Questions about mechanics of the game?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Dru83 #61 Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:06 AM

Master Sergeant

• 5101 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

How detailed is the aerodynamics system on the planes with bombs and rockets? If I ditch my bombs, do I get back the airspeed I would have lost from carrying them? If the bombs/rockets have mounting brackets or tubes that stay on the airplane, does the plane still have a full or partial airspeed/maneuverability penalty after dropping them. Just curious, because some planes like the P38J or FW 190 A-5 have big mounting systems that stay on the plane and would still affect the plane. Might affect my decisions to equip or not equip rockets and things.

Omega_Weapon #62 Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:38 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 10814 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostDru83, on 30 May 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

How detailed is the aerodynamics system on the planes with bombs and rockets? If I ditch my bombs, do I get back the airspeed I would have lost from carrying them? If the bombs/rockets have mounting brackets or tubes that stay on the airplane, does the plane still have a full or partial airspeed/maneuverability penalty after dropping them. Just curious, because some planes like the P38J or FW 190 A-5 have big mounting systems that stay on the plane and would still affect the plane. Might affect my decisions to equip or not equip rockets and things.

​There used to be some residual drag from the mounting racks. That has since changed though and once you drop your ordnance, the plane will perform normally just like its clean configuration.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users