• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

MARS_REVENANT #21 Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:40 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5283 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 25 May 2017 - 02:06 PM, said:

I just hope this mode will not come down to who can cap zones fastest, instead of killing enemy aircraft and GTs.

This information was already leaked on the RU forum along with several videos, so I I am not discussing anything that I shouldn't be, or anything that wasn't already released.

To answer your concern the only way to capture a zone was to destroy either enemy aircraft within that zone, enemy defender bots, neutral force defender bots, or to destroy ground targets within that zone.

You must engage in battle to capture the zones, and you must defend your zones as well.  This is why I said this new mode eliminated 2 of the biggest current exploits in game.  Getting into a heavy fighter and stalling bots wont work, as the enemy doesn't stall after you anymore and the enemy will quickly take over your zone by destroying GT or your defender bots (which are mid to low alt).  Teaming up in GA and running back to your AA doesn't work for the same reason, they enemy can just destroy your bots or defender bots, or your GT, not to mention quickly take over the other zones on the map and save the zone you are hiding in till last.

What I really liked about this new mode is that it is way more about getting involved in the skirmish and constantly attacking and defending.  If you are not constantly trying to capture zones, the enemy will, and you will lose.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Sassover #22 Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 172 battles
^^^If that is the case, it removes my biggest concern. Thx for the info.

Edited by 20thCenturyLtd, 25 May 2017 - 07:50 PM.

Arthur_Dayne #23 Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:20 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 96 battles

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 21 May 2017 - 04:25 PM, said:

How do you know that bots won't be part of this mode. Has WG said that officially ?

Not a big fan of control points. Would much rather see destruction of planes & GTs as the objective in this mode. AW did control points in their new mode. Its super "gamey" and made the killing of enemy vehicles close to meaningless.

u can kill all the planes u want and targets but if the enemy occupys the village you have lost.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users