Jump to content


Video - This explains everything on the "game"

Video

  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:50 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 11948 battles
  • 3,476
  • Member since:
    02-09-2012

 

 

Now I understand. #2 is the answer for me.


Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Fidei Defensor of WoWP,  Fortissimus Spei,  Amicus Autem Multis

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

To clear WoWP Cache -Please press the windows key + r to open the 'run' dialog. Then type in %temp%\wargaming.net Then delete the "wowp" folder. This will clear the game cache


Dave12w #2 Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:15 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 20496 battles
  • 400
  • [-ES-] -ES-
  • Member since:
    12-29-2013

Though released buggy most have been swatted and development 

is continuing.  This form of game is different to a one off release and

evolves over time



RedSpartacus #3 Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:53 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 17047 battles
  • 1,438
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    02-02-2014

I used to work in a software company where people received a good bonus for delivering on time. The original idea was to give the developers an incentive to stick to the goals. But these guys delivered on time regardless of bugs and moved on to the next project to collect the next bonus.

As a newcomer to that company I had the honor to fix the bugs they have left behind, no bonus for me of course. You can imagine that it caused a lot of tension and trouble and management finally got rid of this model.

I've read a bit about game development, in short this is brutal for developers. You've a few years where your knowledge is up-to-date. After that you need to have managed to get a leading position or you're out. Look at the faces of the WG staff. Except for some older looking the vast majority are young people. I'd like to know what their average length of employment is.


 


  RUN WITH THE PACK

Caecias #4 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:17 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7565 battles
  • 412
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
  • Member since:
    06-22-2016

View PostRedSpartacus, on 18 May 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

 

I've read a bit about game development, in short this is brutal for developers. You've a few years where your knowledge is up-to-date. After that you need to have managed to get a leading position or you're out. Look at the faces of the WG staff. Except for some older looking the vast majority are young people. I'd like to know what their average length of employment is.


 

 

This is a cause...  not a symptom.


 


GhostPrime #5 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:19 PM

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 1440 battles
  • 1,607
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

 

View PostDave12w, on 18 May 2017 - 06:15 AM, said:

Though released buggy most have been swatted and development 

is continuing.  This form of game is different to a one off release and

evolves over time

 

Exactly. The video is a reference to titles such as say the God of War games. Sure there are a few, but each one goes through the same cycle. Live titles have a similar, but different method, and it's a bit more intense. 


Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!


RocketRod13 #6 Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:21 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 9624 battles
  • 62
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013

In the world of real aircraft... if the contractor fails to deliver what they were contracted to provide... The customer is compensated by a waiver and a withhold of funds (or cancels contract).  Basically the customer is compensated financially when his aircraft doesn't perform to specifications.  That includes compensation for software that was released with bugs... guess we're lucky these airplanes don't leave smoking holes in the ground...

That release this past Christmas was inexcusable... frikkin disaster and in the middle of a contest no less.


Edited by RocketRod13, 18 May 2017 - 07:22 PM.


Bubba_Zanetti #7 Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:36 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 27922 battles
  • 1,214
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostRocketRod13, on 18 May 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

In the world of real aircraft... if the contractor fails to deliver what they were contracted to provide... The customer is compensated by a waiver and a withhold of funds (or cancels contract).  Basically the customer is compensated financially when his aircraft doesn't perform to specifications.  That includes compensation for software that was released with bugs... guess we're lucky these airplanes don't leave smoking holes in the ground...

That release this past Christmas was inexcusable... frikkin disaster and in the middle of a contest no less.

 

To be fair though, WG products are free to play.  This model is obviously meant to entice a consumer to spend money, and one can think of it as an investment or reward to the publisher in appreciation.  Not sure how our society has entered this entitled consumer mentality.  But criticism of blunders is acceptable, and can be rewarded with "lack" of investment as well.  I believe that's the capitalist market economy model?






Also tagged with Video

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users