Its been a while (bots?)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Voltzar #1 Posted 28 May 2017 - 05:34 AM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
Really love W/Planes, but as the game bleed people we (me and my best bud) quit playing. However, after two moths of bots being introduced we decided to play again, and found it very frustrating since the damn bots would steal kills or were just more skilled than us - admittedly we play for fun. So we left again and now we're curious whether or not more players or if changes to bots have been made to warrant re-downloading this game again? 

Zapperguy #2 Posted 28 May 2017 - 05:53 AM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

The bots in this game are not that skilled. That said, you won't do very well just occasionally trying the game. If you want to win vs humans or bots, it takes practice.

With 1383 battles under your belt, you aren't exactly a noob, but if you haven't played in a while, then that's not a lot of experience to draw from and think you'll see instant success.

If you decide to try the game again, I recommend you stick with it long enough to improve your skills and then make a fair assessment of the game.

Here's a link to some tips others have found helpful: http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/48993-boarderline-unplayable/page__pid__679946#entry679946

Welcome back?

Hope to see you in the skies!

:honoring:

Steel_bomber_ #3 Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

But then again, when you get skilled, the game becomes boring and frustrating as bots are really stupid.

In the lower tier bots are retarded and play extremely bad.

In the mid tier bots perform better, but they have no tactical skill, they do the most stupid things.

From tier >6 bots still play stupid, it becomes frustrating if you're a skilled player.

For me the thrill is so much out of the game, it used to be so much fun.

Nowadays it is only fun if you fly together with someone and have communications. It's the only fun to have for me.

I refuse to play this game solo, I just think it is too boring and has no thrill.

If you want to get ACES or Gorovets medals, stay in the tier <3 and you will get rewarded !  Bots are boring and frustrating.

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

pyantoryng #4 Posted 28 May 2017 - 08:16 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

Your bots can rout as quickly as they can rout the enemy and you don't even get a chance to put any work in.

Bots' changes are either subtle of they haven't changed at all...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

losttwo #5 Posted 28 May 2017 - 09:50 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I agree with you OP.

I can't finish DOOM because the BOTS are to good

Can't get through all the Call of Duty missions because BOTS are too good.

Not even going to mention DEFIANCE and its problems.

BORDERLANDS is the worst.

Perhaps if you have so much trouble with BOTS then try Mario Kart, Donkey Kong or Sonic. 

Psicko23 #6 Posted 28 May 2017 - 10:50 AM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

The only way you are going to get better than the bots and other people is to learn and get better. There is no such thing as kill stealing in this game. This game is a team game. The object is for one team to destroy all the planes on the other team. If a bot or other human kills a plane that you were working on, that means less enemy planes in the air. It also means that you were probably taking too long to kill the plane.

Zapperguy #7 Posted 28 May 2017 - 01:56 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View Postlosttwo, on 28 May 2017 - 04:50 AM, said:

I agree with you OP.

I can't finish DOOM because the BOTS are to good

Can't get through all the Call of Duty missions because BOTS are too good.

Not even going to mention DEFIANCE and its problems.

BORDERLANDS is the worst.

Perhaps if you have so much trouble with BOTS then try Mario Kart, Donkey Kong or Sonic. 

Way to welcome a potential returning player.

:facepalm:

Voltzar #8 Posted 28 May 2017 - 02:27 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles

View PostZapperguy, on 27 May 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

The bots in this game are not that skilled. That said, you won't do very well just occasionally trying the game. If you want to win vs humans or bots, it takes practice.

With 1383 battles under your belt, you aren't exactly a noob, but if you haven't played in a while, then that's not a lot of experience to draw from and think you'll see instant success.

If you decide to try the game again, I recommend you stick with it long enough to improve your skills and then make a fair assessment of the game.

Here's a link to some tips others have found helpful: http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/48993-boarderline-unplayable/page__pid__679946#entry679946

Welcome back?

Hope to see you in the skies!

Thank you for the link and that is a fair and wise assessment. Thank you for not making assumptions like the lasttwo has done. 

Back when we were playing regularly we actually started having some good games. Maybe its time to stick with it for a while again. 

How many people are logged in at peak time and when are those times? 

Zapperguy #9 Posted 28 May 2017 - 03:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostVoltzar, on 28 May 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

Thank you for the link and that is a fair and wise assessment. Thank you for not making assumptions like the lasttwo has done. 

Back when we were playing regularly we actually started having some good games. Maybe its time to stick with it for a while again. 

Happy to help. Don't let curmudgeonly vets scare you off. Try this link to see the peak server times: https://stats.wotapi.ru/stats/wowp/na/total

Psicko23 #10 Posted 29 May 2017 - 03:30 AM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
The usual peak times is in the evenings. I'd say probably 5-9 pm Pacific time give or take. Weekends can vary. 

GhostPrime #11 Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:55 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 19 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostVoltzar, on 28 May 2017 - 06:27 AM, said:

Welcome back to the game! 

The bots can be frustrating to get used to, but you will quickly learn the ins and outs of the Ai.

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users