RESPECT your Clan Tag

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

_Warchylde_ #1 Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:58 PM

First Lieutenant

• 10944 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Sometimes I wonder why most of you even wear clan tags.

It seems to me that most of you don't know how to respect your clan tag.

Perfect example of this is how recent events have impacted the scheduled Clan Tournament, with only 3 clans participating, and several others boycotting it because it was organized by Mars_Revenant

Holy S***, are you kidding me???

Everyone keeps complaining about how there is nothing for the clans to actually DO, except slag each other off in the forums.

Yet when someone actually steps up and takes time out of their REAL LIFE to try and put something together FOR YOU, no one wants to participate....

WHY?  (ok, listen to how stupid this sounds....)

"We are not going to participate, because this was organized by Mars....we don't like Mars, so our clan will not compete against any other clans."  :amazed:

Seriously?  Why do you guys even wear clan tags?  You're like a bunch of punk wannabe street gangs, who flash their colors, talk a lot of smack, but refuse to fight it out to see who's the best.

Who friggin' CARES who organized this?   This is chance to show that there's a reason for you owning, or being in a clan.

Mars took time out of his real life to try and put this together....I know I would never have the time to do it, and while Mars and I are often bumping heads, I truly appreciate the efforts of ANYONE who tries to contribute to the community.

Some people say "He doesn't run the event fairly, and we get screwed over."  Show me your proof.  For the love of all that is sacred and profane, there aren't even any prizes, so how can one be cheated? I just don't get it.

Some people say "He's an arrogant jerk, who always looks for reasons to slag people off in the forums."  What does that have to do with organizing a tournament?

Yeah, Mars, I still think you're a jerk, but for trying to set this up, you get a hearty salute from me. :honoring:

As for the rest of you "clans" who are always talking smack, but never come to the dance,  you are all pathetic.  

I know a lot of you personally, and my respect for you personally will never change, but your clan tag is worthless, and doesn't mean squat, if you won't stand up and fight for it.

Serious props to DRACS for always being the first to stand up and say "We'll be there!", even with guys who rarely play the game any more.  That's respecting your tag.

Props to SICK as well, for stepping forward and saying "So what if y'all hate us, here's your chance to stomp up on us...yeah, come on!"  That's respecting your tag.

And finally, I want to thank my fellow Flying Misfits of WHAWK for putting up with me and suffering through my constant badgering about putting together a team for this event.  Thank you to those who readily jumped at the chance to fly against other clans, and many thanks to those of you who simply said "Ok, ok, I'll join if you'll just shut the f*** up!!" :B

With all of the registered "clans" on this server, it's a shame that we can't even get four of them to join a tournament for bragging rights.....you know....actually playing the game, rather than just spouting off at each other on the forums.

This is truly, truly sad....respect your tags, ladies and gentlemen.

*Comments and opinions above are mine and mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of any other person, clan, or organization.  You got a problem with what I said, take it up with me personally.

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

The_World_Needs_A_Hero #2 Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 7704 battles
Do you go to parties hosted by someone you dislike? I'm betting you don't. Same thing. From what I've heard from folks on and off the forum, Marsco has done quite a bit to tick off quite a few people. This isn't surprising. Get someone else, who is more neutrally viewed, to organize the events. 

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #3 Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 20734 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 08 May 2017 - 11:12 AM, said:

Do you go to parties hosted by someone you dislike? I'm betting you don't. Same thing. From what I've heard from folks on and off the forum, Marsco has done quite a bit to tick off quite a few people. This isn't surprising. Get someone else, who is more neutrally viewed, to organize the events. 

Uhhh, it's not a party...

it's a simple little clan tournament... really, no one is gunna pee in the punch bowl and make you drink it

as for who organizes it... a Russian commie owns this game we love to play and I'm OK with that...

plus you don't play this game and don't have a clan and we all know you dream and stalk Mars...

it's ok, a boy has to have his golden ring to live for... it's ok...

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

The_World_Needs_A_Hero #4 Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 7704 battles

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 08 May 2017 - 04:18 PM, said:

Uhhh, it's not a party...

it's a simple little clan tournament... really, no one is gunna pee in the punch bowl and make you drink it

as for who organizes it... a Russian commie owns this game we love to play and I'm OK with that...

plus you don't play this game and don't have a clan and we all know you dream and stalk Mars...

it's ok, a boy has to have his golden ring to live for... it's ok...

Your shtick wears thin and you are almost as bad as Marsco on these forums. That isn't a good thing. I love seeing you in game though. Easy victory for me. 

Rosebud #5 Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12020 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

I for one am very happy you brought up this analogy. As luck would have it I am attending a party at the time of this event. The party is indeed hosted by someone I don't like. I am assuming that the person hosting will be buying the food and booze. I am also assuming my personal feeling toward them will not influence their choices. I know that's a lot of assuming, but the only other option is not to attend and that would let the people I really care about down. So my personal feelings aside, I'll attend.

_Warchylde_ #6 Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:49 PM

First Lieutenant

• 10944 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Party?  Hosting?

This simply a tournament where we can get a chance to fight each other without bots, and put our piloting skills where our mouths are.

What difference does it make who puts forth the effort to do the logistical work of recording results and managing the brackets?

There was a poll put up so that people could have a say in which maps to use, which aircraft tiers, size of teams, what rules will apply, what type of tournament (single or double elimination, etc), what days to have battles, what times, etc, etc.  No one arbitrarily said "this is the way it will be". The rules and organization of the event are the results of said poll.

So what if someone you don't like did the grunt work in setting everything up. Lord knows YOU weren't going to do it.

So Mars, arguably one of the most disliked individuals in the community, put together a platform for everyone to fly together and against each other.   Big deal, who friggin' cares?

Why would any self-respecting WoWP pilot pass up on the chance to fly in an all-human tournament where AI bots have absolutely no say in the outcome?

You wear a clan tag (oh, wait, no you don't), to show the rest of the community that you are a part of a group of players who identify as a single unit.  Why?

If not to compete against other like-minded individuals, then what does your clan tag actually represent?

WG is not giving us Clan Wars, and a majority of the population has left as a result. So we have to try and do it ourselves, thanks to the generous efforts of certain members of the community.

If one of those individuals just happens to be someone no one likes, what does that have to do with the competition?

If you'll pardon the analogy, that's kinda like the New England Patriots refusing to participate in the NFL playoffs, because they don't like the Commissioner, and they have a bad history with him. 

Party? Hosting?

Your dislike of Mars has blinded you to the entire point of this thread, but then again, that's really not at all surprising....

Edited by _Warchylde_, 08 May 2017 - 04:52 PM.

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

MARS_REVENANT #7 Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:55 PM

Major

• 34261 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Clans are created for different reasons... SICK is a perfect example of this.  Although I am not sure why SICK was created, you would have to read one of the millions of SOJO's recruitment threads.

DRACS seems to be about competitions.

SICK is about win rate

WHAWK seems to be about competition and casual play.

I'm not sure on the rest, but anyway, there are different reasons for different clans.

Te one point you do have is that people complain about having nothing to do, then complain again when there is something to do, or they pund their chest about being in 1st place in clan rankings, but leave CLan Wars early and dont participate in tournaments...

As for me, I am being used as an excuse, nobody wants to come out and say that they are not competitive.

Again... ANYONE IS FREE TO RUN THE TOURNAMENT, although I seem to be the only one setting it up... I only do it because I have more fun competing against skilled players than I do against Pub-bots, even if it means being ROFLSTOMPED by DRACS over and over... still better that mind numbing pub matches.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

MARS_REVENANT #8 Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:20 PM

Major

• 34261 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Post_Warchylde_, on 08 May 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

... and while Mars and I are often bumping heads... You keep saying this, but since when have we ever bumped heads?  I must be missing something.

Some people say "He doesn't run the event fairly, and we get screwed over." - Never happened.  Get over it and compete!

Some people say "He's an arrogant jerk, who always looks for reasons to slag people off in the forums."  Partly true... Certain people What does that have to do with organizing a tournament? Valid question... Answer: because they don't want to admit that they are not competitive. Get over it and compete!

Yeah, Mars, I still think you're a jerk, Thanks buddy!***

Spoiler

losttwo #9 Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:23 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I have heard of some VERY UNINTELLIGENT LOGIC in my life time but

THIS TAKES THE CAKE

" I do not like MARCO, so I am not going to participate in any form of in game competitions he hosts or is a part of "

Life sucks and you miss out on a lot when you place PERSONALITY before PRINCIPAL.

This is an ONLINE VIRTUAL WORLD and if you don't were panties we don't care.

If I had the time and the system I would fly in any tournament that anyone put on.

It is about the game not the person.

Of course then again, you do have some people who avoid visiting Daytona at the same time I do because they don't like me.

The_World_Needs_A_Hero #10 Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 7704 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 08 May 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

Of course then again, you do have some people who avoid visiting Daytona at the same time I do because they don't like me.

If you visit Daytona, that is a whole other set of issues. The only people who like going to Daytona are the rednecks for the 500, the idiot bikers for bike week,  and the moron spring breakers who still haven't figured out that Ft Myers is the cool spring break hot spot these days. 

BuffaloTime #11 Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:17 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 20338 battles
  • [3MNKY] 3MNKY
I'll bet your blood pressure went down after letting that off your chest.

GeorgePatton #12 Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:28 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7716 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Not speaking for any organization or other individuals here... I know I don't like to participate in these events because they are too restrictive. I want to fly what I want to fly, and I want my friends to fly what they want to fly. None of this 'Only 2 of the same aircraft type' etc rules. You bring your best, I bring my best, we see who wins. Could you imagine the whining from WoT people if CW limited them to 2 IS-7, 1 T110E5, etc? It would be insane. It wouldn't be fun. That's what's happening here.

If somebody made a 15v15 up to tier XYZ tournament with no restrictions besides the highest tier you could use (preferably tier 10) I would be all over it. If somebody wants to bring 15 Me.262 HG III, let them. It's all within the scope of the game and with enough data collected from such a tournament, the developers could perhaps better understand the environment in the NA region and balance planes a little better. The more we show broken mechanics through competitive play, the more WG realizes what they need to tweak. That's how it works in Tanks, and if we produce enough data here, we should see that translate.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

MARS_REVENANT #13 Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:46 PM

Major

• 34261 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostGeorgePatton, on 08 May 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

Not speaking for any organization or other individuals here... I know I don't like to participate in these events because they are too restrictive. I want to fly what I want to fly, and I want my friends to fly what they want to fly. None of this 'Only 2 of the same aircraft type' etc rules. You bring your best, I bring my best, we see who wins. Could you imagine the whining from WoT people if CW limited them to 2 IS-7, 1 T110E5, etc? It would be insane. It wouldn't be fun. That's what's happening here.

If somebody made a 15v15 up to tier XYZ tournament with no restrictions besides the highest tier you could use (preferably tier 10) I would be all over it. If somebody wants to bring 15 Me.262 HG III, let them. It's all within the scope of the game and with enough data collected from such a tournament, the developers could perhaps better understand the environment in the NA region and balance planes a little better. The more we show broken mechanics through competitive play, the more WG realizes what they need to tweak. That's how it works in Tanks, and if we produce enough data here, we should see that translate.

Cheers!
Glenn

We just had that for tier 8... Everyone quickly reverted to the Me 209 A.  The problem with that sort of set up is that it becomes monotonous where you just get the same OP planes against the same OP planes over and over.

Regardless, the past tournament had very few restrictions, and was so lax the teams just agreed between each other what they would bring to the battle in terms of tier/plane... still no participation.  I even extended the number of rounds for the round-robin stage, and even said new teams can join even after the tournament started.

This tournament is the same, the only restriction is the quantity of Heavy Fighters but teams can decide what they want to do as long as they both agree.

Preditorian #14 Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 6256 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

zsqpInM.jpg

Merica... and um.. Dinosaurs.

Mackunaima #15 Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20718 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 08 May 2017 - 01:12 PM, said:

i do, spcially if I can meet people I like and have free meal.. looks like you know nothing about real rocking a party..

Block Quote

Seriously?  Why do you guys even wear clan tags?  You're like a bunch of punk wannabe street gangs, who flash their colors, talk a lot of smack, but refuse to fight it out to see who's the best.

:bajan:

Edited by Mackunaima, 08 May 2017 - 06:54 PM.

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

Raider_Bane #16 Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:29 PM

Senior Airman

• 160 battles
  • [E_R] E_R

To those of you who do not like MARS:

If you do not participate because you do not like him, he wins.

PhoinexFire #17 Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9130 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
It would be cool to have more clans participating... Ya know?

_Warchylde_ #18 Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:46 PM

First Lieutenant

• 10944 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostRaider_Bane, on 08 May 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

To those of you who do not like MARS:

If you do not participate because you do not like him, NOBODY WINS

So where's your clan?

Edited by _Warchylde_, 08 May 2017 - 07:48 PM.

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

_Warchylde_ #19 Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:50 PM

First Lieutenant

• 10944 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPhoinexFire, on 08 May 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

It would be cool to have more clans participating... Ya know?

Amen, and amen.....pity too.

Pass up a good time because you don't like someone who'll be there.....sad.

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

MARS_REVENANT #20 Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:05 PM

Major

• 34261 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Post_Warchylde_, on 08 May 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

Amen, and amen.....pity too.

Pass up a good time because you don't like someone who'll be there.....sad.

This is only part true...Like I said... anyone can take it over at any time... so they are passing up a good time, but not because I'll be there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users