Questions about mechanics of the game?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

MARS_REVENANT #41 Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:54 AM

Major

• 32877 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

I have a question for you... how do the bots decide who to follow at the start of the match?

They seem to follow the idiots that choose to climb away from battle, or they split off into 2 groups or set themselves up to be in a bad position before engaging the enemy, or they dive on the first enemy they see instead of staying high.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

BrushWolf #42 Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:13 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10764 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 12 May 2017 - 10:54 PM, said:

I have a question for you... how do the bots decide who to follow at the start of the match?

They seem to follow the idiots that choose to climb away from battle, or they split off into 2 groups or set themselves up to be in a bad position before engaging the enemy, or they dive on the first enemy they see instead of staying high.

It would be real nice to know if they are following me right from the beginning.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

mullyman #43 Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:39 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 26592 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View Postclodhoppr1, on 12 May 2017 - 12:22 PM, said:

I think the bots should be changed to Pterodactyls and Pterandons!!

Excellent post! :great:

Why cant you hear Pterodactyls go to the bathroom?

mullyman.png

Zapperguy #44 Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:10 AM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 33051 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Their P is silent.

:facepalm:

↓↓↓

Edited by Zapperguy, 13 May 2017 - 05:13 AM.

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

BCB77B #45 Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:20 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6190 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Here are a few observations:

1) Why does your plane, after taking damage and flying away from the enemy, 20 seconds later just BLOW UP even when not burning, AND when no one is shooting at you. See this often at low tiers, is it game play balance effect?

2) Same as above, but you witness an enemy BOT player BLOW UP for no good reason and while not burning, at about 10-20% HP?

3) When I shoot down a real human player, and they crash, why do they get a credit for killing me when a BOT on my team or theirs rams me seconds later?

4) Why does a human player who fails to launch at game start (their gamer tag is dark not lit up), all of a sudden say "player crashed", when in other situations they fly straight until they eventually load into the game?

5) Are you actually banning players reported for cheating when in their text conversations they admit to everyone, while winning the match, that hey are using illegal aim bots?

Edited by BCB77B, 13 May 2017 - 09:27 AM.

Texthor #46 Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:23 PM

• 27635 battles

It must be a very miserable existence that someone lives in to have to post a single kill video on this thread , just to make themselves feel better.  I have shot down most of you but have never posted a vid or scoreboard on the forum of  it, because no matter the circumstance, I really did'nt think that it was that big a deal.

But if shooting me in the game helps you get up in the morning and is the only highlight of your day................

Thankful to have a real life outside the game.....

Edited by Texthor, 13 May 2017 - 12:43 PM.

losttwo #47 Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:31 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostTexthor, on 13 May 2017 - 07:23 AM, said:

It must be a very miserable exisitence that someone lives in to have to post a single kill video on this thread , just to make themselves feel better.  I have shot down most of you but have never posted a vid or scoreboard on the forum of  it, because no matter the circumstance, I really did'nt think that it was that big a deal.

But if shooting me in the game helps you get up in the morning and is the only highlight of your day................

and your question about game mechanics is what ?

Psicko23 #48 Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:19 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18606 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostBCB77B, on 13 May 2017 - 01:20 AM, said:

Here are a few observations:

4) Why does a human player who fails to launch at game start (their gamer tag is dark not lit up), all of a sudden say "player crashed", when in other situations they fly straight until they eventually load into the game?

5) Are you actually banning players reported for cheating when in their text conversations they admit to everyone, while winning the match, that hey are using illegal aim bots?

4) on some maps, if the player doesn't load fast enough, their plane will crash into a mountain, other maps like night map doesn't have any mountains on it. If players load in the game but exit back to hangar, their plane will explode and the message will say player crashed, but no points will be added to the supremacy meter. 

5) Aimbots wouldn't really work that well in game if someone were able to do that. The plane would act very erratically because the guns on planes only shoot one direction and in order for the aim bot to hit, it would have to correct the flight of the plane. There was one patch if I recall that people were able to hit others at weird angles. They fixed that with the next patch. If it was a veteran player saying this, I'm pretty sure they were just messing with you. It's not hard to get a high hit percentage if you have good trigger control. The highest hit percentage I've had in a game was 41% without hitting ground targets, and using guns/cannons only. 

GeorgePatton #49 Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:52 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7403 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 12 May 2017 - 10:54 PM, said:

Experimental evidence suggests that the bots follow the first person to maneuver aggressively. This would be consistent with a desire for the bots to not follow someone who hasn't loaded to certain doom.

I would like to hear an explanation from Ghost just to be sure, though! :)

Cheers!
Glenn

GouIdy #50 Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:51 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18237 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostGeorgePatton, on 13 May 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

Experimental evidence suggests that the bots follow the first person to maneuver aggressively. This would be consistent with a desire for the bots to not follow someone who hasn't loaded to certain doom.

I would like to hear an explanation from Ghost just to be sure, though! :)

Cheers!
Glenn

Experimental evidence would suggest that you have something to show other than just saying so.

Bobby_Tables #51 Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:25 AM

• 23827 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

Weapons Cooling naturally (no consumables) - Does Altitude and/or speed affect the cool down time?

My question is that IRL, if I was up high in the cooler air of the upper atmosphere or flying fast, I would think my weapons would cool down faster than if I was slow and/or in lower (warmer) air.  I have not tested this to see if it actually happens, but I am curious if aircraft speed and/or altitude have any impact on the speed with which weapons cool.  Anecdotally, altitude and speed seem to have zero effect.  Is this correct or am I just not noticing it?

Thanks for any help.  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 14 May 2017 - 01:28 AM.

Omega_Weapon #52 Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:07 AM

• 10360 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostBCB77B, on 13 May 2017 - 04:20 AM, said:

3) When I shoot down a real human player, and they crash, why do they get a credit for killing me when a BOT on my team or theirs rams me seconds later?

​The plane being chased gets credit for any kills that happen when pursuers collide and ram kill each other. Their evasive maneuvering contributed to the kill.

DrPain_2017 #53 Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:36 PM

Airman Basic

• 1029 battles

I know that this answer exists somewhere but I have zero patience for hunting it down. I have been trying to move from one aircraft to another in the tech tree. To be exact....F2A to the F4F, but I'm not even able to research it. Do I need to fully upgrade my F2A before I am able to move to the F4F.

Thanks for your help,

Shut_Up_and_FLY #54 Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:11 AM

First Lieutenant

• 10619 battles

View PostTexthor, on 13 May 2017 - 07:23 AM, said:

It must be a very miserable existence that someone lives in to have to post a single kill video on this thread , just to make themselves feel better.  I have shot down most of you but have never posted a vid or scoreboard on the forum of  it, because no matter the circumstance, I really did'nt think that it was that big a deal.

Is there a game mechanics question hidden in there somewhere? Sorry, most of us don't speak Texan....

"Genius may have its limitations,

but Stupidity is not thus handicapped."

- Elbert Hubbard

Shut_Up_and_FLY #55 Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:14 AM

First Lieutenant

• 10619 battles

View PostDrPain_2017, on 20 May 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

I know that this answer exists somewhere but I have zero patience for hunting it down. I have been trying to move from one aircraft to another in the tech tree. To be exact....F2A to the F4F, but I'm not even able to research it. Do I need to fully upgrade my F2A before I am able to move to the F4F.

Thanks for your help,

No, you don't have to fully research the F2A to unlock the F4F, you simply have to earn enough experience in the F2A to pay the research cost of the F4F. Furthermore, you can use Free XP (earned by flying a fully researched Elite plane) to aid in your research of the next tier aircraft.  You can convert any plane's XP into Free XP by spending gold to convert it.

Also remember, that the higher tier the plane is, the more XP it will cost you to research.  If you go to the Tech Tree, you can see how much exp your F2A has earned, and see the research cost of the F4F, so you can see what the difference is, and hence, how much more you have to grind.

I hope that answers your question.

Edited by _Warchylde_, 21 May 2017 - 01:19 AM.

"Genius may have its limitations,

but Stupidity is not thus handicapped."

- Elbert Hubbard

Omega_Weapon #56 Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:27 AM

• 10360 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
Just to add a bit to what Warchylde said above. You do not have to fully research the F2A Buffalo, but you do have to research all the engines and then unlock the F4F itself. So you need 1080 XP for the tier 4 engine, then 1550 XP for the tier 5 engine, and finally you can research the F4F with another 12 500 XP.

anamals53 #57 Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:49 PM

Master Sergeant

• 17070 battles

View PostGouIdy, on 11 May 2017 - 05:51 PM, said:

While we are on the subject of bombs my question is why are the bombs thrown forward relative to the aircraft dropping them? Realistically shouldn't bombs drop straight off rather than appear to be propelled forward of the aircraft? The other visual  flaw is when the plane dips as bombs are being released sometimes the bombs are thrown up above the plane.

I have when in a sudden dive while releasing a bomb had it go over my plane to drop in front down to the target .:teethhappy:

Psicko23 #58 Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:57 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18606 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostDrPain_2017, on 20 May 2017 - 02:36 PM, said:

Thanks for your help,

You do not have to research every module on the plane before researching the next one. You will have to research certain modules of planes to research the next plane in line. If you go to the tech tree in game, click on the f2a. It will show you all the modules available for research. For the F2A, look at the engine modules available to research. Notice the line after the last engine that points to the next plane? that means you have to research all the engines on the F2A before you can research the F4F. The modules necessary to research each plane is different. In some planes like the P36 hawk, all you have to do is research the wing mounted guns then you can research the next plane. Other planes will have multiple planes available to research after it. For example the F4U-1 corsair has two possible planes to research after that. You have the option of researching the F4U-4 and the F7F. If you want to research the f4U-4, you have to research all the engines then research the f4u-4. If you want to research the f7f, all you need to do is research the guns and then the f7f. If you want to research both planes from the f4u1, you have to research the engines and the guns, then research each plane.

DrPain_2017 #59 Posted 25 May 2017 - 01:06 AM

Airman Basic

• 1029 battles

thanks for your reply......and your help

the dr

GhostPrime #60 Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:30 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1533 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostDrPain_2017, on 24 May 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

thanks for your reply......and your help

the dr

Welcome to the game and forums Dr! 

Glad you were able to find the answer you seek. If you need any info, please feel free to ask! 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users