Bombadier

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

cddlbunny0 #1 Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3543 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH
Well, much to my surprise, I finally got it. In the last game, besides having my buttocks handed to me, I heard a click at the end of the game. Well, thought I, it is another bloody ground pounder. When the results screen came up, lo and behold, there it was. The elusive bombardier badge. Now I have all of them except the rocketeer and the epic gongs.

Zapperguy #2 Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34115 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Congrats!

:medal:

Here's your next goal

:honoring:

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

cddlbunny0 #3 Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3543 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH
Zap, even if I have as many games as your esteemed self, I will probably be lucky if I get another one. That one was pure luck (if I believe that) because I did not even know it was behind me when I dropped the egg. But you never know. Playing with that radar distract me so much that I have gotten used to playing without it, even though the general population will tell me otherwise.

Edited by cddlbunny0, 10 May 2017 - 07:00 PM.

GhostPrime #4 Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:02 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1639 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View Postcddlbunny0, on 10 May 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

Well, much to my surprise, I finally got it. In the last game, besides having my buttocks handed to me, I heard a click at the end of the game. Well, thought I, it is another bloody ground pounder. When the results screen came up, lo and behold, there it was. The elusive bombardier badge. Now I have all of them except the rocketeer and the epic gongs.

​Congrats! 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

losttwo #5 Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:33 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postcddlbunny0, on 10 May 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

Playing with that radar distract me so much that I have gotten used to playing without it, even though the general population will tell me otherwise.

I stopped using the radar a couple of years ago.

Between the minimap and the target screen  you know where everyone is at.

The target screen gives you distance from target and in time you can tell the speed.

I use the ALT mode on the mini-map at the beginning of the match to see what planes are where.

You do not need the arrows because the type icons move in the direction the plane travels.

Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai #6 Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:38 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 6742 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postcddlbunny0, on 10 May 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

Zap, even if I have as many games as your esteemed self, I will probably be lucky if I get another one. That one was pure luck (if I believe that) because I did not even know it was behind me when I dropped the egg. But you never know. Playing with that radar distract me so much that I have gotten used to playing without it, even though the general population will tell me otherwise.

Grats on your win first off. Let me give you a tip for bombadiers if you ever want to farm them. Get in a GA, really anyplane with bombs. Fly OVER a GA, and wait til the bombdrop reticle is on their nose. Match their speed. You barely want to be on top of them, remember these are stupid bots. Release a bomb and put the balls to the wall and peel away. If successful the bomb will actually explode on the enemy plane, and since it was technically a bomb kill you get a bombadier. 

The (not so) amazing Chokai is back! And he's hit all his personal goals sans one! Seriously though, nice to be back, looks like he game is improving. I continue to try to recruit new people.

obamaphone #7 Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 13771 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
Very nice congrats!

cddlbunny0 #8 Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:40 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3543 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

View Postlosttwo, on 10 May 2017 - 02:33 PM, said:

I stopped using the radar a couple of years ago.

Between the minimap and the target screen  you know where everyone is at.

The target screen gives you distance from target and in time you can tell the speed.

I use the ALT mode on the mini-map at the beginning of the match to see what planes are where.

You do not need the arrows because the type icons move in the direction the plane travels.

Yes, I do not use the ALT key on the mini-map but do use the left ALT to find out what and how far BVR when contact is made. That way I can go for who is within range and that allows me to "roam at will" to go where it is needed the most. Thank you for the advice as Zap wants the other seventy-nine ones done. Ghost, kept hearing about all these "epic bomb kills" and now I can say that "been there, done that."

cddlbunny0 #9 Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:21 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3543 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

View PostFog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai, on 10 May 2017 - 03:38 PM, said:

Grats on your win first off. Let me give you a tip for bombadiers if you ever want to farm them. Get in a GA, really anyplane with bombs. Fly OVER a GA, and wait til the bombdrop reticle is on their nose. Match their speed. You barely want to be on top of them, remember these are stupid bots. Release a bomb and put the balls to the wall and peel away. If successful the bomb will actually explode on the enemy plane, and since it was technically a bomb kill you get a bombadier. 

Fog you people never cease to amaze me with how you get these things. I will try your advice the next time I take the BsH-2 out for the last two anniversary missions,

Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai #10 Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:51 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 6742 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postcddlbunny0, on 11 May 2017 - 05:21 AM, said:

Fog you people never cease to amaze me with how you get these things. I will try your advice the next time I take the BsH-2 out for the last two anniversary missions,

Enjoy! It's a fun tactic, if not efficient. I only know about it because when I was going for a thunder in my IL one day, a red person said he was going to bomb me. He got over me, and it took a second for it to click. By then the bomb was away and I couldn't escape. Funniest thing that's ever happened to me.

The (not so) amazing Chokai is back! And he's hit all his personal goals sans one! Seriously though, nice to be back, looks like he game is improving. I continue to try to recruit new people.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users