Clans For Training

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

needlenoses4 #1 Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:56 PM

Senior Airman

• 63 battles

Looking for a possible clan so that I can start learning tactics.  In a clan I might get some hints along the way.  Maybe.  I have flown sims before plus I fly RC planes so that aspect should not be too bad. I have to spend some time getting used to the JOY buttons for things like looking behind. Maybe there is nothing like that and I will be on my own which is ok.  I also play a lot of World Of Warships.

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:27 PM

Major

• 32008 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

http://na.wargaming....owp/1000037948/

They are good at working people up from the ground... they just have a lot of Clan Rules you need to follow.  That is the only one I know if that will train a noob right from the beginning.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Psicko23 #3 Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:56 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18528 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

SF-special forces is the only clan left to my knowledge that trains new people. You need to have a headset to get the best training. You could also flight up with other clan members, they might help. There are a few new clans that might also take you in and will teach you some stuff.

oldiowaguy #4 Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 15554 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
TFE, oh wait...................nevermind:hiding:

Zapperguy #5 Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:27 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 32630 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View Postneedlenoses4, on 15 May 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

Looking for a possible clan so that I can start learning tactics.  In a clan I might get some hints along the way.  Maybe.  I have flown sims before plus I fly RC planes so that aspect should not be too bad. I have to spend some time getting used to the JOY buttons for things like looking behind. Maybe there is nothing like that and I will be on my own which is ok.  I also play a lot of World Of Warships.

Welcome to World of Warplanes!

CLOWN's recruiting is closed, but here are some posts of mine that might be helpful.

Joystick Stuff

Some Basic, But Important Tips

Advice Regarding Bots

Hope to see you in the skies!

:honoring:

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

mullyman #6 Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:57 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 26202 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View Postneedlenoses4, on 15 May 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

​If you are serious and have a headset I'll help you out 1-1 if you want.
mullyman.png

needlenoses4 #7 Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:47 PM

Senior Airman

• 63 battles

Thanks for input; I don't have a headset at this time but I do have a hands-free microphone plus headphones that I use from my Bose desktop speakers.  Might work for now as long as I don't shout too much.  Have had a couple of flights with some kills.  Last time I went down was from a collision.  I will play around with the camera position in the cockpit and I am trying to use the toggle button on the joystick to keep an eye out for those that mean me some harm.  I am using the rudder a lot for aiming but I sure got to watch out for AA.  Good idea to draw the enemy over to the green side.  I think that I have already been sucked over to the red side, followed by a BOOM.  I will try to come back in here on a regular basis for some more good input.

The players at World Of Warships are also very good at helping noobs get started.  Figuring out and earning the required moola to buy ships is a bit tough for me right now.  Same as with buying planes I guess. Only moved up to one new plane and me thinks I will stay about there for now to learn.:izmena:

I want to figure out how to add an avatar or pic to my little ID box.

needlenoses4 #8 Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:48 PM

Senior Airman

• 63 battles

What about the Grey Wolf Clan

_Warchylde_ #9 Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:11 PM

First Lieutenant

• 9758 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View Postneedlenoses4, on 16 May 2017 - 12:48 PM, said:

What about the Grey Wolf Clan

Gray Wolf has some great guys in it, but not too many of them are left playing WoWP.....they also tend to be grumpy old guys  (they are "Gray" Wolf for a reason....)

J/K, they really are some nice guys, if a little distracted....

There are very few problems in this world which can not be solved

by a suitable and timely application of concentrated firepower.

"Fly High, Fly Fast, Fly Smart, and Shoot First!!"

needlenoses4 #10 Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:15 PM

Senior Airman

• 63 battles

Well hell; maybe I would fit right in.  I am not usually too grumpy but I am an old guy.

RedSpartacus #11 Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17094 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

You can try http://graywolfgamers.enjin.com/recruitment

or Send Bear_82 a message.

RUN WITH THE PACK

Zapperguy #12 Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:46 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 32630 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View Postneedlenoses4, on 16 May 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

Thanks for input; I don't have a headset at this time but I do have a hands-free microphone plus headphones that I use from my Bose desktop speakers.  Might work for now as long as I don't shout too much.  Have had a couple of flights with some kills.  Last time I went down was from a collision.  I will play around with the camera position in the cockpit and I am trying to use the toggle button on the joystick to keep an eye out for those that mean me some harm.  I am using the rudder a lot for aiming but I sure got to watch out for AA.  Good idea to draw the enemy over to the green side.  I think that I have already been sucked over to the red side, followed by a BOOM.  I will try to come back in here on a regular basis for some more good input.

The players at World Of Warships are also very good at helping noobs get started.  Figuring out and earning the required moola to buy ships is a bit tough for me right now.  Same as with buying planes I guess. Only moved up to one new plane and me thinks I will stay about there for now to learn.:izmena:

Glad you're finding this helpful. To change your avatar click the little head & shoulders icon at the top left of this page and select My Profile. Then click Edit Profile on the upper right. You'll see Change Photo on the next page.

obamaphone #13 Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:42 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 13429 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
We would be happy to review your application needle. We only have a few requirements and they are posted on our application. We have guys in and out of team speak throughout most of the day and are members are always willing to help out a new guy. The grumpy part i cannot confirm or deny but i think my buddy _warchylde_ is still a little soar because when he was a Gray Wolf we used to make him fly holding a rubber chicken between his legs.......:P Also our TS is always open, feel free to drop in anytime and join a channel with people in it.ts3server://graywolfgamers.enjinvoice.com/

Edited by obamaphone, 17 May 2017 - 01:47 AM.

needlenoses4 #14 Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:34 PM

Senior Airman

• 63 battles

Many thanks for info and invite.

All of a sudden the sun has broken out up here so I likely won't be playing as much WoW  or WoWP.  We have had disgusting weather where I am since end of October.

Anyway, right at the moment I am busy dusting off all my RC models and equipment.  I will be a tad rusty but will be taking 9 planes out tomorrow.  Hopefully they will all return intact.

I put together a 1400 mm Spitfire in January and if I don't get the shakes :ohmy: I will put it up for the first time.  Should be looking at around 120 + MPH.

Yes, I will be coming into the game on a casual learning curve for now.  I will see how it goes.

Thanks again.

Zapperguy #15 Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 32630 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View Postneedlenoses4, on 20 May 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

Many thanks for info and invite.

All of a sudden the sun has broken out up here so I likely won't be playing as much WoW  or WoWP.  We have had disgusting weather where I am since end of October.

Anyway, right at the moment I am busy dusting off all my RC models and equipment.  I will be a tad rusty but will be taking 9 planes out tomorrow.  Hopefully they will all return intact.

I put together a 1400 mm Spitfire in January and if I don't get the shakes :ohmy: I will put it up for the first time.  Should be looking at around 120 + MPH.

Yes, I will be coming into the game on a casual learning curve for now.  I will see how it goes.

Thanks again.

Have someone record your flights and share them here. There are other RC pilots here as well as players who just enjoy video of them.

_Warchylde_ #16 Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:02 PM

First Lieutenant

• 9758 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostZapperguy, on 20 May 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

Have someone record your flights and share them here. There are other RC pilots here as well as players who just enjoy video of them.

Indeed, I haven't flown RC in years (lost my planes and cars in Hurricane Katrina), and could use some good vids.

There are very few problems in this world which can not be solved

by a suitable and timely application of concentrated firepower.

"Fly High, Fly Fast, Fly Smart, and Shoot First!!"

needlenoses4 #17 Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:40 PM

Senior Airman

• 63 battles
See what I can do.  I made an error; it is a 1200mm Spitfire, not a 1400mm made by Fliteline ( Motion RC ) and it has been totally modified from control hinges, wheels, electronics including motor.  Original was a four blade prop but mine is now a three blade.  Better balanced with the new motor.

needlenoses4 #18 Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:45 PM

Senior Airman

• 63 battles
For those interested; flew all my planes ( 9 ) yesterday.  Took me a while to prep my brain to fly the new Spitfire, but I finally did it.  It is the highest price within my budget so far.  Anyway, all went very well after some very minor trimming. Quite different to land as it is my heaviest plane.  Carrying a 5 cell battery doesn't help.  No one there at the time to do a video.  Only took a couple of stills before take off just in case.

GhostPrime #19 Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:05 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1455 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View Postneedlenoses4, on 16 May 2017 - 09:47 AM, said:

Welcome to World of Warplanes! 

Adding an avatar is easy, go to your profile page (The little person symbol in the upper left of the forum page) The click the "Edit my Profile" button on the right of that page. 

You should see some settings under "General Account settings" there is a button labeled "Photo" click that and use a photo you have to set as an avatar. 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users