Block Quote

Priolia # 548    Posted Yesterday , 07 May 2017 - 12:26
Super test, General test
Developer
WoWP Supertest Manager

Block Quote

Block Quote

LESNOY__KOT (06 May 2017 - 17:51) wrote:
3 . The results of the work of super-testers should be visible and palpable, starting with small things, but since the questions that have filled up the nagging questions continue, you can note the work of the unfulfilled, since this implies the first two points.

A. Ah, how wonderful to argue from the side about what you know little about! Sometimes it seems to me that this is a favorite occupation of mankind. For a start about the results. To understand if the results of the work of super-testers are visible, at least one should see the first iteration of a test and a release version and be able to compare them. This time. The second is that no one, anywhere and never claimed that after the super test game is perfect. And the reasons for this may be different. Starting from the fact that the super-testers are not enough to cover the necessary variety of configurations / situations and their combinations, and to identify some tricky technical problems that may arise. And ending with problems that do not apply to the work of a super test at all.

As for what the super test and who should - we have clear rules, which comply with any super-test. All that is not forbidden is allowed. And the fact that the super tester correctly understands this, we are constantly watching. Do not forget that they are the same players as you, and, in fact, do not owe us anything. They voluntarily agree to participate in the super test, and we only regulate how much a player could integrate into the framework of the super test and how comfortable it is there. If a person and could not integrate, we part with him. It's simple.

Block Quote

A3POCuIIEd_c_JII0JIbKOii (07 May 2017 - 05:17) wrote:
Q. Do you think at least one change / addition / innovation is really an improvement in the game, or just need to report, like, well, we try as best we can, just we, too ...

A.Yes, I think so, and for such conclusions, I have sufficient grounds. At a minimum, I see how it was at the beginning with the addition of some new functionality, and how it works in the release version. Believe me, this, sometimes, is a huge difference.

SuperTesters do a lot of important work and many of their responses are very listened to. Especially now, when the new mode is tuned. All information is carefully analyzed, corrections are made - sometimes successful, sometimes not, and then how much they are successful we learn from super testers. Yes, they do not have the opportunity to reinterpret everything radically with their reviews - the game will still evolve according to the vector set by the development team. However, within the framework of this, any opinion is very carefully analyzed. Therefore, my personal opinion is that anyone who cares about the game will be able to benefit from the super test.

RU WoWP forum source link

Block Quote

Priolia # 552     Posted Today, 08 May 2017 - 12:35
Super test, General test
Developer
WoWP Supertest Manager

Block Quote

Sunny_wind (07 May 2017 - 18:47) wrote:
Q. So you answer the questions, and I think many do not believe at all. Even in the fact that super testers are listening. And about many other things. Not to the place. But here is the question of the queen, not the topic. Why in the subject questions about the game are not answered by the developers here and such topics already dozens

A. Well, believe or not believe - everyone's intimate business, I believe. But on whether they believe me or not, nothing will change. It's like not believing in the law of gravity - whether you believe in it or not, jumping from the roof, you will invariably fly down, and not to the top. :) About why the developers are not responding.

For communication on the forum there are specially prepared for this people. And you know their names. It's no secret that not everyone will survive and will be able to react calmly to some comments from players, especially taking into account the love of the latter to reason and give value judgments to activities and phenomena, the essence of which they know little and understand. And also that some players allow themselves to disrespect the developers, frankly boorish posts and so on. 

Despite the fact that such emotions can be fully understood and explained from a purely human point of view, a developer who is unprepared for communicating with the players (and as a rule, direct duties and necessary skills for the game designer, programmer or QA does not include the ability to communicate correctly with users) can give to the disrespectful treatment of the player no less severe answer, which in turn will cause, say, not the reaction that will promote a healthy atmosphere of communication on the forum. In order to avoid incidents resulting in a frank "[EXPLICATED DELETED]" (sorry for such a tough word), many direct members of the development team avoid direct communication with the players. And I think it's right. Knowingly in any company providing these or those services there is a special department of user support.

Anyone who remembers my first posts on the forum at the beginning of my work can perfectly follow how the tone of my communication with the players changed during this time. But that he changed into such a "tolerant" side, I had to make a lot of efforts, listen to a lot of different recommendations from the profile department and force myself to react to some of your attacks. It is not necessary to demand the same effort from developers whose direct responsibilities do not include communication with the community. In my duties, part communication with players is included, so I mastered these skills. Although, I must admit, they help me and in communication with colleagues :)

To answer questions from the audience, there is a department of community work, whose employees know where to get the answers and how to present them to the audience in the correct form.

I hope I answered your question. Also I ask you to stay within the framework of this topic, so as not to turn it into answers to all possible questions from players - I can not do it physically. Thank you for understanding.

RU WoWP forum source link

Well I did mentioned there are toxic RU WoWP threads by some RU WoWP pilots. So the communications blackout is because planned as such to prevent misunderstandings? Am I reading this right?

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 08 May 2017 - 12:58 PM.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Fidei Defensor of WoWP,  Fortissimus Spei,  Amicus Autem Multis

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

To clear WoWP Cache -Please press the windows key + r to open the 'run' dialog. Then type in %temp%\wargaming.net Then delete the "wowp" folder. This will clear the game cache

TeamTerrible #2 Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 44591 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

From what I gathered it seems your guess is correct

So they claim they are listening but are not replying cause they think it will start a war :unsure:

News flash, when you apply changes that were not requested it leads to people questioning your listening skills :izmena:

When requests are made and never applied (clan wars as an example) the result is the same  :facepalm:

and I bet she wonders why we were so kind to her on that last visit :teethhappy:

Thanks for the post Flak!! 

Rosebud #3 Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11948 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Lets see if I can't summarize #552

A) Game makes changes player doesn't like.

B) Player complains about changes.

C) Game doesn't like players tone and refuses to answer.

D) Player is pissed that company is not listening and writes even angrier message.

E) Game officially complains about receiving angrier message.

Do I have this right?

cddlbunny0 #4 Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3174 battles
Yup, it looks like the manager has had it with all the negativity and threatened to shut them down.

Mezurashi #5 Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:19 AM

• 79 battles

Just a friendly reminder. Please stay on topic.

Thanks.

Moving at the speed of sight.

Helpful links: EULA || Terms of Service || Game Rules and Violations

Bobby_Tables #6 Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:52 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 23324 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostMezurashi, on 09 May 2017 - 03:19 AM, said:

Just a friendly reminder. Please stay on topic.

Thanks.

Wait, isn't this the Off Topic thread?  How does one stay On Topic in the Off Topic thread?

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 09 May 2017 - 12:53 PM.

Zapperguy #7 Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:56 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 32543 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

I think the root of the current development problems is becoming clearer. WG is going almost solely upon Supertester input.

The Supertesters, at least when this region had them, played almost exclusively on the Supertest server, and for all practical purposes, stopped playing on the public server. They are on a different server flying new planes, testing new features, etc. They are not regularly using the planes we fly; so, they don't recognize the concerns we have with the current iteration of the game. I think they really need to allow current players to partake in any testing of new features, and listen to them regarding which changes need to happen more urgently than others.

Until WG listens to the everyday player, their paying customers, this game will remain dead in the water. Do you think the Supertesters are paying for anything? I would say not.

• They didn't listen to us in CBT when we said it wasn't ready for open beta.
  • They didn't listen when we said it wasn't ready for launch - it clearly wasn't, and they put forth almost no effort or $$ into advertising the title.

The original Persha crew thought they knew best and ignored player input. That mindset failed them miserably. Most of that team has been replaced, and I do think they are listening to outside input to some degree now, but they are limiting that input to the Supertesters, who are likely out of touch with the rest of us. Are you listening WG?

:izmena:

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

GhostPrime #8 Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:40 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1423 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostBobby_Tables, on 09 May 2017 - 04:52 AM, said:

Wait, isn't this the Off Topic thread?  How does one stay On Topic in the Off Topic thread?

All off-topic posts have been removed from this thread. Just to reiterate - Please do stay on the topic of the original posting. Further off topic posting and flaming will get moderated, and the thread closed. 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

Cowboyhiho #9 Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20480 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on 09 May 2017 - 08:40 AM, said:

All off-topic posts have been removed from this thread. Just to reiterate - Please do stay on the topic of the original posting. Further off topic posting and flaming will get moderated, and the thread closed. 

hiho bobby, lets see, there was an off topic post on this thread, in the off topic section of the forum. I agree with you, maybe we are rewatching Catch 22

Edited by Cowboyhiho, 09 May 2017 - 11:37 PM.

Also tagged with Q&A, Supertester

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users