2K17 Beta CWANAP ~A Proposal~

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: CWANAP Tournament Administration (26 members have cast votes)

Do you think that Warchylde would be an acceptable replacement for Mars as administrator of the tournament?

1. Yes (14 votes [53.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.85%

2. No (4 votes [15.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. Who is Warchylde? (8 votes [30.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

If Warchylde or someone else administers the tournament, who you be interested in forming or joining a team and participating?

1. Yes (15 votes [57.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.69%

2. No (5 votes [19.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.23%

3. I'm not interested in participating at all. (6 votes [23.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

If Warchylde administers the tournament, should be be allowed to fly in the tournament, or should he not be on any team, and act as a neutral party.

1. Let the crazy, fat, old idiot fly. (18 votes [69.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

2. Make the idiot be a paper pusher. (8 votes [30.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

_Warchylde_ #1 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:47 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

In the interest of soothing hurt feelings within the community, and in an attempt to generate increased participation, especially amongst the clans, I offer the following proposal.

This proposal is predicated on two basic truths:

1. This community NEEDS something to do, other than shoot bots and slag each other off in the forums.  

This is a war game, that started off as a PvP shooter, and has degenerated into the mess we have today.  Let's take it to the skies with some good old-fashioned PvP, and bench the bots.

2.  Mars has alienated a lot of folks in this community, so much so that certain clans will have nothing to do with ANY event he tries to organize.

My personal opinion is that this seems a little petty, like cutting off your nose to spite your face, but that's just MY opinion, and I respect anyone's right to not have anything to do with Mars.

I propose that we move forward with the tournament, but rather than having Mars organize and administer the tournament, someone else takes on the responsibility for making sure that we have a fair tournament, in hopes that we can generate more  participation.  

Said individual should be a well known member of the community, one who generally gets along with everyone, and that everyone can agree upon as someone who can be trusted to be fair and aboveboard, completely transparent in all of his dealings, both within the tournament and with the community at large.

I humbly offer to take over the administration of the tournament, if everyone thinks that I'm respected enough and trustworthy enough.

Although I don't see it being a problem, if everyone thinks that I should abdicate my spot on the Warhawks' roster, and sit out the tournament as an impartial administrator/arbiter, I am more than willing to do so, IF  it means that more players and clans will register to play.

So there....I've made my offer.

I volunteer to take over the tournament, as long as it means that more teams will sign up, and will volunteer not to fly int he tournament myself, if people think it inappropriate.

That's how important events like this are, in my opinion.

That's how much I care about this community.

Thanks for your time and consideration

Skip Olsen

Marietta, GA

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

CrayoIaCrayon #2 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I personally don't think it matters who runs it as long as they do a good job.  These other clans aren't going to participate anyway, they just use Mars as an excuse.

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

_Warchylde_ #3 Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:02 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostJetway, on 11 May 2017 - 08:58 PM, said:

I personally don't think it matters who runs it as long as they do a good job.  These other clans aren't going to participate anyway, they just use Mars as an excuse.

Perhaps, but I felt that I had to make the offer

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

CrayoIaCrayon #4 Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Oh I completely agree.  If it gets even one more team registered then I am all for it.  People like to give us hell because we always win.  If we always got beat, we would still play.  If you enjoy this game and your clanmates, try getting in comms and playing together.  You will find there is nothing more fun in this game.

Disgruntled_WoWP_Vet #5 Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
What options do I select if I don't care who runs it and who plays? That's my vote.
You either die a Community Ace, or live long enough to get SICK and become a Community Clown. 

GouIdy #6 Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:29 AM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostJetway, on 11 May 2017 - 10:17 PM, said:

People like to give us hell because we almost always win. 

FTFY

BobozeeBear #7 Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:10 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
True words, no one is ever perfect, we've taken our lumps, but we are back on top again.

Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

MARS_REVENANT #8 Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:16 AM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Post_Warchylde_, on 11 May 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

In the interest of soothing hurt feelings within the community, and in an attempt to generate increased participation, especially amongst the clans, I offer the following proposal.

This proposal is predicated on two basic truths:

1. This community NEEDS something to do, other than shoot bots and slag each other off in the forums.  

This is a war game, that started off as a PvP shooter, and has degenerated into the mess we have today.  Let's take it to the skies with some good old-fashioned PvP, and bench the bots.

2.  Mars has alienated a lot of folks in this community, so much so that certain clans will have nothing to do with ANY event he tries to organize.

My personal opinion is that this seems a little petty, like cutting off your nose to spite your face, but that's just MY opinion, and I respect anyone's right to not have anything to do with Mars.

I propose that we move forward with the tournament, but rather than having Mars organize and administer the tournament, someone else takes on the responsibility for making sure that we have a fair tournament, in hopes that we can generate more  participation.  

Said individual should be a well known member of the community, one who generally gets along with everyone, and that everyone can agree upon as someone who can be trusted to be fair and aboveboard, completely transparent in all of his dealings, both within the tournament and with the community at large.

I humbly offer to take over the administration of the tournament, if everyone thinks that I'm respected enough and trustworthy enough.

Although I don't see it being a problem, if everyone thinks that I should abdicate my spot on the Warhawks' roster, and sit out the tournament as an impartial administrator/arbiter, I am more than willing to do so, IF  it means that more players and clans will register to play.

So there....I've made my offer.

I volunteer to take over the tournament, as long as it means that more teams will sign up, and will volunteer not to fly int he tournament myself, if people think it inappropriate.

That's how important events like this are, in my opinion.

That's how much I care about this community.

Thanks for your time and consideration

Skip Olsen

Marietta, GA

Well I think this would have been better left in a PM to me, but you have always been one for forum drama.

Wat the heck, you want it, you got it.

OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT ANNOUNCEMENT

_Warchylde_ WILL NOW BE THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR THE CWANAP TOURNAMENT

END OF TOURNAMENT ANNOUNCEMENT, AND MY LAST POST AS TOURNAMENT ADMINISTRATOR.  ALL OTHER OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT ANNOUNCEMENTS WILL BE BY _Warchylde_

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 12 May 2017 - 05:08 PM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

CrayoIaCrayon #9 Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
and now drama starts and we prolly wind up with nothing.  Hurrah!!!!

MelBrooks #10 Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Absolutely amazes me every time that people will not enter something because of a personal dislike. Countless threads about bots, MM, or whatever. Now an opportunity presents itself to fight all human players. Except for a few.....crickets. Good luck War. Unfortunately you're going to need it. MARS, thanks for effort to get something going. 

CrayolaCrayon #11 Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Can I enter the tournament solo or with a team of maybe 4(Two me's a cyborg and a bridge troll)?

Caecias #12 Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:40 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 117 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostJetway, on 11 May 2017 - 08:58 PM, said:

Agreed. 

ArrowZ_ #13 Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:54 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 10 battles

3 > 1 > 1  :trollface:

Don't really care who manages the tournaments (I would prefer WG so we can get some gold). But I wanna pvp like them old days. Can't make all the battle dates due to work commitments but atleast I can join some days. Better than nothing for me.

Edited by ArrowZ_, 12 May 2017 - 07:57 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

losttwo #14 Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:50 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I think one of the biggest problems with any tournament is the TIME aspect.

When I was in Greywolf as a Senior officer I found it difficult to deal with the TIME aspect of any training and meetings.

I think that flexibility in TIME would be a great benefit to any tournament.

gerr22 #15 Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:58 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 290 battles
  • [17SQ] 17SQ
i don t care who runs what more tornaments PLEASE

_Warchylde_ #16 Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:06 PM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 12 May 2017 - 12:16 AM, said:

Well I think this would have been better left in a PM to me, but you have always been one for forum drama.

Wat the heck, you want it, you got it.

OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT ANNOUNCEMENT

_Warchylde_ WILL NOW BE THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR THE CWANAP TOURNAMENT

END OF TOURNAMENT ANNOUNCEMENT, AND MY LAST POST AS TOURNAMENT ADMINISTRATOR.  ALL OTHER OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT ANNOUNCEMENTS WILL BE BY _Warchylde_

Hello Kettle, you are black.

Signed,

Pot

Seriously Marco?  Drama?  Isn't the fact that you create so much drama on the forums, the reason we're in this situation right now?

Please, can you at least try to put your ego on hold long enough to try and build up the community, rather than continuously trying to tear it down?

I made this offer, not as an attack on you, but in attempt to try and salvage an event that I see as something positive for this community.

I want to see ALL the clans join together in trying salvage something good from the debacle this game has become.

I miss the days of all PvP matches, as do a majority of you. WG won't give them to us, so let's ALL do something to at least PRETEND that this game is still about the PLAYERS, and not the bots.

I'd even like to change the name of the tournament to "Bench The Bots", or something along that line.

Let's try to make something fun for everyone, and leave the drama behind.   Think you can do that Marco?

Edited by _Warchylde_, 12 May 2017 - 12:08 PM.

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Disgruntled_WoWP_Vet #17 Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostCrayolaCrayon, on 12 May 2017 - 12:50 AM, said:

Can I enter the tournament solo or with a team of maybe 4(Two me's a cyborg and a bridge troll)?

I call dibs on the bridge troll!
You either die a Community Ace, or live long enough to get SICK and become a Community Clown. 

MARS_REVENANT #18 Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:54 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Post_Warchylde_, on 12 May 2017 - 07:06 AM, said:

Hello Kettle, you are black.

Signed,

Pot

Seriously Marco?  Drama?  Isn't the fact that you create so much drama on the forums, the reason we're in this situation right now?

Please, can you at least try to put your ego on hold long enough to try and build up the community, rather than continuously trying to tear it down?

I made this offer, not as an attack on you, but in attempt to try and salvage an event that I see as something positive for this community.

I want to see ALL the clans join together in trying salvage something good from the debacle this game has become.

I miss the days of all PvP matches, as do a majority of you. WG won't give them to us, so let's ALL do something to at least PRETEND that this game is still about the PLAYERS, and not the bots.

I'd even like to change the name of the tournament to "Bench The Bots", or something along that line.

Let's try to make something fun for everyone, and leave the drama behind.   Think you can do that Marco?

There is no drama... but I will always take an opportunity to take a little shot here and there.

With you taking over, Clans using me as an excuse no longer have that excuse, and now you will have more participation than I would have had.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

20thCenturyLtd #19 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 5 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 12 May 2017 - 06:54 AM, said:

There is no drama... but I will always take an opportunity to take a little shot here and there.

With you taking over, Clans using me as an excuse no longer have that excuse, and now you will have more participation than I would have had.

Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it.

It's time to nut up or shut up ladies. 

tahee59 #20 Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN
You might get more turn out if War Gaming put it on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users