• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Raider_Bane #21 Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:07 PM

Senior Airman

• 146 battles
  • [E_R] E_R

View Post_Warchylde_, on 08 May 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

So where's your clan?

I am a one member clan, so I effectively have no clan.  If I were in a clan that could participate, I would do so.

I repeat my opinion:

View PostRaider_Bane, on 08 May 2017 - 07:29 PM, said:

To those of you who do not like MARS:

If you do not participate because you do not like him, he wins.

MARS_REVENANT #22 Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:11 PM

Major

• 33835 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostRaider_Bane, on 08 May 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

I am a one member clan, so I effectively have no clan.  If I were in a clan that could participate, I would do so.

I repeat my opinion:

This is not a clan only event... you can join any team, clan or no clan or any mix...

Clans are just being discussed as they have the largest concentrations of players, so teams usually consist of mostly clan members and 1 or 2 mercs.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Raider_Bane #23 Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:28 PM

Senior Airman

• 146 battles
  • [E_R] E_R
Ah cool. You may see me there!

GeorgePatton #24 Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:37 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7716 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 08 May 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

We just had that for tier 8... Everyone quickly reverted to the Me 209 A.  The problem with that sort of set up is that it becomes monotonous where you just get the same OP planes against the same OP planes over and over.

Regardless, the past tournament had very few restrictions, and was so lax the teams just agreed between each other what they would bring to the battle in terms of tier/plane... still no participation.  I even extended the number of rounds for the round-robin stage, and even said new teams can join even after the tournament started.

This tournament is the same, the only restriction is the quantity of Heavy Fighters but teams can decide what they want to do as long as they both agree.

Honestly I don't like any restrictions. I make exception for the tier restriction as I know there are not enough players at tier 10 to allow for no restrictions period. Those who believe that seeing the same 'OP' planes against the same 'OP' planes is boring should stop and think IMO. What makes it boring? Is that not actually the only way to see who is actually the better pilot? Flying the same equipment in the same configuration? 

This is why I feel that these tournaments are not actually about skill - personal opinion. I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but I do wonder why anyone would think that it was 'skill-less' to fly the perceived 'OP' planes against each other.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

20thCenturyLtd #25 Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18513 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Regardless of how any one person or clan feels about Mars, he has put together these events so that we can get some good old fashioned PvP in again. The events may be organized by him but, the teams have total freedom to do as they will, as long as it is agreed to by both parties...there really is no excuse not to participate.

Dracs has a history with Mars going back to his days in SF....it wasn't good. Still, I give credit where it is due. GJ Mars. As for the rest of you...it's time to stop using him as an excuse...just "shut up" and play already !!

Edited by 20thCenturyLtd, 08 May 2017 - 10:05 PM.

Personnel Officer, Knights of Dracarys

Please PM me if interested in applying or for more information.

MelBrooks #26 Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 30216 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 08 May 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

Regardless of how any one person or clan feels about Mars, he has put together these events so that we can get some good old fashioned PvP in again. The events may be organized by him but, the teams have total freedom to do as they will, as long as it is agreed to by both parties...there really is no excuse not to participate.

Dracs has a history with Mars going back to his days in SF....it wasn't good. Still, I give credit where it is due. GJ Mars. As for the rest of you...it's time to stop using him as an excuse...just "shut up" and play already !!

Exactly. I do not see eye to eye with MARS a lot like trolling Zapper incessantly :). But, he does take time to organize and put on events for the community. Leave personalties and personal feelings at the door. 

Rounne #27 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1249 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

Baaaa Ha Ha Haaaaaa!!!

Oh this is rich! I stop reading all your whiny posts for just a few days and this is what I get rewarded with. A nice juicy clan whine post about how the clans are not participating and are therefore pointless.

Waaaaa Haa Haaa Haaaa.

I posted the same sentiments just a few days ago and everyone jumps on my case. And now everyone is complaining that it is pointless to have a clan if you don't put up a team in training room battles. Well for any of you that has that sentiment, guess what, you are WRONG!

Why are you wrong?

It's simple. The people to blame for clans being pointless are not the clans. It's the people who run a multiplayer only online game and have ZERO functionality whatsoever for any group multiplayer functions. It's wargaming that you should be blaming, not each other. You get NOTHING for being in a training room battle and here you are whining at your fellow players for not getting involved? How about an ounce of actual blame to the only party truly responsible for making your clans pointless and that is the developers themselves. 

But no, you people are too much of the "suck up" type of personality to actually place the blame where it belongs. Instead you blame each other for not joining in your pointless training room fights. 

You can flight with 1 person in a bot filled game and that is ALL you can do for any reward whatsoever. And get this... Since half the clans will boot you if you flight with someone from another clan then it's actually better to not be in any clans at all. Some multiplayer game huh. 

This is a solo players bot mode game. Deal with it. Suck it up. And stop turning on each other and place the blame where it truly belongs, on the game developer.

This entire whine thread just makes me sick. All this griping and whining and finger pointing in a player base that is now counted in the barely 300 or more. Pathetic.  

MARS_REVENANT #28 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:20 PM

Major

• 33835 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 08 May 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

SF days? I remember arguing with Bandet and SOJO... That's about it... And now look... SOJO and I are almost close to becoming buddies.

View PostMelBrooks, on 08 May 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

Exactly. I do not see eye to eye with MARS a lot like trolling Zapper incessantly :). But, he does take time to organize and put on events for the community. Leave personalties and personal feelings at the door. 

When have I trolled zap? I feel as if I am being painted with a broad brush...

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 09 May 2017 - 12:02 AM.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Rounne #29 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1249 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

The other part of this that no one wants to point out is the glaring hypocrisy of the OP's posts.

He whines that people need to respect their own clan tags, and yet, he is blatantly disrespecting almost all of the other clans in the game. The truth of his complete whiny childish thread is that he is really upset that NO ONE is respecting HIS CLAN and the other clans that he thinks are "Special". All the other clans turning up their noses to this training room fight just rubbed him the wrong way. He took it as a sign that people disrespected him. So instead, he turns the tables and says that the clans need to respect themselves.

LOL, what a sad joke. 

Look there OP. No one gives a damn about how special you think your clan is and how special you want to pretend two other clans are. The reality here is that you think that you are better than everyone else and you just disrespected EVERYONE else. Do you know what your clan now deserves? ZERO respect at all, that's what you and your clan now deserves.

I say that every other clan in this game needs to completely boycott anything that has the OP in it until he gets the damn message to stop disrespecting every other clan in the game and the decisions that they make.

You want to talk about respect? What a pathetic joke. Show some damn respect and you might get some in return. But as of right now, you deserve ZERO respect at all. 

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #30 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 22319 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 08 May 2017 - 11:12 AM, said:

Do you go to parties hosted by someone you dislike? I'm betting you don't. Same thing. From what I've heard from folks on and off the forum, Marsco has done quite a bit to tick off quite a few people. This isn't surprising. Get someone else, who is more neutrally viewed, to organize the events. 

Well, He's not a liar -  Let's hear more about your rich Florida Life Style?

Edited by SOJO, 08 May 2017 - 11:36 PM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

20thCenturyLtd #31 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18513 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostRounne, on 08 May 2017 - 05:43 PM, said:

Content moderated by Mezurashi.

You sure know a lot for some noob with just over 1k games played. Dracs is always ready to play...so, if I were you, I'd get my facts straight before putting your foot in your mouth again Ronnie. Better yet, log off the forums and try playing the game instead.

Edited by Mezurashi, 09 May 2017 - 09:15 AM.

Bubba_Zanetti #32 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 28996 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostRounne, on 08 May 2017 - 06:43 PM, said:

What flipping short bus did you just step off of?  You come on this forum 3 years later with no clue of the history or dynamics of this forum and appear to think your narcissistic blatherings are resonating with any long time member here.  Go row row row your boat gently out of this forum please.

Rounne #33 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1249 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 08 May 2017 - 11:48 PM, said:

You sure know a lot for some noob with just over 1k games played. Dracs is always ready to play...so, if I were you, I'd get my facts straight before putting your foot in your mouth again Ronnie. Better yet, log off the forums and try playing the game instead.

Newb? I joined this game almost 2 years before you did. Or don't you see the date under my name?

GeorgePatton #34 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:53 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7716 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostRounne, on 08 May 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

Baaaa Ha Ha Haaaaaa!!!

Oh this is rich! I stop reading all your whiny posts for just a few days and this is what I get rewarded with. A nice juicy clan whine post about how the clans are not participating and are therefore pointless.

Waaaaa Haa Haaa Haaaa.

I posted the same sentiments just a few days ago and everyone jumps on my case. And now everyone is complaining that it is pointless to have a clan if you don't put up a team in training room battles. Well for any of you that has that sentiment, guess what, you are WRONG!

Why are you wrong?

It's simple. The people to blame for clans being pointless are not the clans. It's the people who run a multiplayer only online game and have ZERO functionality whatsoever for any group multiplayer functions. It's wargaming that you should be blaming, not each other. You get NOTHING for being in a training room battle and here you are whining at your fellow players for not getting involved? How about an ounce of actual blame to the only party truly responsible for making your clans pointless and that is the developers themselves. 

But no, you people are too much of the "suck up" type of personality to actually place the blame where it belongs. Instead you blame each other for not joining in your pointless training room fights. 

You can flight with 1 person in a bot filled game and that is ALL you can do for any reward whatsoever. And get this... Since half the clans will boot you if you flight with someone from another clan then it's actually better to not be in any clans at all. Some multiplayer game huh. 

This is a solo players bot mode game. Deal with it. Suck it up. And stop turning on each other and place the blame where it truly belongs, on the game developer.

This entire whine thread just makes me sick. All this griping and whining and finger pointing in a player base that is now counted in the barely 300 or more. Pathetic.  

Perhaps you should try re-reading the thread. The thread isn't about the clan functionality, but rather that a lot of clans say they want any kind of competitive play and then dodge out of competitive events put together by a member of our community. The thread is not about the fact there is nothing built into the game by Wargaming.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

20thCenturyLtd #35 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18513 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostRounne, on 08 May 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

Newb? I joined this game almost 2 years before you did. Or don't you see the date under my name?

You got the stats & the games played of a noob...if the shoe fits........

_Warchylde_ #36 Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:01 AM

First Lieutenant

• 10944 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Looks like we got another one to add to the list..............

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Dsembr_Rein #37 Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10526 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostRounne, on 08 May 2017 - 06:52 PM, said:

That's the start date of your WG account. If you'd been playing this game since that date you'd have "Alpha Tester" tags under your name and a count of your battles before release on your profile page. Since it says "Member", and you have 0 battles prior to release, you started playing after launch, which was 11-13-13. You've got 2 weeks at most on 20th for your first battles, and yet he has 18x the game experience you do since then. So yes, you are a relative newb.

Edited by Dsembr_Rein, 09 May 2017 - 12:05 AM.

_Warchylde_ #38 Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:19 AM

First Lieutenant

• 10944 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostRounne, on 08 May 2017 - 06:43 PM, said:

::::shakes head in amazement::::

Where the heck have you been?  Warhawks and Dracs have always looked forward to facing each other down.....it's that friendly rivalry thing.  SICK is a relatively new clan, full of veteran pilots, and both Dracs and Warhawks are looking forward to facing them down as well.

Do we want other clans to join the tournament?  Yes.  Why?, because with only three clans expressing ANY interest to fight, a three team tournament is less than appealing to ANYONE with any sort of competitive spirit.

Beat up on the little guy?  Your ignorance screams volumes. Some of the best pilots I know inhabit clans such as Wraiths, Sigma Squadron, Gray Wolf, SF, and Aces.  Was I calling them out for not participating?  Hell yeah, I was, and they all know exactly why....no hidden agendas here. We play this game to shoot the crap out of each other, and we enjoy doing so.

I've been in private communication with other clan leaders, trying to get people to participate in the tournament, because ...now get this (and thank you for making my point for me already)..... WG reneged on their promise to give us Clan Wars, so we have been reduced to organizing something ourselves, without any support from WG.

We've had Air Raid Tournaments, Community Clan Wars, Round Robin Tournaments, all of which went on without your sage advice and input.

There were successes, failures, and sometimes, something kinda in between.  The point is, that this is nothing new to this community (which you were kind enough to leave once before), so you missed out on all of this....in that regard, I can excuse your ignorant tirade.   You obviously want no part of any sort of competition (which you freely admit, since you can't learn to fly the singular best plane in its tier), and "uninstalled the client" because learning was just too hard.

For someone who wants nothing to do with the game, you sure spend a lot of time on the forums bashing anything and everything to do with it.

You madam, are the one who has ZERO Respect.   I know who I am, as does everyone else in this community.  I may have joined the game long after your initial aborted attempt to learn how to play, but everyone here knows who I am, exactly what I think, and I have no fear for my reputation at all.   Can you say the same?

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Captkirk2013 #39 Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:16 AM

Senior Airman

• 33644 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Post_Warchylde_, on 09 May 2017 - 12:19 AM, said:

::::shakes head in amazement::::

Where the heck have you been?  Warhawks and Dracs have always looked forward to facing each other down.....it's that friendly rivalry thing.  SICK is a relatively new clan, full of veteran pilots, and both Dracs and Warhawks are looking forward to facing them down as well.

Do we want other clans to join the tournament?  Yes.  Why?, because with only three clans expressing ANY interest to fight, a three team tournament is less than appealing to ANYONE with any sort of competitive spirit.

Beat up on the little guy?  Your ignorance screams volumes. Some of the best pilots I know inhabit clans such as Wraiths, Sigma Squadron, Gray Wolf, SF, and Aces.  Was I calling them out for not participating?  Hell yeah, I was, and they all know exactly why....no hidden agendas here. We play this game to shoot the crap out of each other, and we enjoy doing so.

I've been in private communication with other clan leaders, trying to get people to participate in the tournament, because ...now get this (and thank you for making my point for me already)..... WG reneged on their promise to give us Clan Wars, so we have been reduced to organizing something ourselves, without any support from WG.

We've had Air Raid Tournaments, Community Clan Wars, Round Robin Tournaments, all of which went on without your sage advice and input.

There were successes, failures, and sometimes, something kinda in between.  The point is, that this is nothing new to this community (which you were kind enough to leave once before), so you missed out on all of this....in that regard, I can excuse your ignorant tirade.   You obviously want no part of any sort of competition (which you freely admit, since you can't learn to fly the singular best plane in its tier), and "uninstalled the client" because learning was just too hard.

For someone who wants nothing to do with the game, you sure spend a lot of time on the forums bashing anything and everything to do with it.

You madam, are the one who has ZERO Respect.   I know who I am, as does everyone else in this community.  I may have joined the game long after your initial aborted attempt to learn how to play, but everyone here knows who I am, exactly what I think, and I have no fear for my reputation at all.   Can you say the same?

Very well said,Warchylde.

Gang_Starr #40 Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:43 AM

Captain

• 12292 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Post_Warchylde_, on 08 May 2017 - 11:58 AM, said:

Perfect example of this is how recent events have impacted the scheduled Clan Tournament, with only 3 clans participating

I think that has more to do with there only being 3 active clans on this dead server.

Tenks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users