Jump to content


Me 209 V4 or Bf 109 F?


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

BrickSniper33 #1 Posted 08 May 2017 - 02:20 AM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 738 battles
  • 16
  • Member since:
    02-06-2016

So I'm planning to buy the medium military parade bundle and was planning to ether get the Tier 6 German fighter or the tier 5 premium fighter.

 

while I've heard wonderful things about the 109 F and have heard it's pretty easy to use I don't quite feel I'm ready for the next tier up. The No. 1 mistake I made in my wotblitz career when I was starting out was I rushed up the tiers and ended up with a 40ish % Panther 1, Tiger II, E 75 and E-100 and looking back I was a totally useless waist of a spot on my team having to face off against the 60%+ Unicums and it's probably the reason that even now with 13k games I'm only a 55%er on my over all stats in blitz even though I'm way better than that. So I'm hesitant to go up another tier because I don't want this account to end up like my blitz one and I really don't want to be a hinder to my team.

 

however I could instead get the tier V German premium plane the Me 209 V4. Thing is this plane looks to be very weak. It seems to be just a worst Fw 190 A-1. I looked at the other tier V prems and they don't  seem much better plus they don't play like I'm used too.

 

i'd appreciate any input you guys could give me on what to do wether it be going for one of the two or recommending one of the other tier V prems

 

thanks, brick.


Edited by BrickSniper33, 08 May 2017 - 02:24 AM.

 

 

NA severs resident Dr. Who, Lego loving anime hater.

If you need some Lego help I'd be happy to do what I can

 


MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 08 May 2017 - 02:26 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 31906 battles
  • 6,463
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
In my opinion... 209 is garbage.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.


Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai #3 Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:31 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6287 battles
  • 783
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-13-2012

109F is great- but you have the right mindset. I made the mistake you said- and I have a TON of battles in my 109f because I did crap in it. My other T6's took ~33% as many battles because I actually performed in them.

 

If you don't feel confident, don't move up. BUT. Don't go for the 209 V4. That plane is fast but weak. Instead, buy as many lines as you can. This is what works for me. Basically having all T5's researched, then moving up to T5. All T6's researched before moving up. Tons of planes in the same tier. In this way you learn every planes advantages and weaknesses. You see what lines are worth it: I'm highest in the German lines but prefer IJN/IJA planes. Turn and Burn is my thing. Or maybe you end up liking 110s. Try as many planes as you can. Maybe you are the next great GA player.


The (not so) amazing Chokai is back! And he's hit all his personal goals sans one! Seriously though, nice to be back, looks like he game is improving. I continue to try to recruit new people.


Psicko23 #4 Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:31 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 18527 battles
  • 2,408
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

I agree, the t5 209v is crap. The only thing it has going for it is speed. It's the fastest t5 plane with crap guns. Only thing it is good for is chasing down the t5 heavies. But it takes awhile to kill them. I like the t6 premium.  The messerspit is pretty good. 

  Good for you not jumping up the lines. It's good not to run up the lines, but it's also not good to stay stagnant for too long. Gotta find a balance. 

    My favorite t5 premium in the shop is the xf4u1.


Edited by Psicko23, 08 May 2017 - 05:32 AM.


pyantoryng #5 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:24 AM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 11720 battles
  • 5,682
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

T5 209 bad? Worse than He 100?



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Mackunaima #6 Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:22 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 20126 battles
  • 1,481
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    04-09-2012

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 07 May 2017 - 11:26 PM, said:

In my opinion... 209 is garbage.

 

What??

 

Is is not, for sure it is far from garbage. But this plane is very hard to handle. =P

 

View PostBrickSniper33, on 07 May 2017 - 11:20 PM, said:

So I'm planning to buy the medium military parade bundle and was planning to ether get the Tier 6 German fighter or the tier 5 premium fighter.

 

while I've heard wonderful things about the 109 F and have heard it's pretty easy to use I don't quite feel I'm ready for the next tier up. The No. 1 mistake I made in my wotblitz career when I was starting out was I rushed up the tiers and ended up with a 40ish % Panther 1, Tiger II, E 75 and E-100 and looking back I was a totally useless waist of a spot on my team having to face off against the 60%+ Unicums and it's probably the reason that even now with 13k games I'm only a 55%er on my over all stats in blitz even though I'm way better than that. So I'm hesitant to go up another tier because I don't want this account to end up like my blitz one and I really don't want to be a hinder to my team.

 

however I could instead get the tier V German premium plane the Me 209 V4. Thing is this plane looks to be very weak. It seems to be just a worst Fw 190 A-1. I looked at the other tier V prems and they don't  seem much better plus they don't play like I'm used too.

 

i'd appreciate any input you guys could give me on what to do wether it be going for one of the two or recommending one of the other tier V prems

 

thanks, brick.

 

I really like 209 and it gave me a bit of fun. I didn't play it too much cuz u just have one gameplay style on it. You are an ambusher. 209 has good range for gun, but weak gun. So you need to be patiente and have good sight, and don't get close. It is one of the few planes you can do vertical and horizontal boom and zoom. Need a lot of dodging bullet skill and boost management. This is not a plane for newcomers.

 

109F is totally different plane, good guns, good climb rate, not even close to 209, better "turning and burn", but it is not a premium, so grind it as soon as you can.

 

For tier 5 remium, I would say the best choice is go tier down for XF4F-3 (good money maker). But I would waste my money buying Spitifire V DB if you like to dogfight or XP50 if you like to boom and zoom.

 

Tier 4 and 5 are good money makers for newcomers. Use your gold to trade free experience to grind modules for regular planes. Never skip a tier and never skip a plane, it will make you know planes and how to counter fight them in the future.

 

Regars,

Mack


"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli



 


pyantoryng #7 Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:37 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 11720 battles
  • 5,682
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Buy those premium off discount if you desire so...for low tier ones you'll save a good chunk.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Vanize #8 Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:27 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 16529 battles
  • 534
  • Member since:
    05-21-2014

View Postpyantoryng, on 08 May 2017 - 05:24 AM, said:

T5 209 bad? Worse than He 100?

 

way way way worse.

 

an He 100 in the right hands is actually dangerous. a 209v4 on the red team is just one less worry.



Mackunaima #9 Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:08 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 20126 battles
  • 1,481
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    04-09-2012

View PostVanize, on 08 May 2017 - 12:27 PM, said:

 

way way way worse.

 

an He 100 in the right hands is actually dangerous. a 209v4 on the red team is just one less worry.

 

209 is so understimated cuz is very rare so see a player really doing well in boom and zoom. Most of them just rely on being fast and having enough HP to take damage when they try to run away. Is it no boom and zoom it is "boom and ouch-my-azz". :bajan:


"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli



 


MARS_REVENANT #10 Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:03 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 31906 battles
  • 6,463
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostMackunaima, on 08 May 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

 

209 is so understimated cuz is very rare so see a player really doing well in boom and zoom. Most of them just rely on being fast and having enough HP to take damage when they try to run away. Is it no boom and zoom it is "boom and ouch-my-azz". :bajan:

 

I have no problem with the handling, it can get high and has good speed. Maneuverability is decent.  The guns are too weak, and the accuracy is bad.  It serves as a good distraction while your team clears your taoil, but cant carry a match.

 

Compared to the 109 it doesn't do well against a live person in a heavy fighter... again, weak guns and bad accuracy.

 

Why would I spend gold on a premium plane that is outperformed by regular planes in its tier?


I never lose; either I win or I learn.


Mackunaima #11 Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:21 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 20126 battles
  • 1,481
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    04-09-2012

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 08 May 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

 

I have no problem with the handling, it can get high and has good speed. Maneuverability is decent.  The guns are too weak, and the accuracy is bad.  It serves as a good distraction while your team clears your taoil, but cant carry a match.

 

Compared to the 109 it doesn't do well against a live person in a heavy fighter... again, weak guns and bad accuracy.

 

Why would I spend gold on a premium plane that is outperformed by regular planes in its tier?

 

Well, it worked for me very fin. Just need to have a lot of patiente to push them into mistakes.

 

I think thi is the point we disagree, I think he does very fine against HF cuz you can overspeed them and come into deadsides, TG can't get you all the time. And againt 109 you can't overturn but you can overspeed, just need to make sure 109 is out of boost and hold him like this. If 109 have no wingman will be a tuff match.

 

209V is a bit faster then 109F and faster then 109E and have better energy management. 209 isi like playing planes within slingshot.

 

And now you touched a very intresting point. I never bought with real money any plane, all o them came from free gold or races, or raids. This game IMHO does not worth real money fo premium planes. WG chenge them as soon as they start to lose money, once it was OP now it is a crap. So y pay for it if it is not realiable? :trollface:


"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli



 


MARS_REVENANT #12 Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:25 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 31906 battles
  • 6,463
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostMackunaima, on 08 May 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

 

Well, it worked for me very fin. Just need to have a lot of patiente to push them into mistakes.

 

I think thi is the point we disagree, I think he does very fine against HF cuz you can overspeed them and come into deadsides, TG can't get you all the time. And againt 109 you can't overturn but you can overspeed, just need to make sure 109 is out of boost and hold him like this. If 109 have no wingman will be a tuff match.

 

209V is a bit faster then 109F and faster then 109E and have better energy management. 209 isi like playing planes within slingshot.

 

And now you touched a very intresting point. I never bought with real money any plane, all o them came from free gold or races, or raids. This game IMHO does not worth real money fo premium planes. WG chenge them as soon as they start to lose money, once it was OP now it is a crap. So y pay for it if it is not realiable? :trollface:

 

The weak guns and bad accuracy leads to the point you made about being patient... It takes a lot longer to bring down a plane.  More often that not, the time it takes to take down a plane ends up leaving my team exposed.

 

I didn't mention real $, I said why would I spend gold on it?  I never did, I think I won it at some point, but that is besides the point.  The OP is asking if it is worth spenfding gold on it, I think there are better things to spend gold on.


Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 08 May 2017 - 05:26 PM.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.


Mackunaima #13 Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:33 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 20126 battles
  • 1,481
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    04-09-2012

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 08 May 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

 

The weak guns and bad accuracy leads to the point you made about being patient... It takes a lot longer to bring down a plane.  More often that not, the time it takes to take down a plane ends up leaving my team exposed.

 

I didn't mention real $, I said why would I spend gold on it?  I never did, I think I won it at some point, but that is besides the point.  The OP is asking if it is worth spenfding gold on it, I think there are better things to spend gold on.

 

You need to force them to come after you, just anoying them. I know you can do this very well.. :hiding:

 

Vertical or horizontal boom and zoom. Boom and zoom in real life are suportive fire, so just go for it.


"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli



 


MARS_REVENANT #14 Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:39 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 31906 battles
  • 6,463
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostMackunaima, on 08 May 2017 - 12:33 PM, said:

 

You need to force them to come after you, just anoying them. I know you can do this very well.. :hiding:

 

Vertical or horizontal boom and zoom. Boom and zoom in real life are suportive fire, so just go for it.

 

I agree, but you also need the time it takes to do that.  1 v 1 yes.  Team... no... I need to be able to carry the battle in most instances.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.


Mackunaima #15 Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:59 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 20126 battles
  • 1,481
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    04-09-2012

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 08 May 2017 - 02:39 PM, said:

 

I agree, but you also need the time it takes to do that.  1 v 1 yes.  Team... no... I need to be able to carry the battle in most instances.

 

Blehh.. You are seeing this too much professional. Where is the fun? Mocking people? Kicking and running? :child:

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli



 


MARS_REVENANT #16 Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:16 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 31906 battles
  • 6,463
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostMackunaima, on 08 May 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

 

Blehh.. You are seeing this too much professional. Where is the fun? Mocking people? Kicking and running? :child:

 

For me the fun is winning.

 

Join SICK... I need you for a scrim.  Or at least your stats... That will be fun.


I never lose; either I win or I learn.


Mackunaima #17 Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:24 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 20126 battles
  • 1,481
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    04-09-2012

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 08 May 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

 

For me the fun is winning.

 

Join SICK... I need you for a scrim.  Or at least your stats... That will be fun.

 

First of all I need to get back in the game.

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli



 


MARS_REVENANT #18 Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:26 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 31906 battles
  • 6,463
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostMackunaima, on 08 May 2017 - 01:24 PM, said:

 

First of all I need to get back in the game.

 

Getting back into the game is not a requirement to join SICK... you can just join through the web interface... which you are already logged into.

 

So fun, so easy!


I never lose; either I win or I learn.


Mackunaima #19 Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:41 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 20126 battles
  • 1,481
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    04-09-2012

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 08 May 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

 

Getting back into the game is not a requirement to join SICK... you can just join through the web interface... which you are already logged into.

 

So fun, so easy!

 

It is easy but not fun, you are going to tell everyone we are dating but Im not having the good part of this.. :playing:

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli



 


MARS_REVENANT #20 Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:48 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 31906 battles
  • 6,463
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostMackunaima, on 08 May 2017 - 01:41 PM, said:

 

It is easy but not fun, you are going to tell everyone we are dating but Im not having the good part of this.. :playing:

 

I don't want to date you, I just want you inside my clan.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users