Earning Tokens

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

MadMan61 #1 Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:11 AM

Airman Basic

• 185 battles

Noob here!

So far only up to tier 3.

Question?: Daily missions: Am I reading this right? I can only complete them & earn Tokens, if I complete all 3 tier levels.

I'm getting the message that I completed the 1st level, but that the Mission is only partially complete. Thus no earned Tokens.

But I can't purchase higher tiers without Tokens & I can't earn Tokens without higher tiers?

Catch 22 ????

GouIdy #2 Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:17 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18623 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

It is true that you need to do all 3 parts of the missions to get the tokens but you can purchase premium aircraft using real currency in the premium shop or from the tech tree using gold. You can also research regular tech tree aircraft using experience points saved from the previous aircraft & then purchasing with the in game currency(silver).

Right now the only thing you can purchase with tokens is premium time & hangar slots but sometimes they have special events where you can buy aircraft & other stuff for tokens.

Edited by GouIdy, 24 May 2017 - 01:30 AM.

_Warchylde_ #3 Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:46 AM

First Lieutenant

• 10944 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

You don't use tokens to unlock higher tiers.  Like Gouldy already stated, you unlock the next tier by earning enough experience on a plane to research the next higher tier in that line, and then purchase the plane with the silver credits you earn through gameplay.

You can also earn tokens by earning epic achievements, such as Ace, Destroyer, Thunder, Clostermann, Gorovets, etc.  You get one token for each medal, once per day.

But yes, until you own and fly a plane in the other tier categories (5-7, and 8-10), you will not be able to complete missions for tokens.

Again, like Gouldy already stated, you can buy premium planes in the higher tier categories, in order to fully complete the missions.

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Psicko23 #4 Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:11 AM

First Lieutenant

• 19643 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

You need at a minimum up to tier 8 aircraft. The missions are split into 3 groups. Tier 1-3, 4-7, and 8-10. Not sure why they made it that way. I think they should made it so the new players could at least get some tokens. Like maybe a token or two if they finish off all the missions for the lower tiers. 

In orderto get higher tiers, you use xp to unlock the modules and the next tier plane and use silver to buy the modules and the planes. 

Tokens are only used for free premium time and hangar slots. Or some other random specials occasionally. 

Edited by Psicko23, 24 May 2017 - 02:14 AM.

Rosebud #5 Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12026 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Madman61 it can be frustrating when you start. Here are a few tips that will speed up the process.

1) If you focus on one line you can get to tier 8 rather quickly. (The down side is you're going to get your butt handed to you when you get there.) Pick a type of plane to research and a country. I would suggest either the Russian Attack Aircraft (AA) or the German/American Heavy Fighter (HF) lines.

2) Grind the planes from the line you've chosen AA/HF to 8. Then start on the other. This will allow you to get at least one of the three tier challenges done. More likely, if you change the challenge to one that favors your new lines, you can get two done each day.

3) Now grind another type like Fighter (F) or Multi-Role Fighter (MRF.)

4) Once you have three types to 8 you'll be able to complete any of the challenges.

Good Luck

pyantoryng #6 Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:31 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12443 battles

Earn tokens by the alternate means - service awards and epic achievements, for one token each, per day.

But you don't really need tokens, as they are only for hangar slots and premium time. An alternate way to get them outside of spending gold. Who knows when the next special that requires tokens will come, so don't sweat it too much while you work your way up...unless you are desperate for slots and don't have gold to pay or don't want to pay gold for it.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

cddlbunny0 #7 Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:50 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3672 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH
The amounts of tokens in the daily missions varies from one to three depending on the level of difficulty. So that is something to keep in mind when you are choosing your lines and aircraft. 

pyantoryng #8 Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:40 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12443 battles
Also, if a mission is too tough or is impossible to do (e.g. nation-specific missions that you don't have the corresponding plane for those nations) you can always change them out. You can change one mission out for another every 4 hours. Better to get fewer tokens than not getting 3 but taking days or even weeks (assuming playing actively, of course).

...if you don't have all the tiers to get full completion you can forgo the token and switch the partly completed mission out for a new one. Note that the flat EXP bonus for mid-tier range does not always appear. Also a good idea for grinding some extra EXP by getting the EXP for the desired range then switch it out.

Again, you don't need tokens to increase your tier level (EXP does that), but they can come in handy if you don't want to spend a dime on the game and you want a larger plane fleet.

Spoiler

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

GhostPrime #9 Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:25 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1654 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostMadMan61, on 23 May 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

Noob here!

Question?: Daily missions: Am I reading this right? I can only complete them & earn Tokens, if I complete all 3 tier levels.

I'm getting the message that I completed the 1st level, but that the Mission is only partially complete. Thus no earned Tokens.

But I can't purchase higher tiers without Tokens & I can't earn Tokens without higher tiers?

Catch 22 ????

View Postpyantoryng, on 24 May 2017 - 04:40 AM, said:

Also, if a mission is too tough or is impossible to do (e.g. nation-specific missions that you don't have the corresponding plane for those nations) you can always change them out. You can change one mission out for another every 4 hours. Better to get fewer tokens than not getting 3 but taking days or even weeks (assuming playing actively, of course).

...if you don't have all the tiers to get full completion you can forgo the token and switch the partly completed mission out for a new one. Note that the flat EXP bonus for mid-tier range does not always appear. Also a good idea for grinding some extra EXP by getting the EXP for the desired range then switch it out.

Again, you don't need tokens to increase your tier level (EXP does that), but they can come in handy if you don't want to spend a dime on the game and you want a larger plane fleet.

Spoiler

Welcome to World of Warplanes and the forums! 

Missions can be switched out every 4 hours, you will need to complete all three though. Keep an eye out for special events and announcements on our portal and here in the forums. Please, by all means, feel free to ask either myself or the community if you ever need help! 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

Zapperguy #10 Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:35 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34340 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

This link explains everything you could ever want to know about tokens: http://worldofwarplanes.com/news/tokens-wowp/

:honoring:

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

MadMan61 #11 Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:35 PM

Airman Basic

• 185 battles

Thank you all, for your prompt and helpful replies.

I guess I was confused by what I was reading in game.

I am currently flying the U.S. Hawk 75M    (Tier 3)

Have researched the P-36 (Tier 4)

I know I don't have enough XP to buy it, but when I hit purchase to see how much I need, it doesn't mention XP at all.

It says I need 18 Tokens & 131k silver

pyantoryng #12 Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:46 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12443 battles

View PostMadMan61, on 24 May 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

I know I don't have enough XP to buy it, but when I hit purchase to see how much I need, it doesn't mention XP at all.

It probably means you don't have enough hangar slots. Sell a plane to make room...or raise that amount of tokens by mean of achievements to get it.

Buying slot for tokens is, in a sense, free, after all...

Dsembr_Rein #13 Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10526 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostMadMan61, on 24 May 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

XP is used for research, so you won't see any mention of XP for the P-36 since you already have it researched. The 131k silver is the purchase price to put it in your hangar. The 18 tokens is for a hangar slot. If you don't have any open hangar slots you need to either buy a hangar slot (300 gold or 18 tokens), or free one up by selling one of the aircraft in your hangar. I'd recommend selling the P-12 or any other tier 1.

GhostPrime #14 Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:50 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1654 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostMadMan61, on 24 May 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

The screen you are mentioning comes up after you use your xp to research the aircraft. the token (18) is what a hangar slot costs. You need an open hangar slot in order to place your plane in the hangar.

You guys beat me to it!  :honoring:

Edited by GhostPrime, 24 May 2017 - 08:51 PM.

Find us on Facebook!

MadMan61 #15 Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:10 PM

Airman Basic

• 185 battles
Thanks, that worked!

GhostPrime #16 Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:03 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1654 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostMadMan61, on 24 May 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

Thanks, that worked!

​Good to hear!

Find us on Facebook!

Pogo68 #17 Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 18855 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostMadMan61, on 23 May 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

Noob here!

Catch 22 ????

Remember you don't need to have the upper tier aircraft to be able to earn some of the tokens tokens

You get a token for the first Ace, Destroyer, Thunder, Gorovets Medal, Clostermann Medal and Gabreski Medal.

So you can get 3 or 6 tokens while flying tier Tier 1-3.

I've done this in Tier 2 and 3, the Russian Tier 2-3 GA are fantastic planes for cranking out ground kills and Aces.

Edited by Pogo68, 29 May 2017 - 12:09 AM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users