Community Tournament "Bench The Bots" - Rules

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

_Warchylde_ #1 Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• 10944 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Since Mars put up a poll back at the beginning of April to determine the rules of the tournament, I will go with those results, rather than starting all over again.

That being said, here is the setup for the tournament.  If there are any questions, or if there is any clarification needed, please ask here, but please stay on topic and don't derail the thread.

Lighthouse Map

Tier 9 aircraft - if a team wants to let someone fly with a Tier 8 or lower, that's up to them, but Tier 9 is the maximum.

A limit to 3 HF per team, other than that, fly what you will....bring 10 GAs if you want.

15 minute battles

No restrictions on pilot skills, consumables, equipment, or ammunition.  If you want to run gold ammo and gold consumables with a 10 skill pilot, God Bless.

Best 3 of 5 battles to win a match.

10 member teams (rosters are flexible)

Thursday/Saturday battles.  2 battles per week @ 9:00 pm EDT (UTC -4)  

(Team Captains may agree to a more convenient time for their teams, to allow for real life issues, but battle results must be posted by midnight of the following day (i.e. Friday and Sunday).

2 stage double elimination style  -  Random seeding in Stage 1, which will determine seeding for Stage 2.

ALL TEAMS ADVANCE TO STAGE 2!!

Once registration closes, Stage 1 brackets will be randomly seeded.

One team in each match will be designated the "Home Team".

"Home Team" is responsible for creating the Training Room for the battle, per the Setup outlined above.

ALL aircraft are to be hidden from the opposing team.

NO BOTS ARE ALLOWED! If your team is shorthanded, you may fill empty slots with anyone who is available to fly, or you may fly shorthanded...it's all up to you.

Teams MAY change out their aircraft between battles, as long as the aircraft restrictions are met.

Once a battle has ended, the winning Team Captain should take a screen shot of the Team Score panel.

Once a team has won a total of three (3) battles, the Team Captain of the winning team must post the Team Score screenshots to the forum thread that will be set up for reporting results.

Battle results must be posted by midnight of the following day (i.e. Friday and Sunday).

Let me finish by saying that an "anonymous benefactor" has donated 98,000 gold for prizing, to be disbursed as follows:

1st Place Team - 4000 gold for EACH member on the official 14-man roster.

2nd Place Team - 2000 gold for EACH member on the official 14-man roster.

3rd Place Team - 1000 gold for EACH member on the official 14-man roster.

Due to the flexible nature of the rosters for the tournament, each Team Captain must send me their official roster AT THE COMPLETION of the tournament, so that I can forward the rosters for disbursement of prizing.

Here is a link to the Tournament Registration Page:  http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/49185-community-tournament-bench-the-bots-registration-info/

Edited by _Warchylde_, 17 May 2017 - 04:38 PM.

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Jack_Pelter_The_Chicken #2 Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:00 PM

Senior Airman

• 164 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Post_Warchylde_, on 14 May 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

Since Mars put up a poll back at the beginning of April to determine the rules of the tournament, I will go with those results, rather than starting all over again.

That being said, here is the setup for the tournament.  If there are any questions, or if there is any clarification needed, please ask here, but please stay on topic and don't derail the thread.

Lighthouse Map

Tier 9 aircraft - if a team wants to let someone fly with a Tier 8 or lower, that's up to them, but Tier 9 is the maximum.

A limit to 3 HF per team, other than that, fly what you will....bring 10 GAs if you want.

15 minute battles

No restrictions on pilot skills, consumables, equipment, or ammunition.  If you want to run gold ammo and gold consumables with a 10 skill pilot, God Bless.

Best 3 of 5 battles to win a match.

10 member teams (rosters are flexible)

Thursday/Saturday battles.  2 battles per week @ 9:00 pm EDT (UTC -4)  

(Team Captains may agree to a more convenient time for their teams, to allow for real life issues, but battle results must be posted by midnight of the following day (i.e. Friday and Sunday).

2 stage double elimination style  -  Random seeding in Stage 1, which will determine seeding for Stage 2.

ALL TEAMS ADVANCE TO STAGE 2!!

Once registration closes, Stage 1 brackets will be randomly seeded.

One team in each match will be designated the "Home Team".

"Home Team" is responsible for creating the Training Room for the battle, per the Setup outlined above.

ALL aircraft are to be hidden from the opposing team.

NO BOTS ARE ALLOWED! If your team is shorthanded, you may fill empty slots with anyone who is available to fly, or you may fly shorthanded...it's all up to you.

Teams MAY change out their aircraft between battles, as long as the aircraft restrictions are met.

Once a battle has ended, the winning Team Captain should take a screen shot of the Team Score panel.

Once a team has won a total of three (3) battles, the Team Captain of the winning team must post the Team Score screenshots to the forum thread that will be set up for reporting results.

Battle results must be posted by midnight of the following day (i.e. Friday and Sunday).

Let me finish by saying that there is ABSOLUTELY NO PRIZING AVAILABLE for this tournament.  I reached out to Ghost Prime to ask for some sort of WG support, but as of yet, he has not even read my PM.  So this "tournament" is little more than a way to get some real human PvP without any bots having any sort of say int he outcome.  This is for fun folks, so let's try to keep it that way.

I wish you all the best of luck with it!

gerr22 #3 Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:31 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 15161 battles
  • [17SQ] 17SQ
i m available if any short handed team will have me

_Warchylde_ #4 Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:19 PM

First Lieutenant

• 10944 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postgerr22, on 15 May 2017 - 06:31 AM, said:

i m available if any short handed team will have me

Please go to the registration thread.

This thread is for rules questions.

Edited by _Warchylde_, 15 May 2017 - 01:20 PM.

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

javier_martinez #5 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:57 AM

Master Sergeant

• 32805 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO
:great:
Hello, we are preparing the event

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users