a couple years and it'd be nice to get a handle on their flight characteristics before I get trounced by the pros.

Welcome Back! 

As Psicko mentioned, you can battle the bots in training rooms. There are many options to tailor the settings. 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

pigeon_kicker #19 Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [SF] SF

Right on. Grab up the new mod installer for 1.9.10.0 on your way back in thru the door.

I will be updating my website tomorrow sometime.

So, here is the first build for version 5 --> Google Drive Link

Enjoy, PK

If you want to make god laugh, tell him about your plans for survival..

Lead developer for the NACCW web site. Author of the Pigeon Pak Mod Installer

www.team-sf.com

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users