CWANAP Registration extended for another week

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

_Warchylde_ #1 Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:24 PM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

So, the question remains.......

Anyone out there care to put aside their butt-hurt for a chance to fly against real-life humans instead of bots?

You can still hate Mars....

You can still hate me....

But you can fly in some true PvP, just like we used to, before WG screwed everyone over.

(and all of you SICK haters can stomp up on them in the skies, rather than just playing the forum game)

These sorts of battles will actually serve to increase your piloting skills.....you want to be the best, you fly against the best....that sort of thing....

You don't have to be in a clan....you can just grab 10-14 guys that you know and trust, and submit a roster.

Seriously, despite the blatherings of Rounne, the more teams participating will increase the fun factor.

So slap some ointment on y'all's butts, and step up to compete.

It's real easy, just post your team roster on the registration thread, which can be found here: http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/49057-2k17-beta-cwanap-registration/page__pid__683228__st__20#entry683228

Edited by _Warchylde_, 09 May 2017 - 07:25 PM.

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #2 Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:34 PM

First Lieutenant

• 116 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I heard there might be salty punch and tacos at the party... but then when I asked, nothing... could someone please confirm or deny so I may plan accordingly.

Thank you in advance,

Cheers,

ABC

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

GouIdy #3 Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:50 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 09 May 2017 - 03:34 PM, said:

I heard there might be salty punch and tacos at the party... but then when I asked, nothing... could someone please confirm or deny so I may plan accordingly.

Thank you in advance,

Cheers,

ABC

mmm.. tacos.

_Warchylde_ #4 Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:52 PM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
I already told you, Ace....there are no tacos, other than the ones you smuggle in your drawers.....

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Miilt #5 Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:20 PM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
This is a great idea.   Win or Lose human competition is fun :)

losttwo #6 Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:28 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Only cold cuts and beer

Caecias #7 Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 117 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

I'll pass along to our CO, StrikePackage...

This is a fine idea.  Any chance on making this a regular thing?  With Tacos and salty margaritas for Ace, of course.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #8 Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:44 PM

First Lieutenant

• 116 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCaecias, on 09 May 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

This is a fine idea.  Any chance on making this a regular thing?  With Tacos and salty margaritas for Ace, of course.

lol... thanks

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

MARS_REVENANT #9 Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:07 AM

Colonel

• 809 battles

View PostCaecias, on 09 May 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

Try mentioning it in the PT Bar and Grill chat... lots of high rollers hang out there.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

mnbv_fockewulfe #10 Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I was planning on organizing a team but considering me that's a bit of an oxymoron.

I'm just too busy to do it.

Too shy to do it.

Too much a procrastinator (I procrastinate procrastinating).

Have too many excuses to do it.

And am too lazy to do it even though I really want to be involved.

Spoiler

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #11 Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:42 AM

First Lieutenant

• 116 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 09 May 2017 - 07:08 PM, said:

I was planning on organizing a team but considering me that's a bit of an oxymoron.

I'm just too busy to do it.

Too shy to do it.

Too much a procrastinator (I procrastinate procrastinating).

Have too many excuses to do it.

And am too lazy to do it even though I really want to be involved.

Spoiler

wholotta jack monkey trolls in the last few days... I'm feeling like we've had a forum wide breakthrough and I couldn't be happier with my peeps!

Proud ABC

:great:

Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 10 May 2017 - 12:43 AM.

CrayoIaCrayon #12 Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
we be ready

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

MelBrooks #13 Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Nicely done Warchylde. Just don't let Ace eat all the worms out of the tequila bottles.....it gets ugly fast.....not just the women either.

gerr22 #14 Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:34 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 290 battles
  • [17SQ] 17SQ
i will take an empty seat if there is a shortage

JokersPunch #15 Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:57 AM

Airman Basic

• 609 battles
  • [JE] JE

I'd like to play too if there is a group that has a spot open.

MARS_REVENANT #16 Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:47 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles

I updated the roster rules...  This should make it easier for Clans to pull teams together.

http://forum.worldof...320#entry683320

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Jaguardian #17 Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:50 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1 battle

Game is old and boring for a lot of players that have played it for any length of time and have all ready collected most of the planes.  Training room is just stupid for conducting tournaments and it gives zero payout when matches are played.  WG needs to incorporate tournament battles like Tanks does and then start having regular tournaments and try to promote participation.  Anyone that has ever done a tournament in Tanks knows how easy it is to participate and how smooth the process is.  I don't blame people for not participating in player based tournaments.  Nothing against the people organizing them and I appreciated them for it, but it really just isn't worth it.  Bragging rights and playing a few matches against other humans that net you nothing and may even cost you credits is only fun for so long before it gets stale as well.

For those that may not know how tank tournaments run, it is very simple.  You register your team on the WG website when the tournament is announced and then the battle pops up automatically in game for you at the scheduled time and all you do is join.  It really is that easy for the players.  The matches even earn you credits for playing  all though on a different pay scale depending on if you win or lose.  Why can't WG implement this and then start running some small tournaments for us?

_Warchylde_ #18 Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:58 PM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostJaguardian, on 11 May 2017 - 12:50 PM, said:

Game is old and boring for a lot of players that have played it for any length of time and have all ready collected most of the planes.  Training room is just stupid for conducting tournaments and it gives zero payout when matches are played.  WG needs to incorporate tournament battles like Tanks does and then start having regular tournaments and try to promote participation.  Anyone that has ever done a tournament in Tanks knows how easy it is to participate and how smooth the process is.  I don't blame people for not participating in player based tournaments.  Nothing against the people organizing them and I appreciated them for it, but it really just isn't worth it.  Bragging rights and playing a few matches against other humans that net you nothing and may even cost you credits is only fun for so long before it gets stale as well.

For those that may not know how tank tournaments run, it is very simple.  You register your team on the WG website when the tournament is announced and then the battle pops up automatically in game for you at the scheduled time and all you do is join.  It really is that easy for the players.  The matches even earn you credits for playing  all though on a different pay scale depending on if you win or lose.  Why can't WG implement this and then start running some small tournaments for us?

We've all been asking the exact same question for years....Still nothing but crickets from WG.  +1 Jag

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

ArrowZ_ #19 Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:51 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 10 battles
It's disappointing ain't it. Game still has potential. Just lacks endgame.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users