Jump to content


Wargaming wants Sexy Girl Pics Removed - Some are Offended


  • Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

BrushWolf #21 Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:55 AM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 10781 battles
  • 5,729
  • [GWG] GWG
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

View PostGouIdy, on 05 May 2017 - 08:27 PM, said:

It has nothing to do with politics or beliefs that the material being posted is offensive but has everything to do with who the poster is. Plain & simple there are petty people here that will report anything that might or might not be  borderline inappropriate based only on their dislike for someone. This is the anonymous world we live in, people will smile to your face then spit on your back.

 

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 05 May 2017 - 08:30 PM, said:

 

I have a 3 page long PM with GhostPrime trying to convince him of that.  Everytime someone is moderated because of people spamming the report button, trying to get him to understand how the moderation is still broken.  Not sure how many strikes he has had to remove, and posts he has had to put back up...

 

SOJO has stepped on a lot of toes and the owners of some of those toes will take any opportunity to report him. Personally I think they need to grow a pair but it is what it is.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

                             

 

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

 


losttwo #22 Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:59 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • 12,609
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012
http://Posted Image

MARS_REVENANT #23 Posted 06 May 2017 - 02:01 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 34281 battles
  • 7,327
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postlosttwo, on 05 May 2017 - 08:59 PM, said:

 

 

That was the first +1 I have ever given you.

 

Great work on those shoes... I mean... if you're into shoes... or whatever.


I never lose; either I win or I learn.

 


losttwo #24 Posted 06 May 2017 - 02:04 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • 12,609
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

was going to do something with the bomb but new WG would perma ban me.

Her hands are already white.


Edited by losttwo, 06 May 2017 - 02:05 AM.


Lou #25 Posted 06 May 2017 - 02:23 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 7780 battles
  • 1,152
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostBrushWolf, on 05 May 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

 

 

SOJO has stepped on a lot of toes and the owners of some of those toes will take any opportunity to report him. Personally I think they need to grow a pair but it is what it is.

Probably this.. It's a crock. while I'm no fan of clowns, females however... HUGE fan. I didn't get involved in all the slinging going on in those posts, too busy looking at the pics

 

View Postlosttwo, on 05 May 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

was going to do something with the bomb but new WG would perma ban me.

Her hands are already white.

 I lol'd



MALICE_AT_BIRTH #26 Posted 06 May 2017 - 02:50 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 22606 battles
  • 1,624
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Sadly all remove!


MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

 

 

                                                    


MARS_REVENANT #27 Posted 06 May 2017 - 02:53 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 34281 battles
  • 7,327
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSOJO, on 05 May 2017 - 09:50 PM, said:

Sadly all remove!

 

I have lost respect for you.

 

Part of your clan rules was that you don't bend to outside pressure, and you let WG enforce their own EULA... Yet, here you go removing pics that were fine.  Should have made them remove the pics if you were actually breaking rules.

 

Looks like SICK has some leadership turmoil...


Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 06 May 2017 - 03:03 AM.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

 


MALICE_AT_BIRTH #28 Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:10 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 22606 battles
  • 1,624
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 05 May 2017 - 09:53 PM, said:

 

I have lost respect for you.

 

Part of your clan rules was that you don't bend to outside pressure, and you let WG enforce their own EULA... Yet, here you go removing pics that were fine.  Should have made them remove the pics if you were actually breaking rules.

 

Looks like SICK has some leadership turmoil...

 Well, They were going to ban my account, remember one has to be accountable for their own actions, I paid my dues.

 

Are you leaving S.I.C.K. For DRACS?


Edited by SOJO, 06 May 2017 - 03:34 AM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

 

 

                                                    


Bubba_Zanetti #29 Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:14 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 29232 battles
  • 1,315
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

 


EspressoForHammy #30 Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:16 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 5307 battles
  • 4,458
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postlosttwo, on 05 May 2017 - 09:04 PM, said:

was going to do something with the bomb but new WG would perma ban me.

Her hands are already white.

 

Just make the bomb more black. Everything else will sort itself out.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

 


Chuck_norris10 #31 Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:36 AM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 22671 battles
  • 5,264
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

Heh,should post a pic of my girlfriend in leather short shorts. 

Uninstalling the game and riding in the morning.

Priorities.

Sojo is a good hand,I would take him as my #2 in the arctic anyday.

I know he would have my back.

I came out of the darkness,then the ping got over 100.

It's been a slice guys,as a single guy this was my entertainment for years.

Now it's time to ride.

 

Zig.

 


Edited by Chuck_norris10, 06 May 2017 - 03:52 AM.

 

 


 

Rounne #32 Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:29 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1249 battles
  • 168
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I bet you all think it was me. But it wasn't. I haven't reported anyone for anything here. Instead, people report me all the time for anything they can think of. 

 

But I can offer my insight into who I think it was. And let me tell you something, I have a lot of experience with these sort of matters if any of you know of my forum history. Who do I think reported you?

 

I don't think anyone did. 

 

Use your brains people. You have been posting these pics for a long time now. As well, this forum is only visited by about 20 regulars, at most 30. Did any of them complain before? Nope. The likelihood that some random person reported you for something no one else has in a long time is so remote, that I don't even consider it a possibility. Like I said, it wasn't me. 

 

What I think happened? I think, just like you said, that wargaming insiders simply want to clean up anything obvious because other people in the company might be looking. That's how things like this that go on for a long time usually work. Someone within wargaming just wanted to probably clean it up a bit since higher ups might have been looking at the site. 

 

I wouldn't take offence to it SOJO. Trust me, if it was a real reporting the person or people offended would have reported you for every incident and then the mods would have been forced to do something about it. In this case, I think someone from wargaming itself just said, "Hey man can you tone the images down some thank you". I mean think about it. Would anyone here have a problem with girly pictures really when we want them on all our planes? No, that kind of person wouldn't even play this game, hence, why no one said anything for so long. 

 

I know you think it was me, but it wasn't. I haven't reported anyone here. I of all people know what harm it can do and I am not that kind of petty vindictive jerk. If I have a problem with you, you will know about it, and most likely so will everyone else. If you were reported, which i seriously doubt, then in my experience it is usually someone who is too chicken or politically correct to ever come out and say it. It either didn't happen, or it was a quiet, vindictive, politically correct back stabber who would never have the nerve to say the kind of things that I say. 


Edited by Rounne, 06 May 2017 - 05:44 AM.


Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #33 Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:37 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 20767 battles
  • 1,809
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostChuck_norris10, on 05 May 2017 - 10:36 PM, said:

Heh,should post a pic of my girlfriend in leather short shorts. 

Uninstalling the game and riding in the morning.

Priorities.

Sojo is a good hand,I would take him as my #2 in the arctic anyday.

I know he would have my back.

I came out of the darkness,then the ping got over 100.

It's been a slice guys,as a single guy this was my entertainment for years.

Now it's time to ride.

 

Zig.

 

 

well dang... if WG has lost Chuck then what the cluck...

that dude was as loyal as you'll ever know,

how low has WG gone to be so deep in the muck....

to lose ol' Norris is a h'ell of a show...

it's so sad the forums have come to this,

when this could'a been an outlet for fun...

lil' crybabies got upset an' gave the pampers a piss

and now this place is down another one...

.

.

.

weird prose I knows

... but to lose Chuck, wt huck?

 


Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 06 May 2017 - 04:39 AM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #34 Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:38 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 20767 battles
  • 1,809
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostRounne, on 05 May 2017 - 11:29 PM, said:

I bet you all think it was me. But it wasn't. I haven't reported anyone for anything here. Instead, people report me all the time for anything they can think of. 

 

But I can offer my insight into who I think it was. And let me tell you something, I have a lot of experience with these sort of matters if any of you know of my forum history. Who do I think reported you?

 

I don't think anyone did. 

 

Use your brains people. You have been posting these pics for a long time now. As well, this forum is only visited by about 20 regulars, at most 30. Did any of them complain before? Nope. The likelihood that some random person reported you for something no one else has in a long time is so remote, that I don't even consider it a possibility. Like I said, it wasn't me. 

 

What I think happened? I think, just like you said, that wargaming insiders simply want to clean up anything obvious because other people in the company might be looking. That's how things like this that go on for a long time usually work. Someone within wargaming just wanted to probably clean it up a bit since higher ups might have been looking at the site. 

 

I wouldn't take offence to it SOJO. Trust me, if it was a real reporting the person or people offended would have reported you for every incident and then the mods would have been forced to do something about it. In this case, I think someone from wargaming itself just said, "Hey man can you tone the images down some thank you". I mean think about it. Would anyone here have a problem with girly pictures really when we want them on all our planes? No, that kind of person wouldn't even play this game, hence, why no one said anything for so long. 

 

I know you think it was me, but it wasn't. I haven't reported anyone here. I of all people know what harm it can do and I am not that kind of petty vindictive jerk. If I have a problem with you, you will know about it, and most likely so will everyone else. If you were reported, which i seriously doubt, then in my experience it is usually someone who is too chicken or politically correct to ever come out and say it. It either didn't happen, or it was a quiet, vindictive, politically correct back stabber who would never have the nerve to say the kind of things that I do. 

 

please just be silent

 


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


MARS_REVENANT #35 Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:39 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 34281 battles
  • 7,327
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 05 May 2017 - 11:38 PM, said:

 

please just be silent

 

 

LOL...

 

speaking of silent, I seem to be having trouble logging into your teamspeak.


Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 06 May 2017 - 04:40 AM.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

 


Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #36 Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:41 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 20767 battles
  • 1,809
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 05 May 2017 - 11:37 PM, said:

 

well dang... if WG has lost Chuck then what the cluck...

that dude was as loyal as you'll ever know,

how low has WG gone to be so deep in the muck....

to lose ol' Norris is a h'ell of a show...

it's so sad the forums have come to this,

when this could'a been an outlet for fun...

lil' crybabies got upset an' gave the pampers a piss

and now this place is down another one...

.

.

.

weird prose I knows

... but to lose Chuck, wth?

 

 

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 05 May 2017 - 11:39 PM, said:

 

LOL...

 

speaking of silent, I seem to be having trouble logging into your teamspeak.

 

lemme see

 


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


MARS_REVENANT #37 Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:29 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 34281 battles
  • 7,327
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postderkahunter, on 05 May 2017 - 07:59 PM, said:

cant post pictures of flowers that is mother earth and you cannot exploit her for your evil use. you just raped mother earth

 

You cant say raped... I got an in-game chat violation for saying the team got raped... triggered someone on the other side. Sexually explicit language they called it


I never lose; either I win or I learn.

 


Bobby_Tables #38 Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:33 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 24126 battles
  • 609
  • Member since:
    06-16-2014

View PostGouIdy, on 05 May 2017 - 07:27 PM, said:

It has nothing to do with politics or beliefs that the material being posted is offensive but has everything to do with who the poster is. Plain & simple there are petty people here that will report anything that might or might not be  borderline inappropriate based only on their dislike for someone. This is the anonymous world we live in, people will smile to your face then spit on your back.

 

Yep.  +1

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 06 May 2017 - 06:38 AM.


Chuck_norris10 #39 Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:52 AM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 22671 battles
  • 5,264
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 05 May 2017 - 09:37 PM, said:

 

well dang... if WG has lost Chuck then what the cluck...

that dude was as loyal as you'll ever know,

how low has WG gone to be so deep in the muck....

to lose ol' Norris is a h'ell of a show...

it's so sad the forums have come to this,

when this could'a been an outlet for fun...

lil' crybabies got upset an' gave the pampers a piss

and now this place is down another one...

.

.

.

weird prose I knows

... but to lose Chuck, wt huck?

 

 

It's been a slice but plus 100 ping is horrible after playing with a ping of 27% maximum since the game started.

So I tried,spent too many of my days off trying to fix this to no avail.

Spent tonight uninstalling and my bike is waiting for some knees in the breeze therapy and unlike this game,it is predictable and wont let me down.

And as for Sojo,we have chatted a few times and he is a leader trying to do what he is doing.

I can relate after leading a 240 member clan for years and years of steady war doing what you can to keep your clan safe,some battles lasted over 1000 rounds and took days and endless sleepless nights.

Anyone who thinks leading people is easy has never done it,you have to inspire them and sometimes it takes money from your own pocket to do so but your members will do anything for you.

I went from a 2 member clan to 240 because people knew that I did not back down.

Nothing but respect for Sojo.

Later folks.

Zig

 


 

 


 

The_World_Needs_A_Hero #40 Posted 06 May 2017 - 12:14 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 7704 battles
  • 1,222
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View PostGouIdy, on 06 May 2017 - 01:27 AM, said:

It has nothing to do with politics or beliefs that the material being posted is offensive but has everything to do with who the poster is. Plain & simple there are petty people here that will report anything that might or might not be  borderline inappropriate based only on their dislike for someone. This is the anonymous world we live in, people will smile to your face then spit on your back.

 

You are ignorant.  

 

Not even I reported those pictures, and I think SOJO is a steaming pile of.. well...you know. What you people fail to realize is we have a handful of female players in this game. Some of those have been known to post on the forum in the past. If anyone wants to point a finger in a direction, that is the most likely source. Personally, I thought those pictures were borderline disturbing. To a female, they probably are downright offensive for reasons I don't think I need to go into detail on. Use your heads, people.

 

I dealt with this on one of my guitar forums. There was a bikini thread. Nothing weird like SOJO posted, but just women in bikinis. Eventually, the admins deleted it and banned future material of that type. Their reasons were......wait for it.... complaints from female members. Put yourself in their shoes. What if someone came on here and started putting pictures of guys in banana hammocks with clown paint on in all of their posts? You'd be pretty disgusted, right? I know I would be spamming the report button for that.  

 

Its in Wargamings best interests for the forums to be gender neutral. While I am not the one who reported any of that stuff, I'm certainly not sad to see it gone. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users