RESPECT your Clan Tag

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

beaver_cleaver #41 Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:45 AM

Master Sergeant

• 30133 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 08 May 2017 - 11:12 AM, said:

Do you go to parties hosted by someone you dislike? I'm betting you don't. Same thing. From what I've heard from folks on and off the forum, Marsco has done quite a bit to tick off quite a few people. This isn't surprising. Get someone else, who is more neutrally viewed, to organize the events. 

It's not a party - or anything akin to a party. By your analogy The big 10 football teams should not play each other unless they "like" one another.  Unless and until Wargaming decides to actually support this game and it's players - player organized events are about all we will have. The fact that ANYONE tries to do something is noteworthy -

beaver_cleaver #42 Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:49 AM

Master Sergeant

• 30133 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostGeorgePatton, on 08 May 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

Not speaking for any organization or other individuals here... I know I don't like to participate in these events because they are too restrictive. I want to fly what I want to fly, and I want my friends to fly what they want to fly. None of this 'Only 2 of the same aircraft type' etc rules. You bring your best, I bring my best, we see who wins. Could you imagine the whining from WoT people if CW limited them to 2 IS-7, 1 T110E5, etc? It would be insane. It wouldn't be fun. That's what's happening here.

If somebody made a 15v15 up to tier XYZ tournament with no restrictions besides the highest tier you could use (preferably tier 10) I would be all over it. If somebody wants to bring 15 Me.262 HG III, let them. It's all within the scope of the game and with enough data collected from such a tournament, the developers could perhaps better understand the environment in the NA region and balance planes a little better. The more we show broken mechanics through competitive play, the more WG realizes what they need to tweak. That's how it works in Tanks, and if we produce enough data here, we should see that translate.

Cheers!
Glenn

Plane restrictions are only in place to ensure a competitive environment.  Mixing up planes makes for a better fight. Dont think so? Go to team training and fly against 6 or 8 of the same veteran bots flying the same plane. BORING.

Zapperguy #43 Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:50 AM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 32630 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostRounne, on 08 May 2017 - 07:52 PM, said:

Newb? I joined this game almost 2 years before you did. Or don't you see the date under my name?

We see the date under your name, but you didn't play enough games in beta to earn a beta tester tag, which means you are basically a noob. Fear not, your tag is as accurate as it can possibly be. You're a "member" alright.

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

Jaguardian #44 Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:45 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 19546 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postbeaver_cleaver, on 09 May 2017 - 05:49 AM, said:

Plane restrictions are only in place to ensure a competitive environment.  Mixing up planes makes for a better fight. Dont think so? Go to team training and fly against 6 or 8 of the same veteran bots flying the same plane. BORING.

I disagree.  Go to team training and fly against 6 or 8 bots flying anything and it is still boring, even if they are in different planes.

PhoinexFire #45 Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8595 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostJaguardian, on 09 May 2017 - 11:45 AM, said:

I disagree.  Go to team training and fly against 6 or 8 bots flying anything and it is still boring, even if they are in different planes.

​^

EspressoForHammy #46 Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:26 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4995 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

How did Rounne's content get moderated in the parts where other people quoted him, but his actual comments are still there?

And before anyone reports me, I'm not questioning the moderation; I'm just asking what the crap is going on. :)

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

Zapperguy #47 Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:57 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 32630 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 16 May 2017 - 10:26 AM, said:

How did Rounne's content get moderated in the parts where other people quoted him, but his actual comments are still there?

And before anyone reports me, I'm not questioning the moderation; I'm just asking what the crap is going on. :)

I think he had 1 post deleted prior to the big one that remains. Look at the timestamps.

:honoring:

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

Psicko23 #48 Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:16 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18528 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostZapperguy, on 09 May 2017 - 03:50 AM, said:

We see the date under your name, but you didn't play enough games in beta to earn a beta tester tag, which means you are basically a noob. Fear not, your tag is as accurate as it can possibly be. You're a "member" alright.

if you look him up in game, it shows that his first battle was in 2014.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users